Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually quite fascinating!

The airlines choose which engines Boeing or Airbus install on their aircraft. The heavy hitters are Pratt and Whitney, General Electric, and Rolls Royce. '

It was more common years ago, but for several models all three of the above engine manufactures designed engines for the same plane and competed for each airline to select their engine to be used on their models.

It get super complicated - Rolls Royce would say to United select our JT548 for your fleet of triple 7’s and we will give you 2 years maintenance, 20 backup engines, and four simulators etc. etc. Then General Electric would sit down with United to court them and say I can give 3 years maintenance, 225 overhauls and train your mechanics in the purchase price if you select our P454.

Then Pratt will come back and say ok well pick up transitional training for your flight crews. They present, for lack of a better term efficiency (like mph!), time between overhauls etc. etc.

If once the deal is struck and when the airplane hits the skies both airplane manufacturers and engine manufacturers are “fined” performance penalties if the aircraft do not meet criteria (promised) in the sales meetings.
Its cut throat and vicious –billions and billions are at stake! It takes years, starts while the aircraft itself is still in the design phase and changes endlessly over the years before the first machine rolls of the line!

Bob I can’t get below empty weight of 394 tons – Ok I think we can get you up to 85,000 pounds of thrust – we should be ok

The jet manufactures spend millions designing them but the real money is getting your engine hung on as many planes as you can and getting the lucrative decades longs maintenance part of the deal – that is where they make their development costs back –after the sale!

No airliner can be built with a launch customer (in 777 it was United). They are the first carrier to commit to buying the aircraft and get the whole deal rolling- and the launch customer is treated as royalty!

All the airlines (like people with cars!) custom their planes – some want *advertiser censored* seats, some want pink bathrooms, some want Honeywell transponders, some want extended range, some want more thrust, some want first class,. Some want all economy seating, some want green carpet it’s unreal!!

And Boeing created an assembly line (first time that has been done) where from start to finish each machine moves through the factory at like 2 mph !

Boeings Dreamliner is in a MESS right now!

Hope I am not boring you!

Not boring, very cool! :thumb:

I found the last sentence of this article about the MH370 battery cargo interesting …. spoken by Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5509...-motorola-preliminary-report.htm#.U3lQcPmSweg

From the article you mentioned ...

Of these five AWB, two contained lithium ion batteries amounting to a total tonnage volume of 221 kg. The balance three house AWB, amounting to 2,232 kg, were declared as radio accessories and chargers," MAS said in a statement. A source from MAS said that the batteries weighed less than 200 kg but they were instructed not to reveal the remaining components of the 2.253 tonnes of cargo.

It also identified the battery maker as Motorola ... well the flight passengers included 20 employees of Freescale Semiconductors ... which started as a design division of Motorola. Both companies are involved with radios.

Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A trailer for The Vanishing Act, the film based on the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 that went missing earlier this year, has been revealed.

The brief trailer was presented to financiers at Cannes on Saturday. The clip features panic-stricken staff aboard a turbulent flight.

The above trailer was shot in six days aboard an Aerobus parked in Bombay

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/18/movie...sia-airlines-plane-flight-mh370-film-4732138/

Oh! I also forgot about the lithium batteries!
There was apparently a bunch in the plane's cargo hold...

How would lithium catch fire, I wonder.

I saw Swiss Air 111 doc today, and I'm not 100% convinced MH370 had a fire.

It it odd to say goodnight, then 2 minutes later, manually turn off the transponder and no distress call, nothing.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

The family of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 pilot, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, has broken its silence, defending his reputation and revealing new information about his activities, in tonight's episode of Four Corners.

The program will also include a forensic reconstruction of the baffling disappearance of the plane, along with an interview with Malaysian minister of defence and acting transport minister Datuk Hishammuddin Hussein.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-19/family-of-mh370-captain-defends-his-reputation/5462342

The family of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 pilot, Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, has broken its silence, defending his reputation and revealing new information about his activities, in tonight's episode of Four Corners.

The program will also include a forensic reconstruction of the baffling disappearance of the plane, along with an interview with Malaysian minister of defence and acting transport minister Datuk Hishammuddin Hussein.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-19/family-of-mh370-captain-defends-his-reputation/5462342

I can only watch this for 3.18 minutes and cant find the full version??

“The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS [Malaysia Airlines] markings,” he said. “It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for pings from the black box.”

This is quite an interesting short article, unsure if the previous PM is just weighing in with his tuppence worth, or if he's onto something...? He seems very respected in his country & don't think he'd speak out if he wasn't totally sure.

I'm only posting as i'm totally sure it's MSM and isn't conspiracy theory based...

http://m.smh.com.au/world/cia-withh...ysian-pm-mahathir-mohamad-20140519-zrh0a.html

I can only watch this for 3.18 minutes and cant find the full version??

Seabreeze its on tonight here in Australia . Hopefully there will be a link for you to watch it once its aired here.

Seabreeze its on tonight here in Australia . Hopefully there will be a link for you to watch it once its aired here.

Amee - what time is it with you just now? I'm in Scotland, UK & it's 10.07 in the morning here...

Just so i can figure out when the programme will be on at your end!

How would lithium catch fire, I wonder.

If you have a laptop computer, just touch it to feel the heat.
The batteries overheat until they explode into a fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcd34tt8YPU

This is a Federal Aviation Video showing how they conducted tests about it.
But it opens with a captured video of a spontaneous fire of someone's laptop computer at LAX airport.

Amee - what time is it with you just now? I'm in Scotland, UK & it's 10.07 in the morning here...

Just so i can figure out when the programme will be on at your end!

Its 6:50pm Monday here now in South Australia. :seeya:

“The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS [Malaysia Airlines] markings,” he said. “It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for pings from the black box.”

This is quite an interesting short article, unsure if the previous PM is just weighing in with his tuppence worth, or if he's onto something...? He seems very respected in his country & don't think he'd speak out if he wasn't totally sure.

I'm only posting as i'm totally sure it's MSM and isn't conspiracy theory based...

http://m.smh.com.au/world/cia-withh...ysian-pm-mahathir-mohamad-20140519-zrh0a.html

Here is another more detailed article from the same source ...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/cia-wit...ysian-pm-mahathir-mohamad-20140519-zrh0a.html

Meanwhile, relatives of the 12 crew members on the plane claim Malaysia Airlines abandoned them
after discovering they had engaged US law firm Ribbeck Law Chartered for legal assistance.
... the airline had told relatives to now engage with the airline through lawyers.

NEW doubt has crept into the search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 after the Australian search agency
said it would not make public the audio recordings of four acoustic “ping” signals.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-their-validity/story-fnihslxi-1226923217252

Wow! This is why I think they need help from a TECHNICAL expert who successfully co-directed the find of the Air France plane ...

The international frequency standard for black boxes is 37.5kHz, and Mr Houston said an April 5 transmission was detected 33.331 kilohertz, pulsing at 1.106 second intervals.

Even though this was below 37.5kHz, it was an acceptable margin of error and Mr Houston was confident the pulsing was “identical” to an emergency beacon locator and likely from MH370.

But last week, the Wall Street Journal quoted Australian naval officer Commander James Lybrand, as doubting that the second set of pings was from the plane’s cockpit voice recorder or flight data beacons.

The second transmissions from April 8 were at 27 kHz, and gave Commander Lybrand little confidence.
“As far as frequency goes, between 33 kHz and 27 kHz is a pretty large jump,” he told the WSJ.

Mr Houston was asked on April 9 whether he would release some of the audio.
“We’ll take a look at that. I don’t see why not,” he said at the time.

NEW doubt has crept into the search for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 after the Australian search agency said it would not make public the audio recordings of four acoustic “ping” signals.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r-their-validity/story-fnihslxi-1226923217252

But last week, the Wall Street Journal quoted Australian naval officer Commander James Lybrand,
as doubting that the second set of pings was from the plane’s cockpit voice recorder or flight data beacons

The Ocean Shield is the ship that has been primary in all the underwater searches
& it's commander James Lybrand doesn't even believe the pings were from MH370.
Makes me wonder if Agnus Houston knows what he is doing.

Excerpt from Wall Street Journal ... 12 May 2014 by Daniel Stacey, WSJ ...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Doubts Raised Over Some Pings Thought to Be From Plane

Searchers Focus on April 5 Signals as Confidence Fades Over April 8 Detections

Searchers preparing to resume the underwater hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 increasingly suspect that some of the electronic signals detected last month didn't come from the jetliner's black-box flight recorders, a senior Australian naval officer said.

The doubts - based on further acoustic analysis of the transmissions by Australian authorities over recent weeks - represent another potential setback in the two-month-old operation. An initial underwater search in the southern Indian Ocean has already failed to find any sign of the missing plane, while a costly air-and-ship search of the ocean's surface turned up only garbage.

Authorities in April clung to hope that electronic transmissions picked up by Australian naval vessel ADV Ocean Shield on four occasions on April 5 and April 8 would provide a breakthrough in the search. But authorities are increasingly considering only the two transmissions on April 5 as relevant to the search, Australian naval Commander James Lybrand, captain of the Ocean Shield search vessel, said in an interview late last week. Further analysis of the streams of signals detected three days later on April 8 has led authorities to doubt that they were from a man-made device, Cmdr. Lybrand said.

Each of the transmissions on April 8 were intermittent and at a frequency of around 27 kHz—much lower than the 37.5 kHz frequency that beacons are designed to emit, and also lower than the 33.3 kHz frequency of other transmissions on April 5. "As far as frequency goes, between 33 kHz and 27 kHz is a pretty large jump," Cmdr. Lybrand said.

The Joint Agency Coordination Center, the Australian agency leading the search, didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on Cmdr. Lybrand's remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876