Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My jaw dropped as I was learning about them Now, why the media does not find this tidbit of fact - lets go with= "interesting" "worthy of exploring" is ev en more scary

The media needs to move forward a few posts ago there was one that said something like every country checked everyone in the plane and all is well.

Did not want to make post to big 4 days after the plane VANISHED they were awarded a patent on the technology

I have no confusion any more working on chips to make a airplane disappear kinda raps most of it on this end!!

DUCK!

Cariis, I've been posting these links and articles in the last several threads for about a week now, but you know...at this point, I'm just trusting that our government knows, and knows a lot more than we do about this and any other weird 'coincidences' concerning passengers on the flight, recent patents, etc. I mean, we're just hobbyists--they're the pros getting paid to dig deeper.

BTW there was also an IBM guy on the plane. In this day and age (and in that part of the world) I suppose it's not going to be so irregular finding high tech guys as a certain percentage of passengers on an airplane.

But yeah, the Osama bin Laden thing is icky. :eek:

I just meant the US should take over the investigation, I was generalizing and I make no sense when I do that. My bad my heads spinning.:scared:

If the US gets too involved, it could look like they are trying to cover up for Boeing, especially if it's something like a pilot suicide. It's a shame there isn't an international independent investigation team that can take over.

Malaysian gov't has a financial stake in Malaysian airlines. There's a reason in the US, the airline companies. are not the investigators.

There have been other cases when the US was asked to take over.
Sometimes we just go in and help, other times we are asked to take over.
I think that even Malaysia would admit they are kind of screwing this up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-find-missing-passenger-jet-article-1.1720770

I agree, but until Malaysia says take over the investigation. We should keep on assisting. I can't even begin to imagine how many people or countries would be thrilled if we just took over. If only to call us bullies, and such. In my opinion I just think we are good assisting.

I do think it's being screwed up by Malaysia, but til they ask.

:twocents:

I agree, but until Malaysia says take over the investigation. We should keep on assisting. I can't even begin to imagine how many people or countries would be thrilled if we just took over. If only to call us bullies, and such. In my opinion I just think we are good assisting.

I do think it's being screwed up by Malaysia, but til they ask.

:twocents:

I agree! For better or worse, Malaysia is fronting this investigation. The US is wise to stay behind the scenes at the moment. I don't believe there is any great conspiracy going on.

If the US gets too involved, it could look like they are trying to cover up for Boeing, especially if it's something like a pilot suicide. It's a shame there isn't an international independent investigation team that can take over.

Malaysian gov't has a financial stake in Malaysian airlines. There's a reason in the US, the airline companies. are not the investigators.

BBM, this would be wonderful. I certainly hope one is created in light of this tragedy.

Do you think it is realistic for someone to retain all data from a simulator for the duration that they own it? Can you imagine the volume of data a flight simulator must create?!
It would be interesting to see when data was deleted and how often data was deleted in the past.

My dh said he doesn't keep all flight sim info (quoted below)
"hell no, I don't have enough room on my computer, they come up with something new frequently, I delete all the time!" There is "not really" alot of data that a flight sim. it just creates - you make a flight plan and that's all you do . . . you get tired of it and create a new flight plan. There is a log book that says 'you flew this plane for so many hours VFR and IFR - just a log book of my flight hours so I can brag to whoever . . . 'I have X amt of hours of flight simulator and no one cares'.

Usually he goes to a website it shows all the flight routes and types it into the 'FMC'. (pm me if you want the website info). You can pick any flight and it shows you a little map with info to type into the "flight management computer".

He deletes approximately once a month. He has a book for the 777 flight sim professional pilots notes.

ITA.
I don't find anything suspicious/nefarious about the pilot deleting files/logs. Why keep logs from previous simulations? It's just going to take up unnecessary space and slow everything down.

This post is probably going to be out of place since I'm in the process of catching up!

I don't know. I need to know of how the FS' work. Is it just simply a hard drive?

The FBI has extensive experience investigating airplane crashes, including those of TWA 800 and EgyptAir 990 off the US east coast in the 1990s and Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland.

In the case of EgyptAir 990, the FBI helped air safety investigators establish that the crash was caused by a suicidal co-pilot, while in the case of Pan Am 103, the agency worked with British and US intelligence to build a case against the government of Libya.

Australia is leading the search in the southern part of the southern corridor, with assistance from the US Navy.

It has shrunk its search field based on satellite tracking data and analysis of weather and currents, but it still covers an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 sq miles), roughly the size of Spain and Portugal.

"The search for MH370 involves diplomatic, technical and logistical challenges," he told the news conference, held in a Kuala Lumpur airport hotel

US agencies have looked for evidence that anyone other than the pilots knew how disable ACARS but have found nothing.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/world/...s-Malaysia-plane-search-falters/shdaily.shtml

Why would they not respond? I am baffled.

"However, Malaysia has not yet responded to offers of assistance from the Oceanographic Institute of the U.S., whose experience in submarine crawls helped locate the wreckage of Air France flight 447 that crashed in the Atlantic in 2009."

http://www.examiner.com/article/fbi...tion-are-malaysian-officials-hiding-the-truth

Yeah, then they get annoyed because Thailand saw something on their radar and never volunteered it to them unless they asked.

No wonder why? Malaysia apparently does not need assistance. :facepalm:

I have to disagree, sorry. I think it should be released! Are news networks trying to get more ratings?

Is there a security risk to release the information?

There are 229 people on that plane and it's lost. If they know something, they should say it now, IMO.

It s probably AUS/US. As was discussed extensively yesterday, Malaysia has requested information from Pine Gap and JORN. AUS/US declined to give them the information as our/your facility is top secret. They probably would have given them a location and information without letting them see what Pine Gap and JORN are actually capable of.

“When something like this happens that confounds us, we’re offended by it, and we’re scared by it,”

“We had the illusion of control and it’s just been shown to us that oh, folks, you know what? A really big airliner can just vanish. And nobody wants to hear that.”

Andrew Thomas, the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Transportation Security, is that airline systems are not as sophisticated as many people might think. A case in point, he said, is that airports and airplanes around the world use antiquated radar tracking technology, first developed in the 1950s, rather than modern GPS systems.

The next-generation technology would cost $70 to $80 billion in the U.S.”

liability issues will be a huge headache for courts. With no wreckage, it would be difficult to determine whether the airline, manufacturers or other parties should bear the brunt of responsibility.

“We know there’s a chance that we may never find out what happened. Which is a little scary, isn’t it?”

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20140319/NEWS02/140319178

I just caught something about a new search area. Something to do with India??? It will be on CNN right after the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat