Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

By the way, shortly after the disappearance of MH 370, I did a study of ocean currents to determine where debris in the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea might end up. MH 370 disappeared during the 1st intermonsoon (March-April). Let us say just for the sake of argument that the plane crashed somewhere west-southwest of the oil platform. Depending upon the distance from the platform, debris would drift either towards the southwest Vietnam coast OR (ironically) towards the east coast of northernmost Malaysia.

The critical scientific publication is from Yanagi (2011). The important figure for me is his Figure 8. This PDF publication is at http://www.terrapub.co.jp/e-library/nishida/pdf/nishida_013.pdf

Remember, the interpretation of current movements is mine and not Yanagi's. I could well be misinterpreting his data.

and north korea -and where the plane was flying to, in china, over the sea of japan- was even farther away then the aforementioned south korea.no relevance imo.

I don't get your point. Mr. Noatak wrote about
`Exercise “Key Resolve” is located in or near South Korea and ended on March 3 or March 6'
& I added more info by reporting back about a near missile hit on a plane during that time in that specific location.
I am not saying that happened to MH370 ... in fact I referenced 2 articles saying that no trace of an explosion had been found.

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Major airlines want real-time tracking for commercial aircraft following the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and cost is not a concern, a senior official with the United Nations' aviation agency said on Monday.

Inmarsat Group, a satellite company whose data helped track MH370, has offered to provide airlines with tracking at no cost.

Graham, director of ICAO's Air Navigation Bureau said ownership and protection of flight data were among the issues that needed to be ironed out before a global tracking system was put in place.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/b...ft-tracking-after-mh370-mystery-u-n-official/

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Major airlines want real-time tracking for commercial aircraft following the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and cost is not a concern, a senior official with the United Nations' aviation agency said on Monday.

Inmarsat Group, a satellite company whose data helped track MH370, has offered to provide airlines with tracking at no cost.

Graham, director of ICAO's Air Navigation Bureau said ownership and protection of flight data were among the issues that needed to be ironed out before a global tracking system was put in place.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/b...ft-tracking-after-mh370-mystery-u-n-official/

bbm

This is ''huge'' !! and welcome news. Thanks!

Upon reading the article closely there seems to be a lot of issues to resolve including the cost of outfitting individual planes with the hardware. - from your link

"Inmarsat Group, a satellite company whose data helped track MH370, has offered to provide airlines with tracking at no cost. Rival firms such as Iridium Communications , however, say outfitting a jet with the tracking system could cost more than $100,000."

Dare I suggest that the amount of $ spent in the fruitless search so far could have easily equipped a large number of planes.

A naval expert could probably tell you in a flash what type of ship that is, particularly since there is an oil drilling platform for comparative scale. But even with that information, I would have no way of telling what it was there for.

On a related subject, I wish that all of the flotsam that was recovered was documented. What did Vietnam find? What did China find? What did the U.S. find?

http://www.merlindownscience.co.uk/malaysian-flight-mh370/

The two "smaller" boats in the photos appear to be typical offshore oil rig "supply boats."

They have long, low slung rear hull/decks in order to carry lengths of drill stem and other supplies. The low profile also aides in offloading as it allows the lower rear section to locate close to and even underneath some drilling rigs.

Raw satellite data on MH370 to be released Tuesday, Malaysia says

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/26/world/asia/malaysia-missing-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (CNN) -- Raw satellite data about missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 will be released Tuesday, a Malaysian official said Monday.

Malaysian acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein made the comments about the data from satellite company Inmarsat as he toured a newly constructed terminal at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

"The underwater search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane will effectively be put on hold this week, and may not resume until August at the very earliest, according to Australia's top transport safety official.

The new timeline means that once Bluefin-21, the American underwater drone operated by a team on board the Australian Defense Vessel Ocean Shield, wraps up its work in a couple of days, it will be up to two months, if not longer, until new underwater vehicles are contracted and deployed in the hunt for MH370."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/MH370-Next-phase-of-search-months-away/26170332

Bluefin is scheduled to wrap up operations and be returned to the US, with its support staff, on 31st May. It sounds as though that will be it for the underwater search until later in the year, perhaps in Spring when the seas are a little kinder.

A naval expert could probably tell you in a flash what type of ship that is, particularly since there is an oil drilling platform for comparative scale. But even with that information, I would have no way of telling what it was there for.

