Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers are confident they know the approximate position of wreckage of the Boeing 777, some 1,670 km (1,040 miles) northwest of Perth, after picking up several acoustic signals they believe are from its black box recorders.

With the batteries on the locators now two weeks past their 30-day expected life, the focus may soon shift to trying to find wreckage using sonar and cameras on a small unmanned “robot” known as an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...r-robot-launch-for-mh370#sthash.dVlPwVAf.dpuf

First mention of wreckage. I suppose they are using the assumed location of the black boxes.

Hi All - newbie here. I have been a WS lurker for years and have never posted before. I have been following this thread and have a question that possibly someone with aviation experience can answer.

Is it possible for a plane to lose total control of its systems but continue to fly rogue on its own? What I mean is, I had a cousin who's boat controls malfunctioned. Couldn't turn the engine off, couldn't steer, flipping all switches without and reaction. He essentially had to place a distress call to the coast guard (I understand that a plane radio is slightly diff than a boat radio) and have them come rescue & fix the situation.

Is something like that possible in a plane? Complete loss of electrical controls and devices but mechanically it continues to work and fly on its own?

If there wasn't prior evidence of problems with the Captain of the plane, maybe. But that guy was a political person against Malaysian gov't and had just separated from his family...Welcome to WebSleuths !!! :seeya:

If all communication was knocked out due to whatever mechanical problem occurred, no radio calls could have been made.

I suppose the once comm was lost, Captain Shah and FO could have been flying "visually". Also, it was the middle of the night. Maybe they (MH370) thought someone would find them and no one did? And still can't.

I suppose the once comm was lost, Captain Shah and FO could have been flying "visually". Also, it was the middle of the night. Maybe they (MH370) thought someone would find them and no one did? And still can't.

Communications were ended by pilot imo. He turned that plane around and knew exactly where to dump it. My opinion only.

I know what you're saying. It's only after having read the Air France transcript that I started to reconsider my original opinion. That plane went all over the place - up, down, down with nose up, variable speeds etc. And no distress call was made (and their communication wasn't knocked out, they just didn't have time). I agree the fact the plane was navigated on the edge of the waypoints suggests deliberate intent - but it could be coincidence (humans love to see significance in random events). I'm not convinced either way, I'm just moving from a position of near conviction that it was deliberate, to acceptance that it may not have been.

BBM ~ Thanks Lola68 :seeya:

Now i'm thinking everyone is all concerned about it erratically flying under radar, but really, they could have simply had troubles and no one came to their aid?

I'm a sleuther. We all, of course want to think good thoughts. I don't have any good thoughts on this one. It was intentional IMO.

:blushing: didn't even notice that. Regardless, I have a feeling something is being hidden because of fear of embarrasment. Wasn't MH370 recently serviced for a left wing tip issue?

Yes. The plane had a broken wing tip from an accident while taxiing at Shanghai Airport in 2012 and was repaired. IIRC, it had just had a safety inspection in February. That said, something still could have gone wrong during this flight.

MOO

Now i'm thinking everyone is all concerned about it erratically flying under radar, but really, they could have simply had troubles and no one came to their aid?

But...the Malay gov't has stated several times that it was a "deliberate act" and it is a "criminal investigation". No???:facepalm:

That could be possible.
They were flying that way on purpose as a way to attract attention to themselves so they could get help. But with it being a middle of the night flight, not many planes would have been flying and noticed MH370 acting weird.

Hi All - newbie here. I have been a WS lurker for years and have never posted before. I have been following this thread and have a question that possibly someone with aviation experience can answer.

Is it possible for a plane to lose total control of its systems but continue to fly rogue on its own? What I mean is, I had a cousin who's boat controls malfunctioned. Couldn't turn the engine off, couldn't steer, flipping all switches without and reaction. He essentially had to place a distress call to the coast guard (I understand that a plane radio is slightly diff than a boat radio) and have them come rescue & fix the situation.

Is something like that possible in a plane? Complete loss of electrical controls and devices but mechanically it continues to work and fly on its own?

:greetings: I'm a little late reading this thread, hope you get your answer, but i'm leaning towards a "yes" for your question.

But...the Malay gov't has stated several times that it was a "deliberate act" and it is a "criminal investigation". No???:facepalm:

IMO, I think that's because they don't want to be held responsible for any mechanical issues (if that turns out to be the case).

Yes. The plane had a broken wing tip from an accident while taxiing at Shanghai Airport in 2012 and was repaired. IIRC, it had just had a safety inspection in February. That said, something still could have gone wrong during this flight.

MOO

Funny that some want to think the good thoughts and this accident was accidental and then there are of those of us that figure in the Captain of the Ship's personal problems and political motivations into it. Like me.

If there wasn't prior evidence of problems with the Captain of the plane, maybe. But that guy was a political person against Malaysian gov't and had just separated from his family...Welcome to WebSleuths !!! :seeya:

BBM ~ First, Capt. Shah supported the opposition party (which is like Democratic vs. Republic), and second the seperation thing is just rumours. JMO.

If the Malaysian gov't shifts the blame to the crew and passengers, they would not have to face mechanical and communications not being up to standards? And their country blacklisted as a tourist destination for many Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member