Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy to have caught it in one of the articles. I wish I was good with mapping, I used to be ok, till google changed the site, now I don't know how to add a 3rd location to my trip lol

I think you are great, especially with posting pictures and maps.

ATSB Weekly Update - July 27, 2016

The weather next week looks to be poor and search could be impacted.
Highlights from this update are listed below.

- More than 110,000 square kilometres of the seafloor have been searched so far.

- Ministers from Malaysia, Australia and the People’s Republic of China met in Malaysia to discuss the status of the search and future arrangements should the aircraft not be located in the search area.

-There was significant media coverage of data obtained from the MH370 Captain’s home flight simulator.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

I think the malaysian's are passing around a memo daily in the boardroom that says ' just keep'em confused, just keep em confused '. imo

I think you are great, especially with posting pictures and maps.

Very thankful you're so good with finding new articles

MH370 was flown into water, says Canadian air crash expert - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36938480

Extension of flaperon indicates a controlled landing in the ocean...

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to process this. So now someone leaked that the flaperon was in the landing position. They've said if someone did land it, it would be farther South. Where the debris have washed up indicate the plane is near Broken Ridge. All I keep thinking about is the many passengers, hoping they did not suffer.

They really need to go back, take into consideration the Tomnod images along with whatever ping data they have

He said the fact the flaperon had apparently been deployed for landing also indicated that someone was piloting the plane when it hit the ocean.

"You cannot get the flaperon to extend any other way than if somebody extended it," he said.

"Somebody would have to select it."

MH370 was flown into water, says Canadian air crash expert - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36938480

Extension of flaperon indicates a controlled landing in the ocean...

First I remember hearing that the flaperon had been extended for a landing. Question is - where was the landing?

I recalled a theory earlier that the plane was in trouble and had headed for an emergency landing before disappearing.
This theory made a lot of sense but later it was dismissed. Now I wonder about it again.

How soon before landing would they raise the flaperon? If it was raised for the landing and then the pilots went unconscious again, would it stay up until crashing or would it come off in the air?
On the other hand, if the plane crashed into the rough waters of the Indian Ocean, could the flaperon pop up on its own?

Here is the article on this theory as well as an article on the debunking of that theory.

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-26640114

[video=youtube;ZQHl5SmA08A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQHl5SmA08A[/video]

[video=youtube;Dmw0evr6uvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmw0evr6uvI[/video]

If these have already been posted. My apologies. Thank you sis and Watcher, for contributing to this thread. I appreciate both of you.

IMO if the pilot had any intention of doing an emergency landing, he would have. Nothing explains why he flew hours off-course. I do not believe this jet flew with nobody at the controls for as long as it did. Just brings more questions. Nothing what this pilot did and did not do makes any sense.

This claim the jet was piloted until the end does complicate the search I would imagine. They based the search area as if the jet was on auto pilot. Since they don't think it was, this jet could be anywhere. I do think it is definitely in the Indian Ocean given where the debris washed up.

First I remember hearing that the flaperon had been extended for a landing. Question is - where was the landing?

I recalled a theory earlier that the plane was in trouble and had headed for an emergency landing before disappearing.
This theory made a lot of sense but later it was dismissed. Now I wonder about it again.

How soon before landing would they raise the flaperon? If it was raised for the landing and then the pilots went unconscious again, would it stay up until crashing or would it come off in the air?
On the other hand, if the plane crashed into the rough waters of the Indian Ocean, could the flaperon pop up on its own?

Here is the article on this theory as well as an article on the debunking of that theory.

http://www.wired.com/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-26640114

Now we wonder who it was that flew the plane off course and into the ocean.

Very thankful you're so good with finding new articles

I'm going to have to process this. So now someone leaked that the flaperon was in the landing position. They've said if someone did land it, it would be farther South. Where the debris have washed up indicate the plane is near Broken Ridge. All I keep thinking about is the many passengers, hoping they did not suffer.

They really need to go back, take into consideration the Tomnod images along with whatever ping data they have

TomNod images, ping data as well as the black box beeping.

[video=youtube;Dmw0evr6uvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmw0evr6uvI[/video]

If these have already been posted. My apologies. Thank you sis and Watcher, for contributing to this thread. I appreciate both of you.

Thanks so much sis! I haven't seen them yet. 8:15 of video 1 starts talking about Swiss Air and the many pieces of debris floating for weeks. Everyone has to listen to this at 8:42 where ATSB says they have hard data that shows there was a rapid descent of 20,000 feet per minute. According to the Swiss Air guy, those debris were floating for weeks.

Respectfully snipped...
9:34 they start talking about the flaperon
So ticked, Firefox crashed, I lost whatever I wrote about the flaperon. Part 2, at 7:47 they're doing a SIM landing in water, he says the engines would be ripped off.

have to run errands
Swiss Air debris field

SwissAirDebris.jpg

flaperon, it comes out of the wing. It's said that the water from the landing sheared parts of it off

FlaperonExtended1005Crop.jpg

I have been intrigued by this missing plane since it happened over 2 years ago. I haven't followed the thread(s) here until more recently. Thank you for posting the 60 Minutes videos. I would imagine that the liability to the Malaysian government would be much greater if it was found that the pilot did this on purpose, as opposed to there having been something wrong with the plane, or an accident, terrorist event on the plane, or etc? Would this explain why Malaysia stops media questioning and perhaps why they don't seem all that excited about finding pieces of the plane?

Welcome to the MH370 thread. Your input is much appreciated.

Malaysia has not been forthcoming with much info since the very beginning.
It may be a cultural thing where the government is just not as open to the public as other nations.

Weekly Update - Aug 3, 2016

They had poor weather last week that hindered the search operations severely.
Poor weather will continue into next week with gale force winds.
They also included an explanation of how any found debris is handled.

Since the disappearance of MH370, many items of suspected debris have been handed in by members of the public. These items are potentially very important and people are encouraged to report any suspected debris to local authorities.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

Hijackers generally have a motive and a demand. I can't see hijackers flying this jet for hours on end with no communication. My suspicion lies with pilot.

Apparently the pilot.
But I still haven't jumped onto that bandwagon yet.
Hijackers is still a possibility.

JMO

Malaysia acknowledged for the first time that one of the pilots of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 had plotted a course on his home flight simulator to the southern Indian Ocean, where the missing jet is believed to have crashed.

Australian officials overseeing the search for the plane last month said data recovered from Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah's simulator included a flight path to the southern Indian Ocean.

[snipped]
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-confirms-flight-370-pilot-plotted-fatal-route/

I didn't want to believe it was planned. That just makes it sadder. :(

I'm wondering what the hell happened to the copilot... and what the passengers made of it all. Someone must have realised it was going wrong. Did no one use their phone? It's been so long since I thought about this I don't know if I'm rehashing or not.

Really good question. Nobody really knows what happened to the co pilot but its suspected the Captain took him out somehow. Either killed him in the cockpit or locked him out of the cockpit. Absolutely harrowing to think about what everyone on that jet went through. The cell phone question has been brought up many times.
It is odd that NOBODY tried to use one. The jet fluctuated in altitude so much that there had to be a time the jet was within a tower somewhere, unless everyone was dead early on due to depressurization.

What an absolute nightmare for everyone on board. My heart stops thinking about it. These are just my theories but Malaysia admitting this dead end route to nowhere was on the Captains home simulator, is the nail in the coffin for me. How can that be a coincidence?

I'm wondering what the hell happened to the copilot... and what the passengers made of it all. Someone must have realised it was going wrong. Did no one use their phone? It's been so long since I thought about this I don't know if I'm rehashing or not.

I havent checked in on this thread for a long time, but with the recent announcements about the pilot having used his home simulator to plan/practice a flight into the south Indian Ocean, I thought I would check in. I do indeed believe that it is most probable that the pilot indeed did intentionally fly the plan to its ultimate doom. Why, we may never know. It just seems the most likely scenario. As for why no one tried to call on a cell phone, I think there are two answers, and I believe that they have been discussed before. First, if I remember correctly, shortly after going off course and turning back towards Malaysia, the plane ascended to over 40,000 ft. If this is correct, it seems that perhaps the pilot had already incapacitated the co-pilot (or locked him out ala German Wings event) and then ascended and vented the air out for the purpose of eliminating the passengers while he remained on his oxygen mask. He then returned to lower altitute where he could breath normally. Second, for the most parts, cell phones simply are out of range of cell towers when the plane is at altitude. Cell towers direct and receive signals along the surface of the Earth, not up into the sky. And of course there are no cell towers out in the ocean. So any passengers could have tried to call all they wanted, but those calls are never going to connect.

Its horrifically sad for the families left behind to not have good answers. We are never going to understand "why" this happened. The act of a madman is difficult to accept I know. I think he sent the plane on this course specifically for the purpose of it being difficult, if not impossible, to find. I have wondered if he didnt kill himself after programming the autopilot or if he was alive and alert all the way. I think with the suggestions that the plane likely glided so long after running out of fuel and the possible extension of the flaps, it is most likely that the pilot was indeed alive all the way. But even a controlled water landing in the rough open ocean would have been very violent and most certainly killed him as well. Its difficult to wrap my head around the horror of that entire scenario, but I do believe that is probably what happened. I doubt that, other than small pieces of debris, the plane will ever be found. Not any time soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB