Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted this on the last thread, but I am not finding it yet.
It was this kind though-

Life_rafts_rental.jpg

if you google Boeing "life raft" and click on images you get this

Just a thought, do we know ACARS was actually working when the flight left the airport?

No, we don't.
So it's possible ACARS wasn't even on at all!
Would there be any way for ATC to know if ACARS was disabled before the plane took off? Or maybe an alarm in the *advertiser censored* pit?

So, if this was a hijacking then the general consensus seems to be that it would be a long time in the planning, possibly years.

If this was Pilot suicide could this be done on a whim or would it also require a fair whack of time to plan?

I don't know the answer to your questions but how many of you have reached under your seat and tried to figure out where the life jacket is? We get so many instructions on fastening our seat belt and putting on our oxygen mask but I have yet been told how you get the life jacket out from under your seat. Is the bag taped or something?? Seems we all know how to buckle our seat belt by now but more importantly...tells us more about the life jacket.

Just last week I watched about 10 different safety videos.
They were in a collection because they were very clever.
(New Zealands had characters from "The Hobbit", Virgins was a collection of animated movie themes, Air Mexico was done "Tela Novella" style,one had a Christmas Holiday theme. One, I think Delta had a hilarious 80's themed video).
So I DO know how to access my life vest after watching it 10 times :giggle:

It was on happyplace or someecards....

ETA- This was BEFORE MH370 disappeared. I wonder if anyone on that flight happened to watch it too :(

I know panthera! I want to hear the voice recording myself and you guys :grouphug: and analyze the tone of the voice etc.

Exactly. Merely reading the words does nothing for me, no matter who spoke them!

I believe most of us here have been spoiled by being able to listen to 911 calls, for example, in various cases.

:)

No, we don't.
Would there be any way for ATC to know if ACARS was disabled before the plane took off? Or maybe an alarm in the *advertiser censored* pit?

I don't think they would report it was disabled if it was not even on. idk

Not crazy town. Heard last night they said the route could have been pre-programmed before the flight even took off.

OK... for all those on the crazy town route - The flightplan was almost certainly pre-programmed before the flight took off, into the FMC (Flight Management Computer). That's NORMAL (Except for the flight plan here would be programmed in as a "Plan B" basically...)

Now - for the ultra crazy town people... the ones who think this was remotely controlled...

I've heard rumor and its just that, rumor, that this plane can do it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_EC-130

Its an electronic warfare version of the C-130 Hercules Transport plane. One of the conspiracy theories surrounding 9-11 has one of these flying overhead the twin towers at the time...

Now as I said, I think this is totally crazy town and apart from feeding the conspiracy theorists some scraps, I'm not encouraging or suggesting any of this is realistic...

So, if this was a hijacking then the general consensus seems to be that it would be a long time in the planning, possibly years.

If this was Pilot suicide could this be done on a whim or would it also require a fair whack of time of planning?

I'm thinking it could be done on a whim, after the events that day regarding him attending the trial and agree with Jilly:

Seems to me to be some kind of an extreme joyride. Like his 'last hurrah'.

If this was Pilot suicide could this be done on a whim or would it also require a fair whack of time of planning?

I don't think pilot suicide would take as much planning as a hijack scenario. Because of the amount of work that went into making this plane disappear, I'm not going with a pilot suicide theory as of yet.

The pilot could have just crashed into the ocean right after take-off if he wanted to kill himself. I can't see him disabling everything and then flying around for hours before crashing somewhere. It just doesn't fit.

Just last week I watched about 10 different safety videos.
They were in a collection because they were very clever.
(New Zealands had characters from "The Hobbit", Virgins was a collection of animated movie themes, Air Mexico was done "Tela Novella" style,one had a Christmas Holiday theme, one, I think Delta had a hilarious 80's themed video).
So I DO know how to access my life vest after watching it 10 times :giggle:

It was on happyplace or someecards....

Do tell!!

if you google Boeing "life raft" and click on images you get this

Thanks.On Tomnod, people are tagging grey coloured rectangular objects as well as the orange ones in the above picture. I think they are doing this on the assumption that people would use the slides from the plane as rafts, but I wondered if that is possible on the 777 (do the slides detatch from the aircraft so you can use these).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i01gGMh9IIU/TgD-CD0gsQI/AAAAAAAAJrU/5t-jKi4OhX8/s1600/s7.jpg
I think I answered my own question! Tomnod is piling up these potential sightings.

No, we don't.
They said it was shut off approximately 12 minutes prior to 1:21am. But I saw another article question if it was off before it left the ground since the flight took off at 12:41am. That is a tight window.

The plane’s transponder, which sends tracking signals to air traffic controllers, was disabled at 1:21 a.m., about a dozen minutes after ACARS was disabled, making it difficult to monitor the plane’s movements through the usual means.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/17/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html

I don't know the answer to your questions but how many of you have reached under your seat and tried to figure out where the life jacket is? We get so many instructions on fastening our seat belt and putting on our oxygen mask but I have yet been told how you get the life jacket out from under your seat. Is the bag taped or something?? Seems we all know how to buckle our seat belt by now but more importantly...tells us more about the life jacket.

Unless a plane's flight path involves going over water for a prolonged period of time, the safety video/talk won't mention the life vest/cushion thing. I vaguely remember being told how to access the flotation device when I flew to Argentina and possibly on the flight to Nicaragua.

But I don't remember now to access it now.

"It would be bizarre to destroy your asset by running out of fuel and crashing it anonymously into one of the oceans or a land mass without declaring what the point of the exercise is.

http://news.sky.com/story/1226767/missing-plane-may-have-sent-signals-on-ground

Yes! the whole thing about any theory of it being deliberate is that there was no declaration as to the point of it -unless it's the pilot and he just thought we'd figure it out. And then maybe the point is to be in headlines, to be a mystery and to be a mystery solved by investigation of a huge scale, this way you're being heard and everyone is out there looking and enormous attention is drawn

It was my understanding the two tickets were purchased at at travel agency by Mr. Ali the day before the flight. That would not give them much time to get to know each other, even if they met that day, aside from the photo of them together.

MOO

The photo was two seperate photos..................

If this was Pilot suicide could this be done on a whim or would it also require a fair whack of time to plan?

With the experience this pilot had, it would appear he could have pulled it off with little or no planning. For him, it would just be a matter of timing to sign off with the Malaysian ATC and before handing off to Vietnamese ATC in order for the ATCs not to be the wiser.

MOO

I think determining who said "Alright, Good Night!" is very crucial. The transponder was turned off before that was uttered so unless both pilots were ok with turning it off, whomever said that was most likely in control unless a terrorist was involved. And some of the "experts" on CNN said that you can't turn off the transponder and not know it. It will let you know by flashing a lot of data, warnings on the screens just to the right of the pilot. Last night at the PC it seemed they were leaning towards the pilots not a suspicious passenger terrorist.

I'm convinced it's misinformation that the transponder was turned off before, rather than after the voice transmission, but setting that aside, it is definitely important to determine who the speaker was - especially if it was neither of the pilots.

I'd like one of our pilot friends to clarify if they can - where exactly is the hatch door for the ACARS system. Some reports I've seen say it's actually in the cockpit covering a hole in the floor that contains the electronics, other reports say it's accessible from elsewhere in the plane and the pilots may not have been aware it was turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member