Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mangled 'MH370 debris' found off the coast of Mozambique suggests the jet EXPLODED and was not under control of the pilot when it crashed"

*Piece of aircraft wreckage found by tour operator off Mozambique
*It is believed the debris is from missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370
*Piece is badly mangled with torn edges- suggests plane did not land softly
*Strengthened claims plane was not under control of a pilot when it crashed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ue-suggests-plane-exploded.html#ixzz4IfFdENsn

View attachment 100381

Thanks for all your posts and discussion in this ongoing mystery and its developments.

Welcome and thank you. For those of us in the US that don't use metric, 2000km is equal to 1,242.742 miles

I still want to make an album on my profile with photos of debris. I'm only able to put 5 photos in a reply, so having an album would make it easier to reference. I'm not sure I remember this one from August of last year. The piece is huge.

France searches better for MH370 debris 08.08.2015

19611.jpg

Suspected MH370 debris to be transferred for inspection - Airplane debris suspected to be of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight found off the coast of Mozambique, would be transferred to Australia for examination. - By Indo-Asian News Service on March 3, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Canberra, March 3: Airplane debris suspected to be of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight found off the coast of Mozambique, would be transferred to Australia for examination. Australian Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester on Thursday said the debris is a piece of metal of about one metre in length, which was found in a Mozambican beach, Xinhua news agency reported

malaysia-airlines-mh17-crash-33.jpg

Jeff Wise - The Rodrigues Debris Puzzle - April 4, 2016
graphic made by Caleb Lambert (@CaleLambert), based on an original by Tim Sharpe. It offers a nice visual summary of the five pieces of known or suspected MH370 debris.

Debris-map.jpg

Welcome and thank you. For those of us in the US that don't use metric, 2000km is equal to 1,242.742 miles

I still want to make an album on my profile with photos of debris. I'm only able to put 5 photos in a reply, so having an album would make it easier to reference. I'm not sure I remember this one from August of last year. The piece is huge.

France searches better for MH370 debris 08.08.2015

View attachment 100399

Suspected MH370 debris to be transferred for inspection - Airplane debris suspected to be of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight found off the coast of Mozambique, would be transferred to Australia for examination. - By Indo-Asian News Service on March 3, 2016 at 9:39 AM

View attachment 100400

Jeff Wise - The Rodrigues Debris Puzzle - April 4, 2016
graphic made by Caleb Lambert (@CaleLambert), based on an original by Tim Sharpe. It offers a nice visual summary of the five pieces of known or suspected MH370 debris.

View attachment 100401

I went back in this thread to find the August 2015 find which turned out to be the flaperon. News of the flaperon debris was first posted by popsicle on July 29 2015 on post #705 pg 47. So the article about France searches was about the aftermath of finding the flaperon. The triangle debris picture does not seem to go with the article.

I thought I remembered seeing the triangle debris picture before though I don't know where. I wonder if it is actually the back side of the triangle found on Feb 27 2016 according to your link. Further searching, the no step triangle piece as posted by me (watcher9) in #1276 p86 on Mar 2 1016 was the official second piece of debris found. Horizontal stablizer. I'm not sure now if it's the same piece.

The more rectangle piece looks like it could be the backside of the debris found on the Thailand beach which was later found not to be part of MH370.
This debris was about 3m x 3m (9'x9'). Posts on this debris started by Unique on Jan 23 2016 in post #1229 p82.

On the map picture bottom right, I haven't been able to find a link on it yet. I wonder if the date is wrong.

When I went back searching in the thread, I found that a lot of links are now gone. Posted pictures are still there. I think an album of some sort would be very helpful if accessible. Maybe a link on the first post of each thread would be handy. I'm not sure how to do it, but maybe not to your profile. Some of the things to include could be date, location, site, pictures of debris, what debris is and placement on plane, confirmed or not, locator person maybe as a reference, links. This could be mind boggling to start up but easier to maintain once everything is loaded.

I went back in this thread to find the August 2015 find which turned out to be the flaperon. News of the flaperon debris was first posted by popsicle on July 29 2015 on post #705 pg 47. So the article about France searches was about the aftermath of finding the flaperon. The triangle debris picture does not seem to go with the article.

I thought I remembered seeing the triangle debris picture before though I don't know where. I wonder if it is actually the back side of the triangle found on Feb 27 2016 according to your link. Further searching, the no step triangle piece as posted by me (watcher9) in #1276 p86 on Mar 2 1016 was the official second piece of debris found. Horizontal stablizer. I'm not sure now if it's the same piece.

