Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's time to go make some very strong wake up :coffeecup:

Following up with the new comments on the fuel. I had raised that question prior as felt it was a key piece of info needed. The answer was that no one really knew - enough to get to Beijing with a little extra. What kind of answer is that in this type of situation??

Thought it was another thing Malaysia was either lack on record keeping or another secretive piece of info they were keeping! So two weeks later the discussion is maybe the plane had a full tank which indicates the plans were to go further than the flight log said. It truly feels we get the "real information" every 4-5 days!! Why or what is Malaysia hiding?

I must have missed any discussion on this, but why can't submarines go down looking for the plane?

good morning all

I agree, and I have stayed away from posting about the family...let investigators look into it and I will wait to hear verified information...

Good morning! Yes, very wise not to get too carried away with suspects.

To me, this incident feels 75% likely to be intentional, 25% some odd accident.

There's no solid evidence yet to implicate the pilots, Iranian stolen passport holders, Uighur passengers, other passengers, or a combination of any.

As for the pilot's mysterious phone call, not only could it have been a mistress, but the original article mentioned another possibility:

Political activists in Malaysia sometimes use SIM cards bought with bogus identity cards if they fear that their phones may be bugged by the country’s authoritarian ruling party.

If so, perhaps it was a suspicious call to launch a violent action, but it just as easily could have been an innocent call to arrange a peaceful protest or meeting in response to the Anwar verdict.

On Sunday, the Malaysian government denied recent U.S. media reports that the flight was pre-programmed to turn around before it vanished from radar. Those reports, citing unnamed U.S. officials, said the plane’s last transmission made through its ACARS system at 1:07 a.m. indicated the aircraft had already been pre-programmed to make a U-turn, and had cast suspicion on the two pilots.

This was not true, Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement. “The last ACARS transmission, sent at 1:07 a.m., showed nothing unusual,” it said. “The 1:07 transmission showed a normal routing all the way to Beijing.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b92692-b258-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

If debris from the airliner is found, complex and uncertain mathematical modeling will have to be employed to track back and find out where the plane might have come down, and naval vessels equipped with sonar technology will have to sweep the area, listening for beeps from the black box.

Then, it will be a case of searching the deep ocean floor, roughly two miles beneath the surface, with undersea drones to look for the main wreckage.

many many ...many lol.....years ago I read a book called Out of Iran..it was about a woman growing up in the Shahs time then what happened when the Ayatollahs came and her escape...

About 20 yrs ago, I took a class and became friends with a woman from Iran. She and her husband fled Iran and settled in our area, with their two young sons. We formed a small study group, and I spent quite a bit of time with her, went to her apartment to study, etc. She was clearly Westernized - wore jeans, didn't cover her head - and was very angry about what was happening in Iran. She talked about attacks and bombs/shooting in the middle of the night - and how she would grab her little brother and put her body over his to protect him. It is something that was still waking her up at night.

She once asked me to proof one of her papers for another class. She had written that her school had been "shot down". The teacher marked through it in red ink and told her the correct phrase is "shut down", assuming it was a mistake of someone learning proper English and confusing two similarly sounding words. I asked her which word she meant - and she described her school being there one day and gone the next. It had indeed been "shot down".

I do not suspect the Iranian passengers, as I believe they were desperately trying to start a new life elsewhere.

Whoever is behind this (if not the pilots) would be more cautious and professional about obtaining passports, etc.

About 20 yrs ago, I took a class and became friends with a woman from Iran. She and her husband fled Iran and settled in our area, with their two young sons. We formed a small study group, and I spent quite a bit of time with her, went to her apartment to study, etc. She was clearly Westernized - wore jeans, didn't cover her head - and was very angry about what was happening in Iran. She talked about attacks and bombs/shooting in the middle of the night - and how she would grab her little brother and put her body over his to protect him. It is something that woke her up at night.

She once asked me to proof one of her papers for another class. She had written that her school had been "shot down". The teacher marked through it in red ink and told her the correct phrase is "shut down", assuming it was a mistake of someone learning proper English and confusing two similarly sounding words. I asked her which word she meant - and she described her school being there one day and gone the next. It had indeed been "shot down".

I do not suspect the Iranian passengers, as I believe they were desperately trying to start a new life elsewhere.

Whoever is behind this (if not the pilots) would be more cautious and professional about obtaining passports, etc.

Rbbm.

OT, but I must respond to your wonderful post and imo, poignant line about the teacher marking the word shot in red ink.
I understand now why red ink could make a scary visual statement to those vulnerable.

http://time.com/31960/school-bans-teachers-from-using-red-ink-because-its-too-mean/

Following up with the new comments on the fuel. I had raised that question prior as felt it was a key piece of info needed. The answer was that no one really knew - enough to get to Beijing with a little extra. What kind of answer is that in this type of situation??

Thought it was another thing Malaysia was either lack on record keeping or another secretive piece of info they were keeping! So two weeks later the discussion is maybe the plane had a full tank which indicates the plans were to go further than the flight log said. It truly feels we get the "real information" every 4-5 days!! Why or what is Malaysia hiding?

I must have missed any discussion on this, but why can't submarines go down looking for the plane?

Also jumping in here having possibly missed earlier discussion on this, so not sure if its already been raised.

Everyone is working off the assumption that they took on board a calculated load of fuel that would get them from KL to Bejing with Reserves.

The reality is, fuel calculations are the responsibility of the pilot and as such, he would have had authority to ask for however much fuel he required.

He would have done his weight and balance calculations for the flight long before even walking out to the flightline or on board the aircraft. This would also include his fuel loading calculations, which when combined with the Zero Fuel Weight of the aircraft, must fall in within a range that does not exceed the Maximum Takeoff Weight and Maximum Flying Weight of the aircraft and keeps thee centre of gravity calculations happy as well.

Unless the plane was fully loaded with every seat booked and a compliement of passengers who were taking advantage of every last gram of the 20KG check in weight limit, and carry on weights and limits were being abused as well, I dare say he would have had plenty of room left to bring on the extra fuel if he wanted it... and that jet would have had the range to make it to the other side of the world.

The first anyone would have known about it would be at the end of the month when the people who handle the fuel bills possibly picked up n it

I am so confused and definitely need more coffee. Just re-reading and trying to make some sense of anything.

“The fact that both the transponders and Acars [automated air-ground reporting system] were shut off before the plane changed course is proof that whatever happened there wasn’t the result of technical malfunction,” added Lieutenant-Colonel (reserve) Ramot, a former combat pilot with the Israeli Air Force and commercial pilot for El Al. Lt-Col Ramot flew the Boeing 777-200ER, the same model as the Malaysian Airways MH370 flight that has been missing for almost two weeks, along with 239 passengers and crew members.

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-new...e-pilot-says-malaysia-jet-did-not-malfunction

This almost seems like the work of high tech. pranksters," The Italian Job" type manipulation of traffic lights scene comes to mind.jmo.

"The mystery of MH370 owes much to the abrupt nature of its “disappearance”.

Nearly one hour into its flight, both its automated signalling systems ceased to function and the plane dropped off civilian radar.

The immediate assumption was of a catastrophic event that plunged the plane into the South China Sea before any distress call could be made.

But sketchy satellite and military radar showed that, in fact, the aircraft had veered sharply off course, backtracked across the Malaysian peninsula, and then flown on — possibly for hours — in a northerly or southerly direction."

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/588255...fuels-aviation-security-rethink#ixzz2wnFvqEjf
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

@ToutCa

Respectfully snipped;
To me, this incident feels 75% likely to be intentional, 25% some odd accident.

I agree, only I'd even go as far to say that the "incident" is 90% intentional and 10% possibly due to a mechanical/electrical failure (including depressurization).

Despite sounding like a broken record, I'll say it again... unless one can invent an explosion that would take out some but not all communications and power systems and yet still leave the aircraft in a flyable state (for 6-7 hours!), I don't see how this could be attributed to a fire or depressurization.

Now, as far as whose intention it was to redirect this plane... not so clear. If this was a situation of pilot-suicide -- while I understand that only 2/3 of those who complete a suicide actually leave a note -- there would still be some indicators of this, such as those closest to the person stating/recognizing that behavioral changes were present -- while perhaps not recognized for what they were until now.

We have heard nothing (at least not yet) of any indicators, whether spoken or observed, by those closest to either of the pilots (comments such as, "I won't be here long", "It doesn't matter, it will all be over soon", "When I'm gone..." or giving away any of their personal possessions...) which, in my view, would be odd considering that this type of suicide would have required significant planning.

However, with that said, a factor that could change my mind on the pilot-suicide theory is if it came to light that either pilot had significant financial issues and had -- or recently took out -- a substantial life insurance policy. Because the insurance company would not pay the claim if it was determined to be a suicide, in that case, cutting all communications from the cockpit and flying out into the great expanse of the Indian ocean begins to make sense.

Perhaps someone can weigh in on whether or not the Malaysian government, if they had this type of information, would publicly disclose it at this point or hold off until locating the plane? Sorry for the rambling thoughts - like everyone else, I'm just trying to make sense of the nonsensical.

@ToutCa

Respectfully snipped;

I agree, only I'd even go as far to say that the "incident" is 90% intentional and 10% possibly due to a mechanical/electrical failure (including depressurization).

Despite sounding like a broken record, I'll say it again... unless one can invent an explosion that would take out some but not all communications and power systems and yet still leave the aircraft in a flyable state (for 6-7 hours!), I don't see how this could be attributed to a fire or depressurization.

Now, as far as whose intention it was to redirect this plane... not so clear. If this was a situation of pilot-suicide -- while I understand that only 2/3 of those who complete a suicide actually leave a note -- there would still be some indicators of this, such as those closest to the person stating/recognizing that behavioral changes were present -- while perhaps not recognized for what they were until now.

We have heard nothing (at least not yet) of any indicators, whether spoken or observed, by those closest to either of the pilots (comments such as, "I won't be here long", "It doesn't matter, it will all be over soon", "When I'm gone..." or giving away any of their personal possessions...) which, in my view, would be odd considering that this type of suicide would have required significant planning.

However, with that said, a factor that could change my mind on the pilot-suicide theory is if it came to light that either pilot had significant financial issues and had -- or recently took out -- a substantial life insurance policy. Because the insurance company would not pay the claim if it was determined to be a suicide, in that case, cutting all communications from the cockpit and flying out into the great expanse of the Indian ocean begins to make sense.

Perhaps someone can weigh in on whether or not the Malaysian government, if they had this type of information, would publicly disclose it at this point or hold off until locating the plane? Sorry for the rambling thoughts - like everyone else, I'm just trying to make sense of the nonsensical.

Good morning and I, completely, agree with the above.
As for the Malaysian gov disclosing the info about any possible motive for suicide...i say zero to none. Especially now. :moo:

This looks promising...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/2...ge-also-shows-possible-malaysian-plane-debris
"Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said there was "increasing hope" of a breakthrough in the hunt for the plane on the strength of Chinese and Australian satellite images of possible large debris in the southern search area.

The French Foreign Ministry said radar echoes from a satellite put the new debris finding about 2,300 km (1,430 miles) from Perth, without giving a direction or a date.

The debris in the Australian image was about 2,500 km southwest of Perth and the Chinese sighting, captured two days later, was around 120 km (75 miles) "south by west" of that.

"These elements have immediately been passed on to the Malaysian authorities," the ministry said in a statement. "France had decided to mobilise complementary satellite means to continue the search in the identified zone".

IMO there is a chance Malaysia is lying to everyone regarding having "confirmed" that last communciation "all right, good night" is from the co-pilot.

From the rest of co-pilot's communicaitons, it's clear he woudl have said "copy that," showing ATC that he understood their instructions to contact Hu Chi Minh City. He would not have just said "all right, good night."

IMO.

Maybe the hijackers got into the cockpit before this last communicaiton. Then ATC contacted them to tell them to contact Hu Chi Minh, the hijacker didn't think to say "copy that," he just said "all right, good night." He said "good night" b/c the ATC guy said "good night."

Co-pilot would have definately included "copy that" in his last communicaiton.

No, no, no Malaysia is lyng re: last communication and whose voice it is.

JMO.

I have never had a pilot say "copy that" to ATC.
I've listened to numerous ATC recordings in the last 2 weeks, and I haven't heard that be said.
Then I read the transcript of the last ATC conversation with MH370 and everything looked pretty typical of an ATC conversation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think someone else entered the cockpit too and that it was someone else who was communicating with the tower in the last communications.
..I was wondering about something though. Do we know why the pilot's wife and family left, or what the story is on that?

The pilot's family left to go their second home. I don't find that odd at all. For all we know, the family left for this second home every time Shah went on a flight.

He said the near full tank of fuel with 117, 00 liters instead of the 45 per cent required to fly to Beijing, was an indicator it was not an accident

HOLY CR%P I just looked it up 45,220 U.S. gal 171,170 L

The flight is like 3000 miles

A pilot that was coming back would get in so much trouble from his chief pilot for doing that $$$ that just changes the game totally.

It’s not like he was rookie -- that’s not a little boo boo (the onbaord flight system figures it out for them)

and has implications about someone in the cockpit, knowing full well, in advance, that tonight’s flight was going to be a dash longer than our schedule indicates --

Its not even close

and we have to remember it had fuel form the last segment (which would be kind of like right ---50,000 reserve still in tanks from last reserve figures)

What I am trying to say is someone in the cockpit had the aircraft filled up

City pairs requiring a" fill her to the brim"!

London - Los Angeles
Tokyo - Sydney
Chicago - Seoul

A person sticking fuel in airline tanks Is not going to challenge flight crew. If one of the crew knew what was up, they are not going to be concerned about what the head office might say in a month!

They aren’t coming back!

All a member of the flight crew would say to the loader is: put X gallons on were heavy tonight, expect headwinds; whatever........ no-one is challenging a flight crew member

That is huge - IMO implications are enormous

Really not good news at all.....................
http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_200product.page

I do remember you asking about the fuel for some time

The reality is, fuel calculations are the responsibility of the pilot and as such, he would have had authority to ask for however much fuel he required.

I dare say he would have had plenty of room left to bring on the extra fuel if he wanted it...

There's no evidence so far the pilot took on more than the usual allotment of fuel:

1). Investigators publicly stated the fuel onboard was 16,120 gallons (normal).
2). ACARS data transmission at 1:07am would surely have revealed anomalies (engine thrust too high, other signs of extra weight from too much fuel).
3). Investigators did NOT wait for the end of the month, but have reviewed all service records at the airport and interviewed all who serviced the plane. If extra fuel went onboard, they would have found out long ago.
4). Extra fuel or no, satellite pings show the plane flew continuously no more than 7-8.5 hours before stopping. It didn't need extra fuel to do that.

It didn't fly to the other side of the planet on that March 8 flight.

Also jumping in here having possibly missed earlier discussion on this, so not sure if its already been raised.

Everyone is working off the assumption that they took on board a calculated load of fuel that would get them from KL to Bejing with Reserves.

He would have done his weight and balance calculations for the flight long before even walking out to the flightline or on board the aircraft. This would also include his fuel loading calculations, which when combined with the Zero Fuel Weight of the aircraft, must fall in within a range that does not exceed the Maximum Takeoff Weight and Maximum Flying Weight of the aircraft and keeps thee centre of gravity calculations happy as well.

Unless the plane was fully loaded with every seat booked and a compliement of passengers who were taking advantage of every last gram of the 20KG check in weight limit, and carry on weights and limits were being abused as well, I dare say he would have had plenty of room left to bring on the extra fuel if he wanted it... and that jet would have had the range to make it to the other side of the world.

The first anyone would have known about it would be at the end of the month when the people who handle the fuel bills possibly picked up n it

Who declares the amount of commercial goods on a commercial flight? ie: lithium batteries

Perhaps they did not have any cargo on MH370, even though they said to whoever there was?

With the amount of fuel that it had (apparently more than what was needed), how far could the plane have actually flown before running out?

ETA: just read the plane had the right amount of fuel.

Malaysia is diverting the focus away from their screw up IMO! There were 20 people from one company; yet everyone but the pilot /copilot checks out? I say bull$hit!!!!

Someone held something to one of their heads; or had a bomb. They turned before good night hoping it would get caught; they turned off tracking hoping military would see... Does everyone realize how many people failed the plane that night? Then they got a 4 day lead!

On Sunday, the Malaysian government denied recent U.S. media reports that the flight was pre-programmed to turn around before it vanished from radar. Those reports, citing unnamed U.S. officials, said the plane’s last transmission made through its ACARS system at 1:07 a.m. indicated the aircraft had already been pre-programmed to make a U-turn, and had cast suspicion on the two pilots.

This was not true, Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement. “The last ACARS transmission, sent at 1:07 a.m., showed nothing unusual,” it said. “The 1:07 transmission showed a normal routing all the way to Beijing.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b92692-b258-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

If debris from the airliner is found, complex and uncertain mathematical modeling will have to be employed to track back and find out where the plane might have come down, and naval vessels equipped with sonar technology will have to sweep the area, listening for beeps from the black box.

Then, it will be a case of searching the deep ocean floor, roughly two miles beneath the surface, with undersea drones to look for the main wreckage.

Malaysia knows if the plane turned before "all right good night"... Pretty sure I read it did but am not sure if I linked it in one of the media posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay