Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the video we have seen taken of the girls in the cockpit partying...I don't think they followed protocol. Seems it did not take much for someone to schmooze their way into their pilot pit. ;)

I think it was the co-pilot of MH370, on another flight with a Different pilot, where the girls were photo'd in the cockpit w/ him. I don't think it was with the same pilot as MH370,

so it's the co-pilot (and whatever pilot he was with on that flight w/ the girls), that might not be as big on following protocol, not necessarily the same pilot as the missing plane. The Pilot of MH370 might be one for following protocol, and might enforce the same with his co-pilots...(unless I've misinterpreted what I read and it was the same pilot on the flight with the girls, but I don't think so...)

From http://abcnews.go.com/International...ical-aviation-maneuvers-law/story?id=22922961

"In recent days the Malaysian government has been criticized for not sharing information earlier with international investigators.

A senior Western law enforcement official told ABC News today that the Malaysian government repeatedly turned down assistance from Interpol to assist in its investigation. That offer has since been repeated several times and declined each time.

"It's the old pre-9/11 approach: close-hold information, don't share anything," the official said."

If you asked me honestly it would mean the Malaysian authority really knows from the beginning that it was an inside job, no need to bring in Interpol.

Why would a pilot ever want or need to disable a black box unless for nefarious reasons? That tells the story about what happened to their plane.

They wouldn't - I meant to depressurize the cabin. And I was thinking about the transponder - I got confused because I think the poster meant the transponder - the black box wasn't turned off.

Does anyone think the two men who bought stolen passports from a Mr Ali in Thailand and were on this plane, had anything to do with its disappearance? They had one way tickets.

I saw this on a repeat of a television announcement today.

No, I don't believe they were involved at all.

Is this photo of a 777?
Because the 777 I flew on had 9 seats per row. They went 2-5-2.
And I'm pretty sure I was in economy class.

Ilove, not sure, was going by the persons description of the flight.
MH370 to Bejing. It was Dec. 2010.
I see the seats are 2-4-2 on this one, so maybe it's not a 777.
Either way would the seats not be the same on all planes for the airline?
Do they do different color schemes for different sizes of airplanes?

Can someone good with these lat/lon searches tell me where this is real quick?-

{"id":654936,"overlay_id":1275,"lat":11.577303,"lon":92.68575,"status":1,"msg":"Retrieved map ID = 654936"}
I'll upload an overview map, lat and lon are indicated with a red arrow, south end of the island. I'll upload a closeup shortly. A yellow pin at the end of the island indicates the spot.

Click to open

mayone.jpg

The cigarette smoking has not been brought up lately.

What do you guys think? I'm sure we can rule out mechanical and pilot error, or can we?

For what reasons can a pilot depressurize the cabin?

When the plane is at "normal" air pressure, I assume. Not so much actively depressurize it as turn off the pressurization. It also takes power to pressurize a cabin, so if for some reason they needed to lower power usage?

Would someone on board the flight go so far as to hold the plane and passengers (most of whom were Chinese) for ransom, being the release of Ibrahim?

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 1m
China’s Vice FM met the Malaysian ambassador & urged for “thorough & accurate information” to be provided on the missing #MH370.

https://twitter.com/cctvnews

Does anyone think the two men who bought stolen passports from a Mr Ali in Thailand and were on this plane, had anything to do with its disappearance? They had one way tickets.

I saw this on a repeat of a television announcement today.

With the latest reports and theories being broadcast today, it doesn't seem likely (at this point) they were anything but passengers, albeit illegally on board, at this time. I am also taking into consideration the reports of stolen passports being more the norm than an exception in some areas of the world. CNN also had a piece today on the black market for stolen passports, and how they can be reconfigured by some professionals in that field, or simply sold to someone bearing a likeness to the actual person.

MOO

Ilove, not sure, was going by the persons description of the flight.
MH370 to Bejing. It was Dec. 2010.
I see the seats are 2-4-2 on this one, so maybe it's not a 777.
Either way would the seats not be the same on all planes for the airline?
Do they do different color schemes for different sizes of airplanes?

Well the one I flew on had all blue seats.
And there were TV's in the seats too.

Malaysia Airlines could have switched to 777's after that photo...I don't know.

I just looked at seating charts for various Boeing 777's and the seating plans can either be 3-3-3 or 2-5-2. But there were none for a 2-4-2 seating plane.

This is a good link, it looks at different possibilities.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/22003147/scenarios-what-could-have-happened-to-flight-mh370/

It notes that if this was a terror attack it likely took years and years of planning and was possibly more in depth than the 9/11 attack.

Great article (again). I'm thinking Australian news and Wall St Journal have been consistently covering this the best (JMO).

If hijacking/terrorism (and latest reports have finally confirmed at least hijacking), this was a sophisticated sort exceeding the planning for 9/11, with advanced technology (aviation, military) in play.

From the article:

EXPERT VIEW: The extensive inside information and expertise needed to commandeer a plane for hours without detection would need an unprecedented level of pre-planning, says Gerry Soejatman, a Jakarta-based independent aviation analyst.

"If that was deliberate, we may be dealing with something beyond the mission planning for 9/11," he said.

While the southern corridor is less monitored, the northern zone would be bristling with radar. Dropping altitude to fly as low as possible would be one way to avoid detection, he said.

I believe the plane has landed, not crashed--as I believe the plane was the primary interest, not the passengers. I am praying the passengers are still alive.

Intermezzo, sometimes you have to click on the very center tile to get it to pull up (with the links to Tomnod).

I will try again- http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/654342

Snipped by me for space.

Someone above said this image was too small to be the missing plane. So, doubting Thomas here wants to know why would ANY plane be parked in the woods? How did it get here, just landed straight down, no tree tops crushed?

Was it connected with the people responsible for the disappearing plane - maybe their get away plane?

Something curious about a plane in the woods!

It's not mind-boggling. There are legitimate reasons that the person in control of the plane needs to do so that happen much more frequently than pilot suicides. Plus, a black box is only helpful after-the-fact and wouldn't prevent a crash.

What reasons would cause a need for disabling of the black box? Or the transponder? Or the acars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some guy on CNN was talking earlier about how passengers should have be using cell phones or some such nonsense. I wanted to go through the TV screen to set him straight! gaaah! They should be reading here at WS, they probably would have a better show and top ratings!

Someone on CNN did clarify the aircraft was not equipped for cell phone use.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member