The more rectangle piece looks like it could be the backside of the debris found on the Thailand beach which was later found not to be part of MH370.
This debris was about 3m x 3m (9'x9'). Posts on this debris started by Unique on Jan 23 2016 in post #1229 p82.

On the map picture bottom right, I haven't been able to find a link on it yet. I wonder if the date is wrong.

When I went back searching in the thread, I found that a lot of links are now gone. Posted pictures are still there. I think an album of some sort would be very helpful if accessible. Maybe a link on the first post of each thread would be handy. I'm not sure how to do it, but maybe not to your profile. Some of the things to include could be date, location, site, pictures of debris, what debris is and placement on plane, confirmed or not, locator person maybe as a reference, links. This could be mind boggling to start up but easier to maintain once everything is loaded.

I have my grandson again so this will be brief.
The triangle pic looks like Malaysia's colors, so I wasn't sure.
I have an idea of what to do, just need time to do it, but we need something that's easier to reference.

Another article about a find on Linga Linga beach.

This article describes the piece as being a colored triangle but doesn't match the first picture which shows a rectangle piece that looks like the one I can't place. The article previously posted on the triangle described the finder as a tour operator. This article describes him as a hotelier. Maybe something is amiss in the translation.

The second picture in the article maps the finds so far. When I get some time, I will try to match each one with a posted picture.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspected-mh370-debris-found-mozambique-104822711.html

I still don't think there was an explosion. An explosion after flying for hours? We will see if anything comes of this new debris.

Weekly update August 31 2016

Fugro Equator is in the search area and conducting search operations.
Dong Hai Jiu 101 remains at anchor off Fremantle.

They acknowledged a report of the find of debris on Linga Linga Beach and said that all debris found thus far affirms the focus of search efforts in the southern Indian Ocean.

Weather predicted south of the search area to be gale force winds with seas up to 27 ft but that should not affect north of the search area.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

I made a new thread, thankfully I copied everything to notepad because for some reason it needs mod approval before it posts. Here is what it contains, let me know what you think. Hopefully it won't take long to get approved.

- Debris Found Relating To MH 370

Watcher and I felt we needed a place where we can better track the debris found to date, so I decided to go with a new thread. We'd like to add them in order that they were found.

Possible debris #1 that I don't think they were able to confirm it was from the plane. IMO it's a pretty good coincidence.
Is this proof that MH370 crashed off the coast of Australia? Towelette with Malaysia Airlines logo washes up on Western Australia beach - By John Carney for Daily Mail Australia and Heather Mcnab for Daily Mail Australia - Published: 17:25 EST, 9 March 2015 - Updated: 10:44 EST, 10 March 2015

- The package washed up on a Cervantes beach in Western Australia
- It has now been sent to Canberra for further testing and verification
- Experts think a package this small could travel these long distances
- It comes just days after the one year anniversary of the disappearance
- MH370 disappeared with all 239 people on board on March 8, 2014
- Relatives of the passengers gathered to mourn and demand answers
Nine News reports that the small pre-moistened paper towel that was in a Malaysia Airlines sealed packet has been sent to Canberra for further testing and verification after being found hundreds of kilometres away by a couple walking along a beach in Cervantes in July.

The couple who discovered the packet said it was ‘unopened, which was very unusual’."

attachment.php

attachment.php

Debris #2 Flaperon
Recovered debris matches model of missing Malaysia plane - By David K. Li - July 29, 2015 | 5:57pm

Plane wreckage washed up on a tiny island off Africa’s east coast Wednesday, raising hopes it could be from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which mysteriously vanished more than a year ago, officials said.

Crews cleaning the beach on the French Indian Ocean island of *Reunion found the 6-foot-long piece of wreckage (above) that *appears to be a piece of a wing.

American authorities have concluded that the object came from a Boeing 777, The New York Times reported. Flight 370 is the only plane of that kind known to be missing, making it likely that a piece of the mystery plane has finally been found.

The piece “was covered in shells, so one would say it had been in the water a long time,” said a witness.

2AF5D7B500000578-3487042-image-a-4_1457682750656.jpg

Debris #3 Luggage

Flight MH370: Suitcase Washes Up Next To Plane Wing Debris, 'Location... Consistent With Drift Analysis' Jul 31, 2015 02:39 AM EDT

The piece of suitcase was found hours after the wing piece washed up on Reunion Island; workers initially dismissed this possible link to Flight MH370.
Workers have found a suitcase on Reunion Island, where a piece of plane wing debris that could be from Flight MH370 washed up earlier this week. Until the suitcase washed up, the wing debris is the only trace of the flight that has been missing since March 8, 2014, as HNGN previously reported.

The suitcase was discovered near the same spot where the wing debris washed ashore. The suitcase was a small, wheeled design that was secured with a padlock. It has been taken into evidence by police, according to the Mirror.

Officials are investigating whether the tattered suitcase belonged to one of the 239 passengers and crew members who were aboard the plane, which is believed to have crashed into the Indian Ocean.

"The piece of suitcase was here yesterday, but no one really paid attention to it," Johnny Begue, a member of the beach cleaning team said. "It makes me shudder."

"The location [of the debris] is consistent with the drift analysis provided to the Malaysian investigation team," Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Thursday, according to the New York Post.

Suitcase washes up near site of possible MH370 wreckage - By Yaron Steinbuch - July 30, 2015 | 8:25am - The remains of the suitcase found near the area where a 6-foot-long piece of plane wreckage was discovered.

A suitcase washed up on a small island off Africa’s east coast near the site where a sea-crusted wing part was discovered — items that increasingly appear to be linked to long-missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

Cleaning team member Johnny Begue found the wheeled and padlocked luggage on a beach on the French Indian Ocean island of *Reunion, Mirror Online reported.

“The piece of suitcase was here yesterday but no one really paid any attention to it,” Begue told Le Parisien. “You can see how a zip from the suitcase is still attached to a piece of rigid fabric — it’s just surreal, it makes me shudder.”

The badly-tattered suitcase was initially ignored by workers cleaning the beach, until they realized how significant the item may be. (Photo : Twitter/Business Insider)
attachment.php

Bunch of photos in the article.
Flaperon article
MH370 search: Does debris solve the mystery? 6 August 2015

attachment.php

It looks great to me.
I'm thinking it would be like a media thread used in some of the other cases. Since the edit option is only for a few hours, each new item would be entered as a new post. Some of the debris found may be entered out of order but it will be close enough. Hopefully, it will be approved shortly.

If not, maybe the mods can suggest a way for us to proceed.

It looks great to me.
I'm thinking it would be like a media thread used in some of the other cases. Since the edit option is only for a few hours, each new item would be entered as a new post. Some of the debris found may be entered out of order but it will be close enough. Hopefully, it will be approved shortly.

I'm hoping we can enter it in order. You won't believe the work I did today, I have a bunch of stuff; basically our replies quoted. To sort back thru it, I'll paste it in then hit preview and can edit that way. I'll see if I can send you some of it tomorrow. I'm not sure it will all fit in one. These were the easy ones lol

Glad you like it; hope its approved by morning.

I made a new thread, thankfully I copied everything to notepad because for some reason it needs mod approval before it posts. Here is what it contains, let me know what you think. Hopefully it won't take long to get approved.

Thread name - Debris Found Relating To MH 370

Possible debris #1 that I don't think they were able to confirm it was from the plane. IMO it's a pretty good coincidence.
Is this proof that MH370 crashed off the coast of Australia? Towelette with Malaysia Airlines logo washes up on Western Australia beach - By John Carney for Daily Mail Australia and Heather Mcnab for Daily Mail Australia - Published: 17:25 EST, 9 March 2015 - Updated: 10:44 EST, 10 March 2015

- The package washed up on a Cervantes beach in Western Australia
- It has now been sent to Canberra for further testing and verification
- Experts think a package this small could travel these long distances
- It comes just days after the one year anniversary of the disappearance
- MH370 disappeared with all 239 people on board on March 8, 2014
- Relatives of the passengers gathered to mourn and demand answers
Nine News reports that the small pre-moistened paper towel that was in a Malaysia Airlines sealed packet has been sent to Canberra for further testing and verification after being found hundreds of kilometres away by a couple walking along a beach in Cervantes in July.

The couple who discovered the packet said it was ‘unopened, which was very unusual’."

attachment.php

attachment.php

Packet was found July 2014, 4 months after MH370 went down, on a Cervantes beach in Western Australia. I really hope Blaine has gone there to see if more has washed up; I'll be shocked if this packet is not from MH370. The packet has always been in my mind as being debris so I wanted to make sure it was included as #1.

It looks great to me.

We have 2 other threads, one Malaysia Airlines 370 *MEDIA LINKS ONLY* and Malaysia Airlines 370 *MAPS & TIMELINE REFERENCE ONLY* but neither is right for what we want/ need to do with tracking the debris because we want/ need it specific to the debris. Bessie, Tricia's right hand is out due to her hub having esophageal cancer, so the mods are pretty busy trying to help out all over.

Moderators of this Forum - bessie, Coldpizza, OkieGranny, Tricia, beach

Posts #1458 & #1459 are where we 1st started figuring out what's been found. Do we include pics of debris that turned out not to be from MH370?

* in the quote below if you click on the small black box that has 2 white arrows, it will take you directly to the post that's being quoted. Not sure how many people know that.

Not from MH370
2nd piece found at La Reunion Island by the same person that found the 1st piece.
Ccw0sWYW0AAxACw.jpg

So was all the luggage found ever confirmed to be part of MH370? I remember seeing pics a couple months ago of an Angry Birds bag, but nothing was confirmed.

I was really interested to see this yesterday. It re-sparked my interest in all those bloody lithium batteries!!!

Samsung is recalling all of its new Galaxy Note7 smartphones following at least 35 incidents of battery explosions or fires around the globe.
http://www.eweek.com/mobile/samsung-halts-sales-of-note7-phones-in-recall-for-battery-problems.html

Thanks, I sent it to my son; wasn't sure if he'd bought it yet. Thankfully he hadn't.

Debris thread still isn't showing :(

Just popping in to see if anything new has been found.
What's this I hear about the plane exploding?
I bet it was the large amount of lithium batteries that were in the cargo hold.

JMO

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/mozambique-shows-three-new-pieces-of-suspected-mh370-debris/3102268.html

I read this morning 3 more pieces of debris found for some reason it I not letting me link the usual way.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why your link didn't work.
I did find some other links that mention the three new pieces that were actually found last month. I think this news was released after the Mozambigue authorities looked over the debris which has now been sent to Malaysia for further examination.

The largest triangle shaped piece was the one found by the hotelier as previously reported. It is just being held upside down from the previous pictures. I am saying this, but it doesn't look to be mangled at all. Maybe only the metal side showed the damage.

The other two smaller pieces (not pictured) were found on Xai Xai beach by the son of an European Union diplomat. Looking at a map, Xai Xai is further south from Linga Linga maybe 150 miles or so - just around the bend.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...pieces-of-suspected-mh370-debris/3102268.html

http://www.africanews.com/2016/09/0...-airline-mh370-shown-by-mozambique-officials/

Last night the channel TLC (I'm in the US) had a one-hour documentary called Brace for Impact about how Capt. Sulley landed the plane in the Hudson River Jan. 15, 2009. There is a copy on You tube; not sure if it's the whole documentary

[video=youtube;mmPZyWl4wjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPZyWl4wjY[/video]

With the Brace for Impact you tube video, the plane starts to come down at 22:23 / 42:33

This gives us an idea of how planes would have to land in order to be intact. With Sulley's plane, the whole under belly had damage. Wiki also has audio and video files US Airways Flight 1549

I'm only able to attach one video to a reply, I found another video -

[video=youtube;v6s7ODq3cOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6s7ODq3cOM[/video]

If you go to 8:50 / 43:02 they show a1996 Ethiopian plane Boeing 767 that did a cartwheel landing in the Indian Ocean. At 18:26 / 43:02, Sulley's plane is going in.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why your link didn't work.
I did find some other links that mention the three new pieces that were actually found last month. I think this news was released after the Mozambigue authorities looked over the debris which has now been sent to Malaysia for further examination.

The largest triangle shaped piece was the one found by the hotelier as previously reported. It is just being held upside down from the previous pictures. I am saying this, but it doesn't look to be mangled at all. Maybe only the metal side showed the damage.

The other two smaller pieces (not pictured) were found on Xai Xai beach by the son of an European Union diplomat. Looking at a map, Xai Xai is further south from Linga Linga maybe 150 miles or so - just around the bend.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...pieces-of-suspected-mh370-debris/3102268.html

http://www.africanews.com/2016/09/0...-airline-mh370-shown-by-mozambique-officials/

I have to take my grandson to the dentist. Will try to get back here later to read more. I won't be surprised if they find more parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en