Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my favorite statement thus far:

"So far investigators have not come across evidence to prove or disprove pilots involvement"

WTH?

came across this one while skimming, and had to comment...that is exactly how I feel......I can totally understand why the captain is a main suspect, but at the moment there is not enough evidence to say it was him, and so they shouldn't....

ANd you know what, I think they are probably never going to be able to prove or disprove........considering they are having this much trouble just locating the plane, I just don't like the chances of ever working out what really happened

The families’ anger has not diminished this week; the Straits Times reported that Malaysian authorities infuriated passengers’ loved ones by telling them at a briefing this week that there was “sealed evidence that cannot be made public” in relation to the missing flight.

“The sealed evidence included air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings,” the paper reported.

The remarks by Malaysian authorities — made at the Metropark Lido Hotel in Beijing — have not been reported by other major newspapers, despite being widely shared on social media.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/tha...nes-flight-mh370/story-fniztvnf-1226867105992

So, if you have an idea, tell me this: what can they find that will exonerate the pilot? All I can think of is black box evidence of mechanical failure. And count me among those who think that black box will never be found.

I was thinking about that, too. But I think they need to look for two things: 1) they NEED debris to prove it went down 2) they need to locate the main wreckage if possible and I guess backtracking from known debris would help them do that - but they have to know it is debris and I don't think it will take much known debris to give them a starting point. Those pictures are huge areas.

BUt the fact that they are putting that drone in the water makes me think they are getting desperate. They have to find SOMETHING, and somewhat soon, those batteries are running out.

ETA: OH i see I misinterpreted what you meant. Good question. That's all I can add to that! Thanks and sorry.

Funny how we each interpret words and actions. I, actually, think the only reason they are utilizing the submersible is because they do have something. If there was nothing to go on...I don't think they would spend the time, energy or money. :moo:

Bad weather is the norm rather than the exception down there apparently. And all they are trying to do is get a good look at the debris, let alone recover it, much less a full blown recovery operation to locate the wreckage on the ocean floor and try to recover the black boxes.
Yes that's the planes' mission brief - to sight, possibly identify debris but the ships at the site are responsible for recovering debris if its located.

Hopefully you can explain to us here at WS. I for one have no knowledge. In fact, I am not an expert at anything. Not even my job. Maybe I am an expert at cleaning my apartment, that about sums it up! :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

This case, above any others, has taught me a few things. I am not very bright. I am so confused simply over time differences that I no longer know what day or time it is. I am useless. Internet media is worse than I thought, no cable here, but from observation of posts and links, cable news is no better.

Can you help us? :whiteflag:

ETA: Never mind. I see you helped us - a lot!

21merc7..... This totally cracked me up... And I can totally relate...:laughcry:

Except... I am not even an expert in cleaning my house!

:sweep:

:

https://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/27032014_MediaRelease_Update20_MH370AMdocx_000.pdf

27th March, 2014: 6.45am(AEDT)

Search and recovery operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 20

HMAS Success remains in the search area about 2500 kilometres south-west of Perth and was joined by
four Chinese ships – Xue Long, Kunlunshan, Haikou and Qiandaohu – in the search area.

Two Royal Australian Air Force AP-3C Orions, a Japanese Gulfstream jet, a US Navy P-8 Poseidon, a
Chinese Ilyushin IL-76 and a Japanese P-3 Orion will fly sorties throughout the day.

Five civil aircraft will fly to the search area.

So, if you have an idea, tell me this: what can they find that will exonerate the pilot? All I can think of is black box evidence of mechanical failure. And count me among those who think that black box will never be found.

I don't know if he will ever be exonerated. But until they conclusively establish a likelihood that certain things could only have been done by the pilot, I don't think we can conclude guilt either. We have to get confirmation regarding what was going on in his personal life and if it's true that the plane avoided radar, preprogrammed an odd route, and had its equipment manually disabled. We may never 100% prove it, but we can determine if it's reasonably likely.

https://www.amsa.gov.au/media/docum...ase_Update21_MH370_Aircraftdepartures_000.pdf

27th March, 2014: 10.45am (AEDT)

Search and recovery operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 21

Today’s search and recovery operation in the Australian Search and Rescue Region for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is now underway.

Search activities today will involve a total of 11 aircraft and five ships.

Today’s search is split into two areas within the same proximity covering a cumulative 78,000 square kilometres.

The easiest things to look for are sharp angles, since they don't occur in nature. There were surely some things on those images but it is hard to tell what - they use more than one image to geolocate so if something is in movement at the time of collection, you get blur and a smearing effect - which is why those things are so hard to identify. Additionally the image resolution is at best 62 cm - meaning that each pixel of photo is equal to 62 cm on the ground. SO identifying objects in motion at that resolution is danged near impossible.

The Thai image appears as though it was collected from an old style satellite that operates more like a camera lens than the push broom technology DG (quickbird) uses. In that case the farther an object is from Nadir, the more distorted it appears, giving it that lumpy effect you noticed.

Big, huge, ginormous thanks to you!! Sounds like they are looking for a needle in a moving haystack while wearing out of focus glasses!

The families’ anger has not diminished this week; the Straits Times reported that Malaysian authorities infuriated passengers’ loved ones by telling them at a briefing this week that there was “sealed evidence that cannot be made public” in relation to the missing flight.

“The sealed evidence included air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings,” the paper reported.

The remarks by Malaysian authorities — made at the Metropark Lido Hotel in Beijing — have not been reported by other major newspapers, despite being widely shared on social media.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/tha...nes-flight-mh370/story-fniztvnf-1226867105992

ok ok..... "sealed evidence including air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings" that can not be made public!!!!!!

yep we are not getting the full story here....wonder why it cant be made public??? does anyone have any ideas?

When I'm catching up I have a system.
I open up anything I want to respond to in a new tab or window.
(Generally you can hold down the Shift key and then click on the quote button.)

By the time I get caught up on a thread I have several quotes open.
I go through and see which ones are no longer relevant and close them.
Then respond to those that are still relevant.
I generally go from 10 quotes to about 2. :giggle:

That way I don’t forget what I wanted to address and I don't post anything I don't need to. :seeya:

:laughitup: I normally do that too! I was just so eager to share my brilliance on this one! :giggle:

The FBI was reportedly examining a flight simulator that Captain Zaharie kept at his home, in particular files that were deleted from the computer a month before MH370's fateful flight.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/22172054/search-for-malaysian-plane-to-resume/

The friend told the New Zealand Herald he had spoken several times with Captain Zaharie, and that they had talked about him simulating situations such as flying at very high or very low altitudes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ts-believe-they-know-where-MH370-crashed.html

“They should find it - it will probably be pieces of the wing,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “The sightings are totally consistent. The debris is trapped in that region about 400 kilometres [249 miles] from the potential crash site. Depending on the weather, we know where the debris is going till the end of the month.”

BBM

I am assuming that the SAR teams have a good indication of which way the water is flowing..the flow of the current and the possible direction the objects spotted may be going..

I wished they would share WHERE they believe the objects may be flowing to....are the objects getting further away or closer to Australia? flowing towards Antarctica? or is it drifting west towards southern part of Africa?..or does it keep floating in the open ocean?

Someone on the previous thread mentioned not being able to watch the Daily Show link from Australia. You can watch it from outside the US using "Modify Headers" in Firefox:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV8rdpF1qZs"]How to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report Outside the US - YouTube[/ame]
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/01...and-the-colbert-report-if-you-live-in-the-uk/

Regarding the term "supergrass" also mentioned in the previous thread: a "grass" is an informant and generally has negative connotations- the word is most associated with criminal communities and those who mistrust the authorities. The word "supergrass" is a play on that, created by journalists to refer to high level informants against organised criminal networks, originally these were gangland informants, but has been used to describe Mafia and IRA (and, in this case, Al Qaeda) informants, as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supergrass_(informer)

It has more glamorous connotations than a simple "grass."

ok ok..... "sealed evidence including air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings" that can not be made public!!!!!!

yep we are not getting the full story here....wonder why it cant be made public??? does anyone have any ideas?

they don't normally release info mid-investigation do they? and perhaps there are privacy concerns? The personal info that has already been floated on social media is disturbing.

Hi WS Friends :)

SORRY to just jump in, I can't keep up with the posts. But, can anyone answer for me the name of that French Island down by the search area???? I want to research it....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ts-believe-they-know-where-MH370-crashed.html

“They should find it - it will probably be pieces of the wing,” he told The Daily Telegraph. “The sightings are totally consistent. The debris is trapped in that region about 400 kilometres [249 miles] from the potential crash site. Depending on the weather, we know where the debris is going till the end of the month.”

BBM

I am assuming that the SAR teams have a good indication of which way the water is flowing..the flow of the current and the possible direction the objects spotted may be going..

I wished they would share WHERE they believe the objects may be flowing to....are the objects getting further away or closer to Australia? flowing towards Antarctica? or is it drifting west towards southern part of Africa?..or does it keep floating in the open ocean?

I suppose they don't want any WSers showing up to do their own search:floorlaugh:

And he was the last person to speak.
And it was his first flight without being monitored by a check pilot
Why is Captain Shah the one being villified by the media?

Wait.
So the FO was the one ACTUALLY flying the plane?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty