Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
once again we have breaking news on CNN...they're saying that after the sharp left turn, the plane dropped 12,000 feet, and this information is a game changer ?

Old news - The pilot knew they would be off radar at that altitude.

Captain of the ship and his family broke apart shortly before this flight. Captain of the ship had problems with Malaysian government decisions seven (7) hours before boarding the ship...

Perhaps the one trying to impersonate Luigi, as the other one would need a totally different photo (his own?) than the real one. Actually surprised that this stolen passport racket couldn't find one from Europe that wasn't from a 61 year old man.

MOO

Could this show how much more lax everything is in Malaysia?

Has nothing to do with Malaysian gov't. They are embarrassed right now with the hiring process of Airline Captains...JMO

I have an OT question: what does it mean to subscribe to this topic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been around WS for over five years and I've been meaning to ask the same question. lol!
Hopefully, the answer is coming up as I continue to read the thread.

It will notify you to any updates to any of the threads. Not just this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So their are instances of the auto-pilot malfunctioning in the 777. Can't remember where the other video was, but there was an instance of the auto-pilot disengaging when bumped and the plane making a rapid descent.

Investigators believe the autopilot switched modes when the captain accidentally leaned against the yoke while turning to speak to the flight engineer, who was sitting behind and to the right of him. The slight forward pressure on the stick would have caused the aircraft to enter a slow descent, maintained by the CWS system.[25]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Flight_401"]Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It would explain some of what happened, however, what doesn't quite fit in is manually disengaging the transponder, ACARS and the change of direction.

MOO

It seems like ages ago now but early on it was speculated that a crack in the fuselage could explain both decompression and loss of communication. Something in the dark recesses of my mind tells that this theory was dismissed as not applying to the 777-200er though. I could be wrong and it may be worth investigating again.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/missing-m...warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html

The US airline safety regulator warned last year of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a Boeing 777’s satellite antenna, issuing a worldwide alert for the flaw to be fixed as it could lead to decompression that would leave occupants unconscious.

A structural failure related to the flaw could not only have led to a slow decompression that left the 239 passengers and crew on the missing flight unconscious, it would also have disabled satellite communications, including the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits data of the plane’s location automatically.

It would also have rendered the plane invisible to all but 'primary radar', which has a range of only 100 nautical miles.

Old news - The pilot knew they would be off radar at that altitude.

Captain of the ship and his family broke apart shortly before this flight. Captain of the ship had problems with Malaysian government decisions seven (7) hours before boarding the ship...

The captain and his wife are not separated. It's bad wording by media.
The wife went to stay with her son at their second home. She's been spoken to already and said that she stays there whenever her husband flies.

I have been scolded already talking about the pilots of this aircraft. We are to assume that everyone on that flight is a victim. I spent time in Singapore while in oilfield business and only flew Singapore Airlines. IMO, after studying the Captain of this aircraft, well...

The captain and his wife are not separated. It's bad wording by media.
The wife went to stay with her son at their second home. She's been spoken to already and said that she stays there whenever her husband flies.

Do you have a link? :seeya:

I am not buying any more crap about protecting how good their sattelite systems are.
Show us the clearest pictures you got of that debris and until you do, I still say they could be clouds OR dolphins/whales feeding on schools of fish.

Ok so we are all cooperating with one another (countries) so to me in order to do that you need to be sharing stuff

now all these high govt officials would be able to look at neighbors sat image asn know that they got with SARGIUFHSL sat. Whatever

NOW how many of us , if they released a clear picture (dont even tell the public which nation it si) we would know oh thats china 5454 1542 sat

locted at lat long what is the public going to do knowing whose sat it is
I really do the second china "find" to me looked just like the first one

It seems like ages ago now but early on it was speculated that a crack in the fuselage could explain both decompression and loss of communication. Something in the dark recesses of my mind tells that this theory was dismissed as not applying to the 777-200er though. I could be wrong and it may be worth investigating again.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/missing-m...warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html

The US airline safety regulator warned last year of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a Boeing 777’s satellite antenna, issuing a worldwide alert for the flaw to be fixed as it could lead to decompression that would leave occupants unconscious.

A structural failure related to the flaw could not only have led to a slow decompression that left the 239 passengers and crew on the missing flight unconscious, it would also have disabled satellite communications, including the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits data of the plane’s location automatically.

It would also have rendered the plane invisible to all but 'primary radar', which has a range of only 100 nautical miles.

I could almost entertain this theory but then why not try to fly to nearest airport for emergency landing. If the plane did in fact fly for 8 hours then they had plenty of time to fly to nearest airport for emergency landing.

Every theory I try to entertain comes back to either hijacking or pilot(s) doing something nefarious on purpose.

Has nothing to do with Malaysian gov't. They are embarrassed right now with the hiring process of Airline Captains...JMO

Captain Zaharie Shah had worked for Malaysia Airlines since 1981. It's not as though they hired him a week before this happened.

Is it *confirmed* that the tracking mechanisms were manually disengaged/it flew for many hours after? It's being asserted as fact, and it points far away from more typical situations being brought up like hypoxia, fire, suicide, etc.

But the story keeps on changing. Has a named government source said this is true? It's a likely conclusion based on some of the data, obviously, but the data keeps changing.

It just seems like we're trying to reconcile 2 totally different situations. If it's fact that the pilot was doing things deliberately, it really rules out a lot of options. If it's only a possibility, even a strong one, we can keep debating way more scenarios. People who are going with those scenarios keep being told it doesn't explain a lot of things, but we have to know whether these things actually have to be factored in.

ETA: Is it possible they really don't have much clearer satellite photos? We are obviously capable of taking great aerial photos of Pakistan etc., but do we spend a lot of time perfecting our capabilities to photograph the Indian Ocean? There's just not much to spy on there or be worried about. Plus, even if we take a lot of photos of the Ocean, try and keep in mind how incredibly vast it is. If they're combing through zoomed in shots trying to pick up on anything weird, it wouldn't surprise me that it's blurry. It's not like this is a spot they regularly zoom in on for good shots like they might do in areas where they expect weapons are being built etc. They have so many miles of ocean that looks exactly the same.

Exactly. It seems they try to base the altitude assumptions they are making based on Radar. However, what happened to the news story about it going to 45000 feet and then as low as 5000 feet and now today CNN is harping about going to 12000 feet after the turn.

I cant put too much weight into any of it because of how they keep changing their stories.

And regarding the satellite images I have yet to see a clear image. I am not buying any more crap about protecting how good their sattelite systems are.
Show us the clearest pictures you got of that debris and until you do, I still say they could be clouds OR dolphins/whales feeding on schools of fish.

No matter what the scenerio, I just dont see the plane being that far south and think they are making a huge mistake putting all the resources into chasing blurry satellite images.

When they ask the experts doing the searching, they keep saying they are going where they are told. Who in the heck is ordering all these resources to the southern location where all we have is 3 blurry images that could be anything.

And another thing that really has been bothering me. OK, so they spot a wooden pallet. Why in the heck did they not drop a marker boyey so they could find it the next day. The very next day we hear they cant find the wooden pallet now. WTH?

I am beginning to think the imcompetancy is across the board. And I dont think these satellite images are going to turn out to be anything worth chasing. They seriously need some planes that can refuel in mid-air and they seriously need to break up the searching to the theories much more closer to where that last turn was.

When I saw that "Breaking News" and CNN anchors came on at midnight about the Australian sighting.....followed by big hoop-la press conference by the Aussies - I was like, well this must be it, there is no way they would make this big deal unless they were absolutely sure.

Then one day passes, two days pass, three days pass.......then come to find out that at the moment the Aussies were making the press conference, they had no idea exactly where those objects were at that moment. The images were from, what, a WEEK prior??

Then we have Chinese officials claiming similar sighting in around the same area.

Now France.

Why don't we just tell them all - WE'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN WE SEE IT.

I think it means you get an e-mail for every new post after you subscribe to a thread. Not sure, but I think so.

I think it means you will get a email for every post on the thread you subscribe to.

So at the end of a day I'd have 500 plus new emails? No thanks. :waitasec: :razz: :eek: :doorhide: :pullhair: :help: :viking:

Look, I found this :worldmap: we can refer to.

Captain Zaharie Shah had worked for Malaysia Airlines since 1981. It's not as though they hired him a week before this happened.

Peoples views can change. Almost every person that ever committed suicide did not have those views all their life. Something changed in the person's life to want to throw it all away.

Just because he was with the airlines for X number of years does not mean that something may have changed in his life to cause him to view things differently and get into a state of despair.

I have a lot of different theories I am entertaining and I am not saying I particularly think this is what happened. Just pointing out that it doesnt mean anything to me that he worked for the airlines for X number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily