Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's possible someone's name was listed on a "no fly list" and as such they needed a fake identity.

But they used a passport reported stolen to Interpol... is the no fly list that effective there?
I think I would use a FRESH stolen passport that wouldn't have been reported yet.

Not wanting it to lead back to associates or family makes more sense to me, definitely.

There are probably hundreds of stolen passports, eventually other delicts have a higher priority for Interpol?

Sorry I didn't save it, but I did read an article that said not all airlines check the list of stolen passports from Interpol. Apparently, it is not like those get added to the no-fly list (which is notoriously buggy and hard to use as it is)

#PrayForMH370 Live Updates: The first 30 hours, a roundup.

(snip)
Several Twitter users retweeted a picture of an English translation of what could resemble a message that air traffic control in Beijing could have sent to flight MH370.
“MH370, this is air traffic controller hoping of seeing you, if you can hear us please maintain current altitude and fly direct to destination. We have got you approval for direct, other airlines will try to avoid your routing. We are happy to give you priority to land. Weather enroute is good and Beijing temperature is 5 deg Celcius, a little bit cold. When landed please wear your winter coat and remember to hug your loved one on arrival. They love you so much. Good day.”
“Brought tears to my eyes,” wrote @SeanLim97 of the message.

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/mh370_sean_lim_twitter_09032014_zps1c2ebc3c.png.html][/URL]

via http://my.news.yahoo.com/missing-flight-mh370-morning-230100110.html

After reading this, I am in tears. :praying: for those who are on-board, and everyone who is awaiting news. This is absolutely heartbreaking for all involved.

I, too, was surprised there have been no reports of texts/phone messages from passengers on the plane...

:waitasec:

If it's a repeat of something like Lockerbie, the plane would have plummeted down fast in a fireball. No time but to maybe hug the person you're sitting next to, sadly. Have any other eye witnesses come forward?

But they used a passport reported stolen to Interpol... is the no fly list that effective there?
I think I would use a FRESH stolen passport that wouldn't have been reported yet.

Not wanting it to lead back to associates or family makes more sense to me, definitely.

You make a great point.

<respectfully snipped>

Yes, Thailand is well known for fake ID's.
If you were going to hijack a plane and crash it into the ocean...
WHY would you need a different identity to do it?

I don't know that the fake passports mean much... :waitasec:

(Only reason I can think of is so that your identity didn't lead back to anyone else?)

Someone whose name is already on a "watch list" for terrorism? The irony, however, is if someone at the airport had checked these passports, one would have come up on the Interpol list and said person would not have been able to board the plane. Could the impostor(s) be aware nothing would be checked?

Still curious where the two impostors were seated on the plane....

Sad thing now is, families of these impostor(s) will never know what happened to their loved ones. No formal confirmation they were aboard the plane and no way of collecting any monetary damages should this NOT be an act of terrorism by them.

:(

Anyone know if Malaysia Airlines has assigned seating?
(Like Delta does and South West does not.)

Why would it be set up to allow a transponder to be shutoff, stupid. imo

Not sure why this can happen, but seems I remember this happening on at least one of the planes on 9/11.

Just woke up and rushed to check on flight 370. They still haven't' found it? (unless the oil slicks are where the crash occurred). Stolen passports from 2 countries or is it just one? If two, two stolen passports on one flight seems to suggest there was some sort of terrorism and a lot of planning to pull that off.

Me too Plumy, I just got home from doing off-site adoptions (great day, by the way) and rushed to check on the fate of the flight, hoping for a glimmer of good news.

New info is not good; they've found a couple of oil slicks from the air craft and stolen passports being bandied about all will nilly, apparently.

Just adding.

Home video of the pilot is heart wrenching to hear. His helper in the video, may be his wife?

If this is terrorism, how can a human being board a plane, seeing all the innocent lives he is going to destroy? I just can't wrap my head around that kind of evil.

They hate us, simple as that. They despise us. Nothing we can ever do will change that.

Anyone know if Malaysia Airlines has assigned seating?
(Like Delta does and South West does not.)

Wish someone would report on this, or if they have, I've missed it. Just curious is all, if they were seated together, or one closer to the cockpit, etc.

:dunno:

They hate us, simple as that. They despise us. Nothing we can ever do will change that.

I don't want this to turn into a religious debate, which has often happened here on WS (and which is rightly frowned upon). But terrorists don't always operate because they hate certain people. They do what they do because they believe it's the right thing to do in their own mind for whatever cause they're fighting for.

I believe, in all honesty, that they are indifferent towards the people whose lives are lost - their eyes are on a larger goal.

Wish someone would report on this, or if they have, I've missed it. Just curious is all, if they were seated together, or one closer to the cockpit, etc.

:dunno:

Panthera, it does seem like seating can be chosen ahead of time. From the Malaysia Airline website:

Preferred seat selection, now available on all flights

Flying Economy Class? For greater convenience and comfort especially on long-haul flights, choose your Favourite Spot before you fly.

It&#8217;s easy to do too - just select the seat that best suits you in advance when you book your flight online, for only a nominal fee. That means you can enjoy your journey even before you fly, knowing that the ideal seat is waiting for you.

As an option, you can still select your seat for free 48 hours before departure with web check-in. Favourite Spot is applicable for online bookings only.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/book-and-plan/favourite_spot.html

You make a great point.

I read about this in a book about an Aussie criminal who fled to India and lived there among the criminal element for years. He was directly involved in the fake passport business and I seem to recall that they use the stolen passports to make completely new ones with the person's identity. I don't recall the details, though. It was a popular book several years ago. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about :blushing:

Eta: googled it. The book is Shantaram. I highly recommend it, btw.

Thanks for posting those Plumy. Those poor souls. Plane crashes are just horrifying to me, almost morbidly so. I need to know every detail about every crash. I used to fly at least once a week and my obsession got even worse, go figure! Once again Snoods revealing maybe a bit too much personal life lol.

So sad. I am sure all those souls are lost. I've been woken in the middle of the night by Mr Z arriving safe home from his flight at last. I couldn't help but think of all those people out there at this moment, still waiting for their loved ones to come home. But they are not going to walk through the door and kiss them on the cheek. :(

I think a youtube may surface soon, imo, if this is a terrorist attack. If it is, it was two years in the planning and there must be people out there right now, knowing what has happened, who did it, and why. Sitting there with that knowledge, while relatives of the missing go through torment. Whatever cause they may be espousing, I'll never support it.

I've seen speculation this could be an attack related to China's support of the Russian stance on Ukraine, but that doesn't make sense at all with something maybe planned two years ago, to me.

I've seen speculation this could be an attack related to China's support of the Russian stance on Ukraine, but that doesn't make sense at all with something maybe planned two years ago, to me.

If you're referring to timing of the passport theft, I doubt the passports were stolen for this particular purpose. jmo

Has anyone seen this? This would make four stolen passports! All their tickets were bought through the same Chinese site.

Authorities have yet to confirm the identities of two more European passengers on flight MH370, adding to two others using stolen passports in the Malaysia Airlines plane which vanished over the Malaysia-Vietnam maritime border yesterday.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/two-more-e...ect-identities-onboard-missing-005206266.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan