Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'No accident'
AN aviation expert is certain what happened to MH370 wasn’t an accident — and the evidence pointed to the plane’s crew being involved.
Neil Hansford, chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, said: “I think it’s been put there either by one of the crew or both, and they’ve picked an area where the aircraft won’t be found.
“This was a crew-related incident. It wasn’t a catastrophic explosion. It wasn’t hit by military ordnance.”
He said the near full tank of fuel with 117,00 litres instead of the 45 per cent required to fly to Beijing, was an indicator it was not an accident.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ers-and-crew-out/story-fni0cx4q-1226861706507
Thank you for the quote. I Googled Neil Hansford and another site seems to suggest this "almost full" fuel level is speculation, not verified fact (emphasis mine):

"Mr Hansford pointed to the amount of fuel likely on board the Boeing 777-200, at nearly full capacity with 31,000 gallons instead of the 45 per cent loading required to pilot a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, as being a strong indicator that MH370's disappearance was not accidental."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pilot-intervention-search-debris-resumes.html

Could it have had a full tank? Maybe. But I have seen supposedly verified accounts to the contrary, in my previous link.

I still don't find it suss that the two Iranian passengers paid $10,000 for the stolen passports. If that is true. The $10,000 could have been for a 'travel package' of sorts, including paying the people smuggler for their help and inside info. In Australia, the issue of people smuggling is often in the news. We hear about asylum seekers paying around that figure for passage to Australia, usually by boat. They aren't always from poor backgrounds and may have family members helping to pay their way. People sell property and assets to start life again in a new country. At this stage I see them as innocent passengers.

Me too.

Have you read "Home and Away" by John Marsden? It really REALLY made me realise that if I had to seek asylum I would pay any price to keep my family safe. I see the Iranian passengers in the same way as I see people desperately trying to get to Australia in boats. They're looking for a better life. I would be too.

Ets it's a picture book. My older child brought it home from school in year 5. But so worth reading. I think it hits adults harder than it hits kids.

Thank you for the quote. I Googled Neil Hansford and another site seems to suggest this "almost full" fuel level is speculation, not verified fact (emphasis mine):

"Mr Hansford pointed to the amount of fuel likely on board the Boeing 777-200, at nearly full capacity with 31,000 gallons instead of the 45 per cent loading required to pilot a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, as being a strong indicator that MH370's disappearance was not accidental."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pilot-intervention-search-debris-resumes.html

Could it have had a full tank? Maybe. But I have seen supposedly verified accounts to the contrary, in my previous link.

Thanks for that. It illustrates the huge problem in trying to come to grips with this terrible tragedy - very hard to sort out fact from opinion, and sometimes even misinformation. We seem to take one step forward then two steps backward. I really hope the search in the southern Indian Ocean is fruitful for the sake of the families and friends of all those involved.

As much as I would like the Malaysian authorities to hold their usual press conference, I am slightly relieved that the dulcet voice of Hishammuddin Hussein will NOT be the last thing I hear before going to sleep tonight. I've gotten so used to hearing his voice every night, and similarly accustomed to the expected frustration that comes as he reads through his statement and avoids answering questions. So many nights of him painstaking listing every single asset that has been deployed in this search. This naturally makes my brain associate his voice with emotions of frustration and depression. So maybe my sleep will improve tonight.

Nine News Australia reporting that a French satellite has also spotted potential plane debris.

LATEST PRESS STATEMENT https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ministry-of-Transport-Malaysia/178566888854999

MH370 PRESS STATEMENT

BY MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, MALAYSIA

SUNDAY, 23 MARCH 2014, 5:30PM

1. Search and rescue operational update

a. The search and rescue operation remains an international effort, co-ordinated by Malaysia. A number of countries are leading in their respective search areas and all countries involved are displaying unprecedented levels of co-operation.

b. This morning, Malaysia received new satellite images from the French authorities showing potential objects in the vicinity of the southern corridor. Malaysia immediately relayed these images to the Australian rescue co-ordination centre.

<modsnip>

3. Update on ACARS transmission

a. The last ACARS transmission, sent at 1.07am, showed nothing unusual. The 1.07am transmission showed a normal routing all the way to Beijing.

-ENDS-

latest.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-plane-mh370-live-increasing-3273893

The latest satellite images mean Australia, China and France have now all picked up images that show objects in the southern corridor.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-plane-mh370-live-increasing-3273893#ixzz2wmImdNYV
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

146fs495919.gif

Hopefully it's just a matter of time before a pic from the French satellite makes its way to the press...

RR and/or Boeing probably do know more than they are saying, but for security reasons, they are keeping a lot of stuff hush-hush. Same with MA and the Malaysian government and law enforcement.

They aren't obligated to tell the public everything they knew. They have to preserve the investigation as much as they can.

JMO

Totally agree. The problem with the modern media is that they don't seem to have any boundaries and rather than the old "in the public interest" approach that used to be taken, it's the "what are the public interested in" that drives them - and those are two totally different things. We don't need to know all the details - we want to, but when it comes down to it, we aren't going to find the plane sp we don't need to know. And we can see very clearly in this event how the media jumping on any information, from any source, is adding massively to the confusion.

I think that half the problem the Malay government are having is that they are trying to appease this massive media interest by revealing things too soon, before it's been properly investigated by experts, and then having to recant; or they're trying to address the wild speculation created online and by the media who are dragging in anyone who so much as looked at a commercial aircraft and almost bludgeoning them into making up a theory.

Here is an interesting article that discusses (and dismisses) various scenarios regarding MH370 and then comes up with a theory that the pilots conspired to take the plane and passengers hostage in order to force the Malaysian Government to set aside the conviction of PKR opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.

The article is very detailed in its analysis.

Read more: http://sofrep.com/34084/alright-goodnight-malaysia-want-know-happened-flight-mh-370/#ixzz2wmFVZF9X

thanks Forensics, interesting read...

Could be. My question (hopefully stated better) is I thought that the plane had beacons that would immediately transmit a signal if they came into contact with sea water but no transmission was emitted. Is there a reason that is plausible as to why the beacons have not transmitted any signals? Maybe it is a distance thing with the transmitters only reaching so far?

The beacons they're referring to are (I think) the black box ones. Those are quite short range and on Sky yesterday they were saying you would need to be within a couple of kilometres to pick them up. I presume this is something to do with extending the battery life, which is 30 days.

Me too.

Have you read "Home and Away" by John Marsden? It really REALLY made me realise that if I had to seek asylum I would pay any price to keep my family safe. I see the Iranian passengers in the same way as I see people desperately trying to get to Australia in boats. They're looking for a better life. I would be too.

Ets it's a picture book. My older child brought it home from school in year 5. But so worth reading. I think it hits adults harder than it hits kids.

I haven't read the book. Sounds interesting. I agree with you though, people coming here by boat are desperate and only want a better life for themselves and their family. I can't blame them. The way they are treated by Australia is disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho