Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Transponder was turned off Before the "All right, good night" making it sound a bit more ominous

The reports I've seen say the transponder was turned off one minute after the "All right, good night" transmission. If it had been turned of prior to that, Malaysia would have known there was a problem before handing the plane over to VN. Let me look for a link...I'll be back.

What makes you think the oil rig sighting is possible when radar shows that the plane was long out of the area where the oil rig guy could have seen it and still being picked up by radar hours afterward? Do you distrust the satellite and radar data?

Only hope for an answer.

The news has changed so many times, and so rapidly over the few - yet excruciatingly long - days, that I go back to that as an answer.

Electrical failure/malfunction would make sense in that answer. The logs of flying here, there, and everywhere, get a bit hard to believe, unless a plane can fly in random directions after such a flame burst. Nothing else is logical, other than take over.

Only hope for an answer, for those families, for anyone.

Not at all logical. What we are told, makes no sense either.

What I was suggesting is that there was no need for hijackers on board, if something is pre-programmed or remote controlled. A range of people have access to the planes in maintenance, inspection, calibration and all manner of things I'd have no idea about. People who are plotting things look for this access, and act when ready.

Yesterday or the day before there were reports that the investigation was focusing on the crew of the plane and anyone who had access to it (e.g. maintenence workers). They seem to have moved away from that to say they're focusing on the pilots today.
Who knows that they'll be focusing on tomorrow!!!

My research is starting to scare me!

"Running amok" is used to refer to the behavior of someone who, in the grip of strong emotion, obtains a weapon and begins attacking people indiscriminately, often with multiple fatalities.[13] An episode of amok may be triggered by a period of depression or highly aggressive behavior. The slang term going postal is similar in scope. Police describe such an event as a killing spree. If the individual is seeking death an alternate method is often suicide by cop.

Amok is often described as a culture-bound (or culture-specific) syndrome,[14][15] which is a psychological condition whose manifestation is strongly shaped by cultural factors. Other reported culture-bound syndromes are latah and koro. Amok is also sometimes considered one of the subcategories of dissociative disorders (cross-cultural variant)."

"Amok originated from the Indonesian word mengamuk, which when roughly defined means “to make a furious and desperate charge”.[5] According to Indonesian culture, amok was rooted in a deep spiritual belief.[6] They believed that amok was caused by the hantu belian,[7] which was an evil tiger spirit that entered one’s body and caused the heinous act. As a result of the belief, those in Indonesian culture tolerated amok and dealt with the after effects with no ill will towards the assailant.[8]

Although commonly used in a colloquial and less-violent sense, the phrase is particularly associated with a specific sociopathic culture-bound syndrome in Malaysian culture. In a typical case of running amok, an individual (often male), having shown no previous sign of anger or any inclination to violence, will acquire a weapon (traditionally a sword or dagger, but presently any of a variety of weapons) and in a sudden frenzy, will attempt to kill or seriously injure anyone he encounters and himself.[9] Amok typically takes place in a well populated or crowded area. Amok episodes of this kind normally end with the attacker being killed by bystanders or committing suicide, eliciting theories that amok may be a form of intentional suicide in cultures where suicide is heavily stigmatized.[10] Those who do not commit suicide and are not killed typically lose consciousness, and upon regaining consciousness, claim amnesia.

A widely accepted explanation links amok with male honor (amok by women is virtually unknown).[12] Running amok would thus be both a way of escaping the world (since perpetrators were normally killed) and re-establishing one's reputation as a man to be feared and respected. Some observers[who?] have related this explanation to Islam's ban on suicide, which, it is suggested, drove Indonesian men to create circumstances in which others would kill them.

Running amok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That sounds like the same phenomenon found with U.S. mass shooters and Chinese stabbers - I agree it's a culture-bound thing, but it doesn't sound unique to Malaysia or like it affects some large portion of the population.

As to the hacking theory, it's really that "easy" to preprogram a plane to fly itself accurately between radars at the right times? I know it is possible to mess with a plane or anything with a computer system, but if it were so simple to make it take such complex actions without detection or the ability to be overridden, wouldn't hackings (of both aircraft and other networks) be more out of control than they already are? I believe that network-based terrorism is the terrorism of the future, but I didn't think it was quite that feasible yet.

Some people have posted compelling Tomnod tiles which have been enhanced. They are on a Facebook page so I dont think I can link.

If this was a planned thing, then a lot of people at the airport are involved. Anyone from maintenance, security, check-in, ground crew, flight crew. Would those people really risk their jobs to disappear a plane?

Question about satellite pings:
Does anyone know whether more than 1 satellite could have registered those pings from the plane? I saw something today (don't have a link sorry) that Malaysia has requested satellite data from other countries. If one of those other satellites recorded the final ping they could definitely pinpoint the location of the plane when that occurred.

I also find it interesting that they're switching to primarily land-based searching. Even though it's hard to believe, I'm convinced this plane landed somewhere. I think someone stated here also that the last ping could have come while the plane was grounded (if it was still powered).

If it didn't land then I think it was shot down (I'm speculating somewhere over or near China).

All JMO.

BBM ~ There are 4 satellites on earth - which imo, this needs to be fixed to have 1 global GPS! :banghead:

I3-satellite-coverage.jpg

I do believe it has landed still from this morning. ;)

What makes you think the oil rig sighting is possible when radar shows that the plane was long out of the area where the oil rig guy could have seen it and still being picked up by radar hours afterward? Do you distrust the satellite and radar data?

Only hope for an answer.

The news has changed so many times, and so rapidly over the few - yet excruciatingly long - days, that I go back to that as an answer.

Electrical failure would make sense in that answer.

The logs of flying here, there, and everywhere, get a bit hard to believe. Unless exploded parts can still communicate to radar or what have you. Or news is running haywire with suggestion, much like this board or any other.

Would take over mean turning randomly at every chance?

Only hope for an answer, for those families, for anyone.

Not at all logical.

The reports I've seen say the transponder was turned off one minute after the "All right, good night" transmission. If it had been turned of prior to that, Malaysia would have known there was a problem before handing the plane over to VN. Let me look for a link...I'll be back.

In the press conference I saw live today it was clearly stated BEFORE

ETA see age 28 and 29 last thread, time of presser

So IF the engine data is correct, or close to correct, does anyone know if a descent that rapid would cause cabin decompression/ basically could anybody survive that sort of speed?

BBM ~ There are 3 satellites on earth - which imo, this needs to be fixed to have 1 global GPS! :banghead:

I3-satellite-coverage.jpg

I do believe it has landed still from this morning. ;)

It's not possible to cover the entire surface of the earth with one satellite because the earth isn't flat. Signals don't curve, they go in straight lines, up to the satellite and back down to the receiver.

.....the Boeing 777 is not the first jumbo jet to go missing. In 2003, a Boeing 727 went missing on a flight from Angola to Burkina Faso. The plane disappeared in the wake of an intelligence warning about al-Qaeda planning a suicide aerial attack on the U.S. consulate in Karachi. A worldwide search for the missing plane went nowhere and, despite FBI and CIA investigations, eventually the case faded from the headlines. Of course, that Boeing disappeared with only the pilot on board, rather than with a full complement of passengers.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/03/16/malaysian-plane-not-first-missing-boeing/

It's just not making sense, I agree with you about the pilot. I can understand him being upset but to take to this is not adding up to me. The other thing is that to me he would have crashed it into something/place to make his opinion known. Why fly the plane to nowhere?

Seems to me to be some kind of an extreme joyride. Like his 'last hurrah'.

Some people have posted compelling Tomnod tiles which have been enhanced. They are on a Facebook page so I dont think I can link.

I only see one photo on tomnods Facebook. But it's a cool comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was a planned thing, then a lot of people at the airport are involved. Anyone from maintenance, security, check-in, ground crew, flight crew. Would those people really risk their jobs to disappear a plane?

Why would there have to be many people involved though? could just be the pilot no?

Yes, if they can prove a point, such as expose a corrupt government and make history?

Right.
They didn't know each other before this flight.
I believe they were just asylum seekers.

I understand the suspicions that people have based on the two having stolen passports and the plane has now vanished. But I don't see it as suspicious. We have since learned that using stolen passports is common there, whether it's for nefarious reasons or not.

If I wanted to escape my country for whatever reason, and I didn't want anyone to find me, I'd use a stolen passport too.

I understand the two did not know each other before the flight but curious how they got to know each other after tickets were bought by Mr Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214