Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM ~ I don't think the 777 is designed to land on water. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :seeya:
Neither is the Airbus A320-214, but Sully managed to do it...so never say never. They did say a large plane that had run out of fuel could drift to a landing instead of a nosedive crash into the water.

I really think that the countries involved have released grainy (the Chinese one looks deliberately pixelated) satellite pictures because they don't want anyone else to know just how good their spy satellites are.

During the searches in the first week, not that many were involved. Now everyone is rushing (and sending more days later) because they want to go down in history as the one who found it. I think they have had some kind of indication that there is a high probability this is it. As someone said in the last thread, these satellites can read the brand of your tea bag from many kilometres away. There are unclassified pics out there, I'm sure of it ... and I think they show something more than a grainy white blob.

I agree, or rather, I hope so. I'm reserving my right to change my mind at anytime. ;)

And, it's the Lt. General again...

BREAKING: Lt. Gen. McInerney Says #MH370 Is In Pakistan – ‘I Got A Source That Confirmed It Yesterday.’ http://shar.es/BnNz1 #tcot

Retired Lt. General Thomas McInerney was on America’s News HQ today to once again discuss his theory that missing flight MH370 flew to Pakistan.

McInerney and LIGNET Intel Group still believe the plane flew to Pakistan.

Langley Intelligence Group Intel Group released a second report Friday on the missing plane.

As the search for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 drags on without a trace of wreckage at sea, the likelihood of foul play looms larger. One country keeps rising to the top of the list of suspects: Pakistan.

Ten days after the flight vanished, LIGNET learned that engineers at Boeing, the plane’s manufacturer, believed the missing aircraft was on the ground in Pakistan. For several reasons, including al-Qaeda’s presence there, historical attack patterns, corruption, weakness and terrorist sympathies at the highest levels inside Pakistan, that hunch may be right.

Lt. Gen. McInerney discussed why the plane flew to Pakistan.

“LIGNET put out a report, substantiated yesterday, that there [sic] sources got their information from Boeing sources, which is covert. Not that they got their information from the Boeing Company because they’re involved in the investigation, that the airplane was in Pakistan. That was confirmed by LIGNET on Monday and I got another source at LIGNET that confirmed it yesterday… I do believe that those people in Pakistan, in the ISI, those people who knew where Osama Bin Laden was and didn’t tell us. I believe those same elements could be involved with getting that airplane into a Pakistan air force base.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-at-lignet-that-confirmed-it-yesterday-video/

Social media twitter accounts are considered rumor. If your post disappears it is because the link you provided is not MSM.

BBM ~ I don't think the 777 is designed to land on water. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :seeya:

Although it's usually considered a last resort and highly unlikely...

Water landings are extremely difficult to maneuver but not entirely impossible. Previous instances of ditching a plane in water include a Boeing 737-300 of Indonesian Airline ditching successfully in a river on 16th January 2002, and the infamous U.S. Airways jet liner ditching in the Hudson River in 2009.

If the pilot executes the ditching maneuver safely, he can avoid airplane disintegration to a great extent, which increases the time the aircraft can remain afloat. A Boeing 777 is entirely capable of ditching successfully in water (if properly maneuvered by the pilots) and would stay afloat just long enough for the passengers to disembark via the 8 slide rafts integrated into the 777 for such circumstances.
More at link on landing on water

http://www.decodedscience.com/fligh...ght-mh-370-boeing-777-200er-pilot-ditch-water

First of all......Pray for the 239 people

I Ponder these days ..................... WHY?

~ WHY do Automobiles have On-Star GPS Tracking device and Planes do not?

~ WHY can Professional company find my car faster this way than they can find a Plane?

~ WHY is it I can find my cell phone via GPS Tracking, but we can not find a Plane?...respectfully snipped for space...

This is NOT a Political debate on the things happening right now -- This POST is just for you to throw out ideas of what new ways (ideas) Planes might be able to be updated to help in something like this.

What ideas do you have??

B1-01-june.gif

It's a terrible tragedy, to be sure, and leaves us all with unanswered "Why's".

Right now, mine are: Why are we so sure fuzzy photos of one or two pieces of floating trash 1500 miles off Australia are debris from the plane?

Why doesn't anyone seem to be searching the northern arc area in any intense way?

But I wanted to take a stab at a couple of your "Why's" as well.

Most of your questions were about why it's so hard to track an airliner, when we can track cars, phones, and pets with GPS. The simple answer is that we do not yet have the ability to do so. It's much harder to track an object 35,000 feet in the air moving at 550mph than it is to track stuff moving at a snail's pace on the surface. While the technology to track planes is coming, it's still far in the future:

The Federal Aviation Administration wants to transition to a next-generation air traffic control system that uses satellites to keep tabs on planes. It's called, appropriately, Next Gen... Next Gen itself is still years away. And even if we had it now, the FAA is mainly concerned with domestic airspace. Malaysia Airlines would not have been covered. Someday, however, a worldwide version of Next Gen might prevent any future Flight 370s.

On your other questions:

--Fluorescent paint wouldn't be that helpful in finding accident planes. If one is deep underwater, sonar and radar are far more useful in tracking down the accident site than the human eye.

