Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... so Ocean Shield is pursuing an acoustic noise in her location. Two areas of acoustic noise.

Correction to satellite data used for calculations. Effect of correction raises the probability of plane in southern area.

CNN just played the "TICK TICK TICK" noise of the pingers and I knew it reminded me of something horrible and now I remember. It was my piano lessons "Metronome" device that had the same Ticking noise. That sound reminded me of those horrible days when I was forced to practice and I would cry because I couldnt play right.

If only my Mom had let me take guitar lessons instead of the piano that happened to be sitting in the fuyour. Bless her though. I just didnt have any musical talent and never will. :)

Metronome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm just scrolling through all that's being talked about in here and I can't help but comment. My mom did the exact same thing. Too funny. Well at least we know what a metronome is! I hated that thing lol. It ruined all the fun.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

HMS Echo going to check out Chinese location, Ocean Shield will join her after she has checked out her own area of acoustic noise.

Due to correction in data, all resources will be moved to that location.

Let experts look at data, give them time to come to conclusions.

Underwater environment difficult. Lots of ocassions where noises transmit over long distances. We have the expertise to operate there.

The water in which Chinese boat is working very very deep, 4½ thousand metres deep.

Long way from making conclusion that anything is there.

Two acoustic events in that location ... provides some 'promise' that something is there.

First detection 36 hours ago .. two nights ago .. quick detection, then nothing.

Chinese boat stayed in area investigating, yesterday afternoon Perth time, another acoustic detection less than 2km from 1st detection.

2nd acoustic event was about 90 secs long.

Location is in the high probability area we know.

HMS Echo is about 14 hours away from Chinese area, over a day till Ocean Shield is there ... after she has investigated her own area.

In last 90 mins, Ocean Shield has picked up its acoustic detection. Still investigating. She may be tasked to stay there. Will take most of today to resolve the sound where Ocean Shield is.

Paraphrasing from news conference....."Ocean Shield has picked up a detection of an accoustic event in their current location and they will be investigating that further".

WOW. That is encouraging.

They are moving HMS Echo immediately to the Chinese accoustic event to investigate that one which is 300 miles away. Two separate accoustic events.

Definitely two separate acoustic events .. both being treated very seriously. Will work in each location until can say yes or no.

Ocean Shield best equipped of all ships out there to investigate. Has locator and remotely operated vehicle which is capable of investigating.

Looking at several hours .. maybe a couple of days till that one is resolved.

Two locations about 300 miles apart. (Chinese and Ocean Shield.)

Visual search ongoing. Ships also going to look at white objects seen yesterday.

Not continuing transmissions. Only fleeting sounds. If they get closer, sound should be more continuous.

Reanalysing data from satellite, may be slight difference in air speed than first calculated. Plane may have been going faster .. might be further south in SAME search area. Search area doesn't change, just area of probability changes.

PC here for Aussies ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

Two locations about 300 miles apart. (Chinese and Ocean Shield.)

How many black boxes are there? And, if two, could they possibly be 300 miles apart?

International search planes and ships are heading to an area where a Chinese ship twice heard what could be signals from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370's black box locators, Australian search authorities said on Sunday.

Retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, the head of the Australian agency coordinating the operation, told a media conference in Perth that two reported acoustic detections from the Haixun 01 were a good lead but there remained no certainty that they had come from the missing plane.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/06/us-malaysia-airlines-idUSBREA3308J20140406

Feel sorry for Angus Houston .. they are hounding him to CONFIRM that sounds are from black box, despite him saying over and over that they need time ... particularly when looking underwater. They haven't heard a continuous signal yet.

how many 'last questions' are there in australia???

Angus Houston stressed that China was sharing everything relevant to the search ... everything. They have 7 ships out there .. largest fleet. They have most promising lead. We should be positive about it, not questioning them. Houston spent two hours with Chinese ambassador last night speaking about way forward and search, etc.

Feel sorry for Angus Houston .. they are hounding him to CONFIRM that sounds are from black box, despite him saying over and over that they need time ... particularly when looking underwater. They haven't heard a continuous signal yet.

I think he is amazing. I love his demeanor, his accent, and especially the way he handles those questions. Brillant!! I could listen to him talk all night. jmo

Why does Don Lemon say some things twice? Some things twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member