Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The captain of Malaysia Airlines airplane MH370 planned to migrate to Australia with his wife before the ill-fated flight vanished with 239 people aboard, relatives have revealed.

The Australian reports Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah wanted to retire at age 60 in Geelong, Victoria, where his daughter Aishah was working.
'He [Zaharie] wanted to migrate to Australia. He even asked his daughter to buy a house there and gave her money to do it. The moment he dis*appeared, that plan ended,' the pilot's brother-in-law Asuad Khan Mustafa told the paper."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nned-retire-Australia-died.html#ixzz4JcjlG21S

Weekly Update - Sept 7 2016

The Fugro Equator arrived back in port for visit and supplies and was expected to depart this day (Thursday).
The only other ship Dong Hai Jiu 101 is still in port but doing trials, waiting on weather to improve.

Weather is not a factor since both ships are in port but it is still poor.

There is also a long write up on the search methods and strategy used in the search with a link to MH370:Sonar Contacts which describes how the sonar finds from the towfish are classified with some examples.

Another link says it takes the Fugro Equator six days to reach the search area from the port city Fremantle which is near Perth Australia.
There probably won't be any news from the search for another week at the least.
Maybe they could use the towfish while they are traveling? They could just happen to cross the crash site.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2015/mh370-sonar-contacts.aspx

http://www.fugro.com/mh370/search-team/andreas

September 7, 2016
Last week, New York Magazine author Jeff Wise corrected the story on his personal blog post, saying it now appeared more *likely the information was from “two or possible three separate flights” and not one single flight plot to the southern Indian Ocean.

Retired Malaysia Airlines chief pilot Nik Huzlan, a friend and contemporary of Captain Zaharie, said he was not particularly convinced by the simulator theory, given that in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001, *attacks “every pilot with a flight simulator programmed in New York and tried to crash into the twin towers”. “You don’t get a flight simulator to do the mundane things you can do in the real thing,” he said.

MH370 pilot’s friendship with mystery woman revealed
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...d/news-story/1e5d5b18a3a87e4765830c311f1e87ac

September 8, 2016
Airlines (Qantas) issue warning after handset gets wedged in a seat and starts a fire

British Airways and Cathay Pacific have also made similar notices recently

Qantas now announce passengers should ask staff to help find phones

3811264400000578-0-image-a-86_1473345192311.jpg

http://www.airplanenews.net/shouldn...warning-handset-gets-wedged-seat-starts-fire/

September 7, 2016
Last week, New York Magazine author Jeff Wise corrected the story on his personal blog post, saying it now appeared more *likely the information was from “two or possible three separate flights” and not one single flight plot to the southern Indian Ocean.

Retired Malaysia Airlines chief pilot Nik Huzlan, a friend and contemporary of Captain Zaharie, said he was not particularly convinced by the simulator theory, given that in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001, *attacks “every pilot with a flight simulator programmed in New York and tried to crash into the twin towers”. “You don’t get a flight simulator to do the mundane things you can do in the real thing,” he said.

MH370 pilot’s friendship with mystery woman revealed
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...d/news-story/1e5d5b18a3a87e4765830c311f1e87ac

You've reached a subscriber-only article. I was able to find it. Sounds like the captain was playing grandpa to her kids.
Google cache - MH370 pilot’s friendship with mystery woman revealed

The pilot of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had grown close to a married woman and her three children, one of whom has severe cerebral palsy, in the months before his disappearance and the two had messaged each other about a “personal matter” two days before the ill-fated flight on March 8, 2014.

The friendship, which quickly developed to a level where Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was playing an almost fatherly role to the children, had cooled in the weeks leading up to the accident at his instigation, the woman has told The Australian. But Fatima Pardi would not reveal the subject of their last WhatsApp discussion before the flight.

“That last conversation was just between me and him. I don’t want to talk about it,” she said.

She added that Captain Zaharie had not seemed stressed.

“I’m afraid what I say will be misunderstood,” she said. “It was a personal matter, a private issue.”

Jeff Wise main aviation blog

MH370 Flight Simulator Claim Unravels Under Inspection – August 31, 2016

New York: MH370 Pilot Flew a Suicide Route on His Home Simulator Closely Matching Final Flight July 22, 2016

Blaine is on morning TV here today. Saying he has found 13 pieces of wreckage so far. Feels the search area needs to be expanded. Malaysia has not picked up (some? all?) pieces of debris that he has found. If Malaysia doesn't do it, he thinks Australia should take over the investigation.

Blaine is on morning TV here today. Saying he has found 13 pieces of wreckage so far. Feels the search area needs to be expanded. Malaysia has not picked up (some? all?) pieces of debris that he has found. If Malaysia doesn't do it, he thinks Australia should take over the investigation.

HEADS UP!
Apparently Blaine has been busy.
I assume this meeting was yesterday.
The video attached to the article has Blaine pointing out burnt and melted areas of one piece he found on Madagascar shores.
First I have heard about any burnt debris. I wonder if he talked about burnt pieces of debris when you saw him on TV?
Can't get ahead of myself because this debris has not been confirmed to be from MH370, but my mind is racing.

American wreckage hunter Blaine Gibson attended the meeting at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau headquarters with the relatives from Malaysia, China, Australia and Indonesia and handed over to investigators five pieces of potential debris that he found on beaches in Madagascar. Two of the pieces were burnt, which could indicate a disastrous fire on board, he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...e-possible-debris-found/ar-AAiPkqC?li=BBnb7Kz

. I still don't think a fire is possible again unless it was set my the pilot. Why would jet fly so long then suddenly catch fire? All too wierd.

. I still don't think a fire is possible again unless it was set my the pilot. Why would jet fly so long then suddenly catch fire? All too wierd.

Sailor Kate said she saw the plane on fire, so I'm not surprised he's found debris that show there was a fire.

HEADS UP!
The video attached to the article has Blaine pointing out burnt and melted areas of one piece he found on Madagascar shores.
First I have heard about any burnt debris. I wonder if he talked about burnt pieces of debris when you saw him on TV?
Can't get ahead of myself because this debris has not been confirmed to be from MH370, but my mind is racing.

American wreckage hunter Blaine Gibson attended the meeting at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau headquarters with the relatives from Malaysia, China, Australia and Indonesia and handed over to investigators five pieces of potential debris that he found on beaches in Madagascar. Two of the pieces were burnt, which could indicate a disastrous fire on board, he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...e-possible-debris-found/ar-AAiPkqC?li=BBnb7Kz

MH370 search: New debris in Madagascar includes 'burnt parts' - 12 September 2016
Five new pieces of debris that could belong to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been found in Madagascar.

Two fragments appear to show burn marks, which if confirmed would be the first time such marks have been found.

Mr Gibson says it is unclear if alleged burn marks were caused by fire before or after the crash
attachment.php

Marks apparently caused by fire are seen on a piece of debris
attachment.php

The most significant finding, according to Mr Gibson, is of the two alleged burnt pieces, recovered near Sainte Luce, in south-eastern Madagascar.

It is unclear, however, if the apparent burn marks were caused by fire prior to the crash or as a result of burning afterwards, he said.

Another of the pieces of debris found near Saint Luce believed to be from the MH370 flight
attachment.php

A piece found on Antsiraka beach that is thought to be from the plane's cabin
attachment.php

A fragment of panel discovered on Reake beach
attachment.php

Another small piece was found in the same area and two others in the north-eastern beaches of Antsiraka and Riake, where debris had already been found.

All five fragments have the "honeycomb" material found in other MH370 debris.

It's far too early to say whether Blaine Gibson's latest finds are significant or not.

They may not be from MH370. Even if they are, the apparent fire damage may have happened long after the aircraft came down - the debris could have been used on a beach bonfire.

But if the experts do eventually conclude that some of the debris comes from the plane and that there was a fire on board, they'll be our best clue yet to the fate of the flight.

An on-board fire makes the pilot suicide theory less likely, although not impossible of course.

Everyone dearly wants the underwater search to be successful. But if it's not - and they plan to stop looking in December - these small pieces of the aircraft washing up on remote beaches will be the only chance experts have of working out what happened.

Yet the only person looking for them is a self-funded, amateur American enthusiast.

That's why families of those on board tell me they want more effort put into searching beaches thousands of miles from where it's thought the aircraft came down.

'Burnt' Debris Can Suggest MH370 Plane Suffered Fire Damage: Report - World | Press Trust of India | Updated: September 14, 2016 19:25 IST
Kuala Lumpur: Newly found debris, suspected to be that of Malaysian Airlines MH370 has burn marks, suggesting that a fire broke out on the plane before it vanished mysteriously over the Indian Ocean in 2014, according to media reports.

The five pieces of the debris discovered by American independent investigator Blaine Gibson were handed over to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) in Canberra on
Monday, over two-and-a-half years after the plane carrying 239 people, including five Indians, disappeared.

The ATSB has previously analysed several pieces of debris and concluded that four of them were "almost certainly" from the missing plane.

Blaine Gibson, has previously found other pieces of the debris of the Boeing 777 that were confirmed to be from MH370, the Guardian reported.

"If they are confirmed as MH370 and if the fire was before the crash, this is significant evidence of what caused the plane's demise," Blaine Gibson said.

Blaine Gibson, whose private search is self-funded, described the items as shattered composite panels with hexagonal honeycombing inside. Both had evidence of blackened singeing and burning to off-white paint on both sides.

He said he believed the parts were likely to be from an internal section of the plane, such as the cabin or cargo area, rather than a structural piece involved in flying, such as the wing.

Attachments

• _91158678_mh370_1.jpg
    _91158678_mh370_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 155
  • _91159091_921e84ef-87bc-4cb5-a145-bbf16a8e5bd5.jpg
    _91159091_921e84ef-87bc-4cb5-a145-bbf16a8e5bd5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 148
  • _91159093_775909ad-cebb-4482-85de-10ba65cbaba2.jpg
    _91159093_775909ad-cebb-4482-85de-10ba65cbaba2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 149
  • _91159096_846375b8-2df8-47e3-a87a-82f033dd7cc7.jpg
    _91159096_846375b8-2df8-47e3-a87a-82f033dd7cc7.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 151
  • _91159649_65d8e3b0-ce69-4662-87b5-8e44eeada1a2.jpg
    _91159649_65d8e3b0-ce69-4662-87b5-8e44eeada1a2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 151
MH370 search: New debris in Madagascar includes 'burnt parts' - 12 September 2016

Mr Gibson says it is unclear if alleged burn marks were caused by fire before or after the crash
attachment.php

Marks apparently caused by fire are seen on a piece of debris
attachment.php

Another of the pieces of debris found near Saint Luce believed to be from the MH370 flight
attachment.php

A piece found on Antsiraka beach that is thought to be from the plane's cabin
attachment.php

A fragment of panel discovered on Reake beach
attachment.php

'Burnt' Debris Can Suggest MH370 Plane Suffered Fire Damage: Report - World | Press Trust of India | Updated: September 14, 2016 19:25 IST

Great job finding this new article and posting all the pictures!
The piece Blaine is holding and the second picture seem to be the same debris just turned around. The lighting of the picture may play a part but the edges and the coloring pattern look to be alike. If it is, then there is another piece we haven't seen yet.

Latest news in from Australia.

A piece of large metal debris found off Tanzania has been confirmed to be part of MH370.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) made the announcement this evening, after examining the outboard flap at its facilities in Canberra.

In its findings, the ATSB said “a date stamp associated with one of the part numbers indicated manufacture on 23 January 2002, which was consistent with the 31 May 2002 delivery day for 9M-MRO.”

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...from-malaysian-flight-370#LLJt1cDz8X4SEWi5.99

Great job finding this new article and posting all the pictures!
The piece Blaine is holding and the second picture seem to be the same debris just turned around. The lighting of the picture may play a part but the edges and the coloring pattern look to be alike. If it is, then there is another piece we haven't seen yet.

Thanks, I did a google search hoping there was an article with photos.

It really blows my mind that there has been no debris or oil field seen to date, yet here Blaine is finding parts. I still think that the possible debris that were seen with Tomnod had sunk when they finally got there to investigate.

So it looks like we have another inside piece. If the interior pieces found are from the same part of the plane, it sounds like it could have broken apart.

I wonder how many pieces MH370 is in and if any of the plane shattered apart when it hit the water.

Latest news in from Australia.

A piece of large metal debris found off Tanzania has been confirmed to be part of MH370.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) made the announcement this evening, after examining the outboard flap at its facilities in Canberra.

In its findings, the ATSB said “a date stamp associated with one of the part numbers indicated manufacture on 23 January 2002, which was consistent with the 31 May 2002 delivery day for 9M-MRO.”

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...from-malaysian-flight-370#LLJt1cDz8X4SEWi5.99

Thanks for providing linking this information.
It is now also acknowledged on the ATSB site as the 5th identified debris belonging to MH370.

This document (Update 3) is a brief summary of the outcomes from the identification of the item, designated as Part number 5. It follows the identification of Part numbers 1 through 4, the outcomes of which were released by the ATSB in Updates 1 and 2, available on the ATSB website.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2014/aair/ae-2014-054/

Thanks, I did a google search hoping there was an article with photos.

It really blows my mind that there has been no debris or oil field seen to date, yet here Blaine is finding parts. I still think that the possible debris that were seen with Tomnod had sunk when they finally got there to investigate.

So it looks like we have another inside piece. If the interior pieces found are from the same part of the plane, it sounds like it could have broken apart.

I wonder how many pieces MH370 is in and if any of the plane shattered apart when it hit the water.

Yes, I also wonder how many pieces the plane is in.
From the amount of debris that has been found so far, it would appear that the plane exploded before impact or as it hit the water. I know (from watching the Hudson River documentary) that water landings have to be pretty precise or the plane will break apart.

HEADS UP!

Here is Blaine's segment on one of our morning TV shows this week. Hopefully the link works outside Australia.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/32590865/mh370-mystery-clue-discovered/#page1

Blaine was left his mother's house when she passed on, at the time MH370 was lost, so he sold the house and is using that money to fund his search for MH370.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en