Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I'm fearing too :(

It's important to note that an object around 80 feet in length is pretty large -much more that a full ship's container which is around 56 feet . . . so it is certainly something out of the ordinary.

I could believe they might survive a ditching... some of them.
But there is no way they've survived after 12 days. :twocents:

IMO it would be almost impossible for anyone to survive in this area. The Southern Ocean is known for Iceburgs at all times of year - although it isn't too far South, it would still be cold and rough in the area.

Southern Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tony Bullimore was rescued in a nearby area in 1997 but he had some shelter from his upturned yacht.

Tony Bullimore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing I may have missed, do we know how many hours of flying time this might be from take off?

It's important to note that an object around 80 feet in length is pretty large -much more that a full ship's container which is around 56 feet . . . so it is certainly something out of the ordinary.

thanks Forensics, I'll keep hope!

Sky news UK reports Malaysian press conference is likely to be at 5:30 pm Malaysian time just over 3 hours and 15 minutes exactly from this post. I will post any updates about this.

:eek:fftobed: I'm not waiting that long. I'll have CNN on in the background whilst I drift off to sleep. :seeya:

that's pretty impressive the wingspan of the aircraft was 200 feet overall and the length was something like 199 feet.....iirc

You all have been wonderfull as usual. I learned stuff, pondered stuff and felt stuff. Just had bizairre thought I wonder if the Amelia story ran on the front page for days and days.

Now the battle, do I want to eat the Lunesta now, and crash, knowing nothing more than upon waking up.
I am confident you all relate to this – then it is like ugh I’ll go to sleep and the moment will happen. I really would like to do it live

And then I am telling myself , its gonna be dark there you will probably be back up before anything happens...

How many of you are feeling this way?

Still have not decided…….

Busy air traffic in Perth today - The Stones are just about to fly out.

Time for me to go walk the puppy... she's telling me she's ready to go play with the other dogs down the dog park now...

This is her cuddled up close to me as we approached this cat down the street we call "Grey Cat" - whom she's terrified of... hahahaha!

Off topic

Thanks for posting this I love pics of cats as you can see from my own cat Winston in my avatar. What is your puppy's name?

You all have been wonderfull as usual. I learned stuff, pondered stuff and felt stuff. Just had bizairre thought I wonder if the Amelia story ran on the front page for days and days.

Now the battle, do I want to eat the Lunesta now, and crash, knowing nothing more than upon waking up.
I am confident you all relate to this – then it is like ugh I’ll go to sleep and the moment will happen. I really would like to do it live

And then I am telling myself , its gonna be dark there you will probably be back up before anything happens...

I think the time difference makes it take about 16 hours to get to us.
Thats why we watch the same news for 2 days!

The flight to Beijing was supposed to be 2,692 miles.

http://www.travelmath.com/flying-distance/from/Kuala+Lumpur,+Malaysia/to/Beijing,+China

The flight DIRECTLY to Perth Australia would have been 2,586 miles.

http://www.travelmath.com/flying-time/from/Kuala+Lumpur,+Malaysia/to/Perth,+

The debris are another 1,500 miles past Perth, Australia.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

Plus you add in the distance they flew before they turned... it's well past 4,000 miles.
If I'm not mistaken that would take it beyond the fuel that they had.
But it would have gotten then close enough to drift there. :twocents:

Troy McCullough ‏@TroyWSJ 2m

“I don’t want to hear any more": Somber disbelief among relatives of passengers on #MH370 over latest developments. http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 7m

#Australia's Australian Defence Minister warns #MH370 operation "logistical nightmare...It probably doesn't get more isolated."

What this is based on -- but for some reason I felt like if some debris was ever located it would be much more north?

Oh its the same time there as here!

6:28 PM
Sunset in Perth WA, Australia

This incident has captured my heart and my imagination....I have been sleep deprived and have had a rough time settling down to sleep without saying lots of prayers for the family. I have toothpick propped my eyes to watch the news conferences straight from Malaysia and have been crestfallen when the Defence Minister daily reveals nothing.

WAVE000.GIF

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Sky News just reported on this saying that the P8 is getting radar hits underneath the water:

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 1h

Crew on @USNavy P-8 spotter tell @WrightUps "significant radar returns" coming from site where possible #MH370 objects spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member