On a related subject, I wish that all of the flotsam that was recovered was documented. What did Vietnam find? What did China find? What did the U.S. find?

The major one for me, posted in thread #1 by steely was a piece with a round aircraft window. That made me wonder. Not sure who spotted it, but I think it was China.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

With all due respect, South Korea and North Korea is like comparing apples to oranges as far as world military goes.
I read earlier a report of a gunshot going through the fuselage and causing a slow decompression.
Goodness, when will these theories end?

Sorry. :blush: The second part of this post meant to seperated.

Unlike you I am not commenting on their military or politics.
Neither am I proposing any type of theory.
You seem to have missed my point that I referenced an article about
the REALITY of a plane & a missile occupying the same air space
... but being only 7 minutes apart.
This event actually happened & so it is the reporting of a fact.

I was just stating that "Korea" has North and South and are not the same as they are different countries. I know some people who don't know that so was giving an analogy of the big picture.

The second part of my post was not directed at you, it was meant to be a seperate post. I blame Tapatalk. lol. Sorry, I did not mean to offend you.

Yes, the timing of 7 minutes could be a coincidence, but there surely must be other commercial airlines that can unknowingly intercept?

I don't get your point. Mr. Noatak wrote about
`Exercise “Key Resolve” is located in or near South Korea and ended on March 3 or March 6'
& I added more info by reporting back about a near missile hit on a plane during that time in that specific location.
I am not saying that happened to MH370 ... in fact I referenced 2 articles saying that no trace of an explosion had been found.

Yes, but you stressed the "Korea" part, and that can be taken out of context.

JMO

How close to Malaysia is Brunei?

Brunei is east of Kuala Lumpur
the transponder was not turned off close to Brunei..the plane did not travel that far eastward and we don't have an exact time when ACARS was turned off...we have a 30 minute window of time when ACARS was turned off (between 1:07am and 1:37am)

images

images

"The underwater search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane will effectively be put on hold this week, and may not resume until August at the very earliest, according to Australia's top transport safety official.

How sad this must be for the grieving families that the search has ended !
:(

bbm

This is ''huge'' !! and welcome news. Thanks!

Upon reading the article closely there seems to be a lot of issues to resolve including the cost of outfitting individual planes with the hardware. - from your link

"Inmarsat Group, a satellite company whose data helped track MH370, has offered to provide airlines with tracking at no cost. Rival firms such as Iridium Communications , however, say outfitting a jet with the tracking system could cost more than $100,000."

Dare I suggest that the amount of $ spent in the fruitless search so far could have easily equipped a large number of planes.

Don't worry, the costs to upgrade the hardware will be put on the flyers.

With that being said, I think it's worth it and applaud Immarsat who has rised to the occasion.

The major one for me, posted in thread #1 by steely was a piece with a round aircraft window. That made me wonder. Not sure who spotted it, but I think it was China.

if this is the object in question:

vietnam -- http://www.talkvietnam.com/2014/03/debris-possible-window-found-around-reported-mh370-crash-site/

the object in the pic does not look anything like the window assembly from a 777 imo -- http://airchive.com/photos/2013/08/everett-777-raw-upper-fuselage-2013-1_28313.jpg

I think it's worth it and applaud Immarsat who has rised to the occasion.

Malaysia Airlines owns ANY & ALL raw data concerning MH370. So when they requested it, that placed a legal obligation on Inmarsat to turn it over to them. If Inmarsat failed to do, then they put themselves in the position of either being charged with stolen property or being sued for the rightful return of that property to its owner. Note that Inmarsat did not release the data publicly which they had no legal right to do. Inmarsat was required to give the data to those that owned it, Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines owns ANY & ALL raw data concerning MH370. So when they requested it, that placed a legal obligation on Inmarsat to turn it over to them. If Inmarsat failed to do, then they put themselves in the position of either being charged with stolen property or being sued for the rightful return of that property to its owner. Note that Inmarsat did not release the data publicly which they had no legal right to do. Inmarsat was required to give the data to those that owned it, Malaysia Airlines.

Any reasons why Immarsat would not want to release it?

The raw data used in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight will be released to the public tomorrow.

Malaysia's acting transport minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein announced the nation's Department of Civil Aviation and Inmarsat - the British satellite firm whose data helped track MH370 - will release the information jointly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rch-area-released-tomorrow.html#ixzz32sDhJQuh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member