Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok..... "sealed evidence including air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings" that can not be made public!!!!!!

yep we are not getting the full story here....wonder why it cant be made public??? does anyone have any ideas?

My guess would be that it is considered Govt classified info.

Excellent article about the search area:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/03/26/mh370_and_the_secrets_of_the_deep_dark_indian_ocean

Storms are the rule rather than the exception in this part of the world, plagued by the Roaring Forties -- the never-ending winds that howl around 40 degrees latitude south. The weather, combined with the fact that this zone, just north of Antarctica, is the only place where water can flow around the globe without hitting land, means that the waves are among the highest in the world. (Surfing is inadvisable.) That these are some of the deepest parts of the Indian Ocean, with a rugged and volcanic ocean floor, decreases the likelihood that the black boxes would be retrievable. All of which adds up to an almost impossible race against time: Those black boxes have limited battery life and will likely stop transmitting around April 7.

I can't shake the idea someone thought this through carefully...

The FBI was reportedly examining a flight simulator that Captain Zaharie kept at his home, in particular files that were deleted from the computer a month before MH370's fateful flight.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/22172054/search-for-malaysian-plane-to-resume/

The friend told the New Zealand Herald he had spoken several times with Captain Zaharie, and that they had talked about him simulating situations such as flying at very high or very low altitudes.
This is what I've thought all along. In My Opinion, there is enough evidence to conclude that Captain Shah is Guilty of intentionally bringing this plane down.

ok ok..... "sealed evidence including air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings" that can not be made public!!!!!!

yep we are not getting the full story here....wonder why it cant be made public??? does anyone have any ideas?

See, I don't find it odd that there is "sealed evidence". It's very early in the investigation and I'd expect undisclosed evidence. Either because it's sensitive or may not lead anywhere after lengthy examination. I understand the families are angry and grieving. I think the problem is they just don't trust the Malaysian authorities. If they released everything, the families would be upset if the Malays later had to say "oops, we were wrong and that wasn't really an important piece of evidence after all".

I am guessing because the Freedom of Information laws are different than what we are accustomed to in some of our countries.

See, I don't find it odd that there is "sealed evidence". It's very early in the investigation and I'd expect undisclosed evidence. Either because it's sensitive or may not lead anywhere after lengthy examination. I understand the families are angry and grieving. I think the problem is they just don't trust the Malaysian authorities. If they released everything, the families would be upset if the Malays later had to say "oops, we were wrong and that wasn't really an important piece of evidence after all".

I agree completely. And call me naive, but I still believe that there was a catastrophic mechanical issue and casting aspersions on two dead pilots with no evidence is cruel.

Hi WS Friends :)

SORRY to just jump in, I can't keep up with the posts. But, can anyone answer for me the name of that French Island down by the search area???? I want to research it....

I will look for it..I checked them out when the search headed to that part of the Indian Ocean

The French Southern & Antarctic Lands
And
Heard Island & McDonald Islands

French Southern & Antarctic Lands (FRANCE)
-no permanent settlement
-visitors to the groups of islands are Military, scientific researchers and support staff, meteorological station

Heard Island & McDonald Islands (AUSTRALIA)
-uninhabited
-volcanic group of barren antartic lands

(Not directed at anyone in particular.)

It frustrates me when people state something as FACT...
Yet when asked for a link repeatedly ignore those requests. :banghead:

If you are posting something that is not common knowledge...
Please save us some time and post a LINK. :please:

It what world is it normal to release information mid-investigation? It's not normal in the U.S., and we have more open laws than most places.

My dog frequently catches her own tail, FWIW. :laughitup:

Stupid question, but is there any reason why they haven’t used any submersibles yet? Is it just because they haven’t been able to get any in position yet, or because they’re waiting until they get some confirmation that they’re in the right area?

Wouldn’t the debris that’s already sunk, be less likely to move at this point, therefore easier to find?

Isn't the US sending one of their AUV submersibles to the search area? I don't know if it has arrived yet though, and that could be the reason why none have been used yet.

This is what I've thought all along. In My Opinion, there is enough evidence to conclude that Captain Shah is Guilty of intentionally bringing this plane down.

You don't think he made a sharp left turn to head to the nearest airport that will land a 777, and climb to 45000 feet to put out a fire?

I am starting to think they only way they are going to find anything, in spite of their valiant efforts, will be if a big piece of plane debris smashes into one of these ships.

I can't shake the idea someone thought this through carefully...

I think so too. I don't think there is any evidence at all to suggest Captain Shah. At this point I still believe the cockpit was breached, or it could have been the copilot.

I just wanted to post this image that was in a link Elley Mae provided earlier.

I think it gives an excellent picture of the distances the search planes fly on a daily basis. It also helps me to understand how fatigued the searchers may be when they arrive at the search area to begin their work .. let alone how fatigued they must be upon their return to base.

2scaleAUSSIE.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bsurdly-difficult-lets-put-it-in-perspective/

He said he IGNORED all the speculation.
WHY would he directly address it after ignoring it?
I think he DID defend him. :twocents:

Exactly.
Just because he didn't straight out say "My dad is not responsible for this incident," doesn't mean he didn't defend him.
I think it's good that he's ignoring all the speculation. He doesn't need that sort of stuff in his life.

Isn't the US sending one of their AUV submersibles to the search area? I don't know if it has arrived yet though, and that could be the reason why none have been used yet.

I also heard on CNN that a 2nd P-8 Poseidon aircraft (which has a longer range) was on it's way to replace the P-3 Orion (a turbroprop aircraft)
I didn't hear from which country though, there are only a handful of countries that have the P8 Poseidon aircraft.

UPDATE
The US is sending a 2nd P-8 Poseidon aircraft
http://www.stripes.com/news/navy/2n...a-airline-search-effort-1.274990#.UzS9A6hdWSo

2nd P8 Poseidon to join Malaysia Airline search effort

I also heard on CNN that a 2nd P-8 Poseidon aircraft (which has a longer range) was on it's way to replace the P-3 Orion (a turbroprop aircraft)
I didn't hear from which country though, there are only a handful of countries that have the P8 Poseidon aircraft.

That's ours... the USA. :seeya:

I agree completely. And call me naive, but I still believe that there was a catastrophic mechanical issue and casting aspersions on two dead pilots with no evidence is cruel.

I'm with you on that one.
I'm not going to accuse the pilots of anything without any concrete evidence to say they're responsible. They're still victims just like the other 237 people on board.

Right now, a mechanical issue makes sense.
Like I always say, "occam's razor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members