Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what happened.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...3903086282.html?mod=_mst_param_LINKMODPREFIX_

That one should work. If you go to WSJ's site and click on the "World" section, the headline is: U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Flew On for Hours. It is located under the larger headline of: "Malaysia Officials Say They Received No Engine-Monitoring Data," ironically lol.

Image from article
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/widerRange_WSJ_zpscb3497a1.jpg.html][/URL]

ETA...
2nd image:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/FDR_WSJ_zps453d5ef7.jpg.html][/URL]

...(snipped)...

You can stand at the cockpit doors and look in (and even be invited to sit down), on most flights, BEFORE the plane takes off. Even post 9/11.

I know this because due to my fear of flying (which used to be a phobia), I often ask to talk to the pilots, ask them about weather conditions, possible turbulence, etc., before I sit down. They have ALWAYS been gracious and allowed that. The cockpit is open before the flight takes off. The pilots and flight attendants are very accommodating and friendly. I can easily see them allowing a reporter to pose for photo in the cockpit before takeoff and that should nt be against policy, unless perhaps all the controls are shown.

...(snipped)...

bbm

OT: You and me both. I went years without flying after a very scary flight that almost went down in a tornado. I even got on a plane at Dulles to fly to Atlanta once, had a panic attack before we left the gate, and ran off the plane. And my luggage DID go on to Atlanta on the plane while I rented a car and drove. That has been about 20 yrs ago, and I've flown many times since then, including internationally. Sometimes with the help of Xanax... The Fearless Flyer's Handbook is what really helped (and being reassured by crew).

Deep distrust between Asian neighbours and sensitive security issues are jamming essential communication lines in the chaotic hunt for a Malaysia Airlines plane, analysts said Thursday.

Bickering between Malaysia, China and others involved in trying to solve the baffling weekend disappearance of the jet has exposed longstanding tensions and prevented a coordinated response, they said.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/distrust-adding-malaysian-jet-confusion-analysts-181507988.html

Theories..
Most hopeful bbm...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...t-mh370-the-leading-theories/article17476999/
"The plane flew for four hours after radar contact was lost

The Wall Street Journal reported a new theory on Thursday morning. It claimed that even after manual communication with the plan was lost, automated and routine data transmissions from the plane’s engines to their manufacturer Rolls Royce continued to be received for several hours. If true, that could mean the plane travelled 3,000 kilometres from its last known point. Unfortunately, these transmissions contain only data concerning the engines’ performance – not location. In either case, Malaysian authorities have dismissed the possibility these data transmissions actually occurred.

Expanding this theory leads investigators to consider the possibility that the plane did not crash, but landed safely at an undisclosed location “with the intention of using it later for another purpose,” according to an investigator quoted in the WSJ report".

Former FAA Director says doubt it crashed but was hijacked and brought somewhere

I hope no one is planning an attack while our ships & satellite capabilities are all out in the Indian Ocean.

Deep distrust between Asian neighbours and sensitive security issues are jamming essential communication lines in the chaotic hunt for a Malaysia Airlines plane, analysts said Thursday.

Bickering between Malaysia, China and others involved in trying to solve the baffling weekend disappearance of the jet has exposed longstanding tensions and prevented a coordinated response, they said.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/distrust-adding-malaysian-jet-confusion-analysts-181507988.html

Hoping these countries work together and improve communications for the good of all people.
The frantic families of the missing depend on the leaders to come together to do just that.
Even scarier than one group hiding info from the others, would be if nobody knows anything at all! jmo.

If it was hijacked and landed safely somewhere. What would they do with all those people. I would think those people would overpower the hijackers.

I am hoping they landed somewhere are all safe. Watching the wife of one of the passengers last night was heartbreaking.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

All of those planes!

(I never want to fly again. I hate it anyway, but I don't want to, ever!)

Exactly! That's one reason I think plane was either hijacked or crashed way out to sea far from land (believe former more). Everyone and their brother who have flown over past days are looking for any signs. Nothing has washed up anywhere. Very odd IMO.

Also being hijacked makes a lot of sense why Malaysia government has seemed so inept, the international implications are very real. Again, IMHO.

malaysia just said they believe they have pings that support the idea that the plane flew for another 4-5 hours. they had been denying this last i had seen, now they agree with the WSJ report it appears.

just reported on CNN.

malaysia just said they believe they have pings that support the idea that the plane flew for another 4-5 hours. they had been denying this last i had seen, now they agree with the WSJ report it appears.

just reported on CNN.

Yes heard that too... or so CNN says they admit this. Wonder if they mean US investigators.

Live on CNN...now Malaysia says they may have data that the plane flew another 4-5 hours.
To confuse things more, there is supposedly no data that there was any impact anywhere. (That doesn't mean there wasn't an impact, just that they have no data to indicate it).

jmo

Has the new World Trade Center in New York opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme