Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were pings to the cell phone tower on Kota Bharu. I remember reading about it early on in the investigation.

Oh wow! I don't remember reading that. One would think they already have this information then. Maybe this is why they keep talking about searching Malacca Straight and the Andaman Sea. :waitasec:

BirnQGVCAAEZ0It.jpg

#MH370 This is latest and most accurate flight path and the reason why the search is now where it is.

https://twitter.com/sgify/status/444421777280614400/photo/1

Satellite Data Reveal Route of Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

The automatic pings, or attempts to link up with satellites operated by Inmarsat PLC, occurred a number of times after Flight 370's last verified position, the people briefed on the situation said, indicating that at least through those five hours, the Boeing Co. 777 carrying 239 people remained intact and hadn't been destroyed in a crash, act of sabotage or explosion.

Malaysia Airlines said it hadn't received any such data. According to Boeing, the plane's manufacturer, the airline didn't purchase a package through Boeing to monitor its airplanes' data through the satellite system.

Malaysia Airlines said Friday that it has the required maintenance program in place for its Boeing 777, without elaborating.

If the plane remained airborne for the entire five hours, it could have flown more than 2,200 nautical miles from its last confirmed position over the Gulf of Thailand, the people said.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...80350?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories&mg=reno64-wsj

I checked Malaysia Airlines and they do have planes that offer a variety of cell phone and internet services:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/mh-experience/first-class.html

Communications and connectivity
Your in-flight entertainment controller doubles as an air-to-ground phone. Make calls or send text messages to anywhere using your credit card. You can also call your friends on the same flight.

I checked Malaysia Airlines and they do have planes that offer a variety of cell phone and internet services:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/mh-experience/first-class.html

Communications and connectivity
Your in-flight entertainment controller doubles as an air-to-ground phone. Make calls or send text messages to anywhere using your credit card. You can also call your friends on the same flight.

This plane was not outfitted with the mobile device neccessary

I wonder if they are checking Diego Garcia? I believe it's a little over 2,000 miles from Malaysia

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia"]Diego Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The transponder was switched off 30 minutes after the final voice communication from the cockpit, around the same time that Malaysia believes the plane may have inexplicably started to turn back, the Washington Post said.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward the Andamans and investigators were focusing increasingly on the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight, Reuters reported, citing unidentified sources.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

This plane was not outfitted with the mobile device neccessary

I remember reading that but thought that this was a big 777, at least I would think this plane would have that capability over their smaller fleet.

ok so not near Japan where the earthquake was....

you know after all of this, it probably is where it went of the radar in the sea...

I tend to agree with you. I am leery of all the hijacking theories, basically i don't see any purpose to it without a claim of responsibility and some sort of demand (im no believer in them using it some other time, they could easily have hijacked a plane at the time of need) Pilot suicide is possible but unlikely from what we know of these pilots so far. An electrical fire seems likely in the comms panels quite possible one burnt out internally befoer a second did but wouldn't they have extringuished it>

I am stumped. The one thing i am sure of is they don't know it landed and whoever said that was just speculating unless they have a demand and are keeping it quiet which i don't sense.

It has been verified that this plane did not have that capability.

I don't believe them

I can do that target marking too.. Someone get me my spirograph!!!!!

Come on. The whole thing is insane. I wish they would all just come out and say " WE HAVE NO FLIPPING IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLANE! We are just going to have all surrounding countries start looking in their provinces.. "

This is really starting to look like a hijacking to me. And it wouldn't have to be a particularly sophisticated one if the pilots were in on it. Who knows for what though... theft of cargo or a particular passenger(s). I remember after 9/11 it was theorized that terrorists may one day steal a plane and load it up with explosives or nuclear material, shadow another plane as to hide from radar or just spoof another planes transponder and arrive to an airport early and well once anyone on the ground was the wiser it would be too late (sounds crazy, but so would terrorists hijacking a plane to fly into buildings prior to 9/11). Any of those reasons would explain why no organization has taken responsibility, if this is what happened.

And the government might be starting to think the same with the search expanding to nearby islands. Either way with how the transponders were cut off, some type of human factor with nefarious plans looks to be almost a given at this point.

In Washington, one senior administration official said the signals came from the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), with which planes maintain contact with ground stations using radio or satellite signals. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, said Malaysian authorities shared the flight data with the administration.The fact that the signals did not reveal the plane’s location suggested that it came from the engine.

snipped
Citing sources familiar with the investigation, it reported that the plane was following a route between navigational waypoints — indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training — when it was last plotted on military radar off the country’s northwest coast.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c9f05c-ab64-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_story.html

Thank You . I was just wondering was this event recent or the day the plane was last heard from. So this event happened just after losing contact with plane. At the depth of the sea right there, could the plane have hit the bottom forcefully enough to cause a seismic event? Seems the water would slow it down and it would drift to the bottom. I am far, far from knowledgeable about that kind of thing though.

Yes 2.55 am Saturday is where the flight ought to be. Considering the water depth there is not more than 100m I think it would be possible to detect a seismic reading. But IMO its not the plane judging by current event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro