Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder the same as you perhaps a private jet couldn't hold the weight of what was in the cargo hold or travel far enough to get to the required destination. Perhaps a private plane isn't suitable for what they have planned next which is a big worry.
Did the Malaysian airlines interview the workers who load the planes?
Wondering if anything looked off? Any strange cargo, etc.

Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim condemned on Tuesday speculation that the captain of a missing Malaysian airliner -- a member of Anwar's party -- may have been driven by political motives to sabotage the plane.

Describing Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah as a "decent man", Anwar said he was "disgusted" by what he saw as an attempt to smear the pilot and somehow implicate the opposition leadership in the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/malaysias-anwar-disgusted-missing-plane-speculation-020017546.html
I'd like to know how much his at home flight simulator cost?
Was he practicing for a flight test? Or something nefarious?

Exactly !! there was mention about having some ''ground'' assistance early on and then silence. It sure seems clear to me that caterers, cabin groomers etc could have easily stashed hard drives, weapons or whatever onto the plane.

Without the plane ,how do the know the flight path was programed into the Flight management system?

Either they have a way to find out more information or they dont...

We've gone over this at length in the previous thread before this one (I know, they're moving insanely fast!)

About 3-4K total...

He was a qualified, certified and approved Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority examiner and he was also an instructor with Malaysian Airlines.

The simulator has nothing to do with this.

We've gone over this at length in the previous thread before this one (I know, they're moving insanely fast!)

About 3-4K total...

He was a qualified, certified and approved Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority examiner and he was also an instructor with Malaysian Airlines.

The simulator has nothing to do with this.

You responded before I could respond and say "Let's Ask Derryn!" You are quick!
So his simulator likely cost less than 1/10 of what your simulator cost, to put it in perspective.

Your simulator is way better... no offense to pilot Shah.
My kids were like :thud: when I showed them your simulator. :giggle:

Just to wrap up a loose end, while they may have facilities at other locations, the headquarters for Boeing are and have always been located in Seattle, Washington. If you're ever there, take the Boeing tour. It's great!

As Derryn mentioned before Australia has a RAAF base in Malaysia. I'm not sure if that would mean they have their own radar or if they would use Malaysia's military radar. I'd guess we would have our own though.

*HAD* a RAAF Base - Its now in full control of the Royal Malaysian Air Force

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMAF_Butterworth"]RMAF Butterworth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Are you asking where Boeing is located, or why aren't they commenting???

Boeing has a huge plant here in Charleston SC, and probably others. My roomie is a mechanic there.

I'm sure this is being investigated there is a rumour the cargo on the plane wasn't security scanned. I am sure they are interviewing the ground staff but they may have been bribed or won't tell the truth for fear of being arrested or losing their job.

BBM ~ I would add:

Canada, Australia, England, (EU countries), Japan, Russia to this list also. :seeya:

I think 'lax' security is a perception thing ... either that or they're inconsistent. I'm harmless and I've been frisked, questioned intently - I must have that look of suspicion. I don't feel that I've ever encountered 'lax' security, either before or after Sept. 11th and that includes European and Canadian airports.

Hand over to Vietnam ATC?

Just catching up again.....and yes I have read (will try and find the link put have posted it already...somewhere, back there < ) that what was said was
"now we have to turn you over to Vietnamese ATC" or very similar...

also re the opposition party.....by all accounts they are a peaceful party and better than what the party that is in there now is..........who are supposedly corrupt.......Anwar Ibrahim would probably win as he is very popular (hence the charge against him supposed to be from him being set up, and the acquittal being overturned from this govt again) and that is why there have been civil riots, as a lot of the people want a good government in.

He was to run in a by election, but now can't........suss or what!!

so I don't think anyone is saying he is a political extremist (the pilot that is)....not in the way you are thinking...........he was a fervent supporter of the opposition party who are (apparently) the good guys!

this explains a lot of it...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/anwar-i...rated-by-najib-government-20140308-hvgoc.html

You responded before I could respond and say "Let's Ask Derryn!" You are quick!
So his simulator likely cost less than 1/10 of what your simulator cost, to put it in perspective.

Your simulator is way better... no offense to pilot Shah.
My kids were like :thud: when I showed them your simulator. :giggle:

Here's an idea of how far people can go with their home based sims:

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/components/b777/

That's a company that specializes in home and semi professional flight sim equipment..

I am from Toronto, and we find it very perplexing that a man who went
for a jog is missing for almost two and a half months is not found.

This is even more so perplexing that 230 people have not been found.

3 computer monitors/tv 's.@150.00
Joystick 50.00
Mouse ( 10.00
steering wheel =70.00-100.00(tops)
1 smaller monitor and computer tower 500.00
One piece of high tech gadget things (priceless) HE probably saved for it or as all all his items have cords and seem to be of the economy sort.

One press broad desk 150.00
3 plastic shelves. 20.00

The software is probably the most expensive part of what he had ,I also am willing to bet he had cheaper software,as this set up looks like he set it up for fun with his grandchildren. Plus people dont change there spending habits and if he was a top of the line big spender it would be reflected in his set up .

Prices subject to be off.

Link to photohttp://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/what-can-pilots-learn-flight-simulators-n54721

China has begun an in land search I wonder if they have any intelligence to suggest the plane may have landed in China.

(Flight MH370) China begins inland search
(13 mins ago)

China has begun searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on its own territory, state media said, citing Beijing's envoy in Kuala Lumpur.
The northern corridor projected from satellite and military radar data that the aircraft might have flown through passes through far western China, and Chinese ambassador Huang Huikang said that China had begun search and rescue operations in the area, Xinhua said.—AFP

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=47574&icid=2&d_str=

Uighur territory...

China has begun an in land search I wonder if they have any intelligence to suggest the plane may have landed in China.

(Flight MH370) China begins inland search
(13 mins ago)

China has begun searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on its own territory, state media said, citing Beijing's envoy in Kuala Lumpur.
The northern corridor projected from satellite and military radar data that the aircraft might have flown through passes through far western China, and Chinese ambassador Huang Huikang said that China had begun search and rescue operations in the area, Xinhua said.—AFP

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=47574&icid=2&d_str=

this is good news......

3 computer monitors/tv 's.@150.00
Joystick 50.00
Mouse ( 10.00
steering wheel =70.00-100.00(tops)
1 smaller monitor and computer tower 500.00
One piece of high tech gadget things (priceless) HE probably saved for it or as all all his items have cords and seem to be of the economy sort.

One press broad desk 150.00
3 plastic shelves. 20.00

The software is probably the most expensive part of what he had ,I also am willing to bet he had cheaper software,as this set up looks like he set it up for fun with his grandchildren. Plus people dont change there spending habits and if he was a top of the line big spender it would be reflected in his set up .

Prices subject to be off.

Link to photohttp://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/what-can-pilots-learn-flight-simulators-n54721

:seeya: thanks Soulmagnet

I'm sure this is being investigated there is a rumour the cargo on the plane wasn't security scanned. I am sure they are interviewing the ground staff but they may have been bribed or won't tell the truth for fear of being arrested or losing their job.

Thank you gregjrichards, I figured there would be a fear factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowan1978