--The GPS feature on cell phones only works if supported by WiFi or cell towers. MH-370 had no WiFi and likely was never in range of any tower.

--People like your idea on making a floating digital black box that would detach from the plane on impact in a crash. For the past 10 years, Congress has pushed to develop and require such black boxes on planes, but the bills have been voted down. No one wants to pay for it, I guess?

Neither is the Airbus A320-214, but Sully managed to do it...so never say never. They did say a large plane that had run out of fuel could drift to a landing instead of a nosedive crash into the water.

I read yesterday that if the 777 ran out of fuel, that b/c of the way it's designed it would turn and not enter the ocean 'flat' so to speak. One engine would stop first, and that would cause a drop to one side of the plane, causing a turn. It's not like it would just plummet straight down, in other words.

And, it's the Lt. General again...

BREAKING: Lt. Gen. McInerney Says #MH370 Is In Pakistan – ‘I Got A Source That Confirmed It Yesterday.’ http://shar.es/BnNz1 #tcot

Well, his source did NOT confirm the plane was in Pakistan.

His source only confirmed that unnamed "Boeing engineers" think it is.
And how would they know?

To review, McInerney initially claimed Boeing said the plane was in Pakistan.
Boeing issued a public statement flatly denying his claim.
Now, he has backtracked to say an unnamed number of "Boeing engineers" think it's in Pakistan.

There's still no solid evidence of where the plane actually is, and that breaks my heart.

Malaysia Airlines: Last 54 minutes of Flight MH370

The Telegraph obtains transcript of exchanges between co-pilot and air traffic control.

"The Daily Telegraph has repeatedly asked Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia’s Civil Aviation Authority and the office of Najib Razak, the Malaysian prime minister, to confirm the communications record; only the prime minister’s office responded, saying it would not release this data."

Source: http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Malaysia+Airlines+Last+minutes+Flight+MH370/9650396/story.html

Dr John Blaxland, a senior fellow from Australian National University (ANU) said in a telephone interview with media agency, Xinhua, on Saturday that if the measurements of the object were correct, they were consistent with a wing of a Boeing 777 airliner.

Asked about whether the newly spotted object would be the one sighted in an earlier satellite image, Dr Blaxland, from ANU's Strategic and Defense Studies Centre, said they don't seem to be the same object.

"It's similar shaped, but if the measurements (are correct), then this is slightly wider," he said.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) appeared to downplay the latest finding, stating it had searched the area earlier on Saturday and sighted no such debris.

But it said further attempts would be made when the search resumed on Sunday to establish whether the objects spotted are related to the missing MH370.

http://www.waginargus.com.au/story/...s-spotted-by-chinese-satellite-image/?cs=2452

Jim Sciutto ‏@jimsciutto 14m

We answered one of your Q's: sat images are grainier in part to hide capabilities, also due to angle of satellite aiming at site #MH370

And how would they know?

Now, he has backtracked to say an unnamed number of "Boeing engineers" think it's in Pakistan.

There's still no solid evidence of where the plane actually is, and that breaks my heart.

I think it's in Pakistan. :seeya:

Good night all, really interesting discussions today, hoping for something new in the morning

:eek:fftobed: :cat:

I think it's in Pakistan. :seeya:

It could be, but there's no proof yet of where it ended up.

It could be any of a couple dozen countries, or at the bottom of the ocean.

Given the total absence of evidence, I'm not comfortable even guessing where it is now. I just want to advocate, on behalf of the families of all on board, that we continue to push all world powers to find the answer, wherever it may lead.

And how would they know?

Well, to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have backtracked to clarify. Obviously he didn't get his info from Boeing Company who wouldn't say anything due to this still being under investigation at this point. But I think from some responses he got, he probably felt he needed to clarify that Boeing Co. wasn't saying one thing to him and something else to everyone else; his sources were individuals within Boeing.

I don't know the man or his military record. But having had both a dad and grandfather who worked for the DoD I also know that some things can be known without being broadcast, necessarily. So, I also don't write him off. Especially since I've seen no evidence yet to discount his theory, yet I've seen some evidence to discount other theories. In other words, his theory is as good as any out there in that it hasn't yet been discounted and he does come from a background where he might be privy to some knowledge about the situation.

Actually, an A320 is... and that's what makes them a more survivable aircraft than a Boeing design in the event of a ditch. It's probably one of the "icing on top of the cake" factors that prevented what would almost certainly been a loss of life event for a Being jet ditching right beside them in the exact same circumstances.

For those of you saying how come you can find a car with OnStar etc... you can only find it of the OnStar is subscribed to. How many cases on here have we seen where the OnStar can't be activated?

Nothing is perfect. It cost money to have the tracking activated for the airline and they are almost bankrupt (http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...st-rm1.2b-loss-bt-suggests-bankruptcy-for-mas). With all the other signalling systems on the plane, the added value was minimal when there are more important things like maintenance and salaries. How often has a plane disappeared like this? A car is much more likely to be stolen or wrecked than a plane, so the owner is more likely to assess something like OnStar as a valuable addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member