Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA! I called it yesterday. On CNN, they are talking about "piggy-backing/radar shadow" another aircraft.

It is possible. :)

HA! I called it yesterday. On CNN, they are talking about "piggy-backing/radar shadow" another aircraft.

It is possible. :)

What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so bothered by the fact that we may never have answers. We've read that background checks are being carried out on all of the passengers but that some countries are slower to get those back (sorry I can't remember where exactly but I read that several threads back) But unless someone has a conviction, how can they say that someone is capable of running amok or threatening the pilots? Everyday people are quietly mad all of the time. There are three in my immediate family for example, total certifiable nutters, two of them violent, but no criminal history or medical history. And what mother/father is going to volunteer, the information that, oh, yeah, we always knew he was a bit weird, maybe it was him..

I think the U.S. and other major countries can run background checks without waiting for other countries - a lot of countries barely have records (many in places Afghanistan can't read or write, so I doubt detailed records are kept in remote villages). They aren't referring to background checks as in criminal records - I think they mean a broad look into their background. Intelligence agencies compile data on people that is far more detailed. They'll look into their addresses and families and know if anyone was flagged as being part of a terrorist organization.

What does that mean?

IIRC it basically followed another aircraft. Close enough to appear as one.
ETA I do find this theory to be a huge stretch.

Doesn't this guy look like the pilot ?

CNN even did their own side by side! I snapped this image from the TV.

Attachments

• cnn.JPG
    cnn.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 82
oh man I feel like I'm back in math class with a one of those "if one train is going so fast...and another train is going so fast...where would they meet?". Only now we are talking about a plane.

Before this last ping, where was the last location that they had tracking data from the plane? Am I correct that they have a general location of the plane for that one? Is there not a way to take that location, the approximate amount of fuel that would be left, and assuming they continued flying at "regular" speed, figure out approximately where on that arc the plane might have been at the time of this last ping? I'm not skilled in math or even have the information to do this, but just thinking it must be possible.

Just imagine that I call you and leave a message saying, "I am 500 miles from Denver." You have no way of knowing whether I am in Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, Idaho, etc. You just know I am somewhere in a circle 500 miles from Denver.

(But if I say, "I am 500 miles from Denver and 200 miles from Albuquerque", you can pretty well pinpoint my location. Unfortunately, we don't have a second ping from the plane at 8:11.)

As has been noted, the circle was narrowed to the two arcs based on other factors.

To answer your question, yes, most of us understand that MH370 should have pinged eveyr hour up to 8:11, but no info has been released re interim pings.

Which is strange: because the distance of the plane from the satellite at 2:11, 3:11, 4:11, etc., should narrow the search area, because those pings would show, for example, whether the plane was flying in a straight line or flying in circles a few hundred miles off-shore.

Yet another mystery...

sorry if this has been posted before.

MH370: No unidentified planes crossed Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan air space
Updated: March 18, 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: No unidentified planes had crossed the central Asian neighbours Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan air space on March 8, according to a report by Reuters.

With the new claim, it is unlikely that the missing Malaysia Arlines MH370 could have been diverted along a northern route via Thailand.

The jetliner could hypothetically reached Kazakhstan's air space, but it would have been detected there, the Kazakh Civil Aviation Committee said in a detailed statement.

"Even hypothetically thinking, before reaching Kazakhstan's territory this plane would have had to fly over other countries along its route, where the flight zone is also closely monitored, so we would have received information from these countries," he added.

The statement was signed by the committee's deputy head Serik Mukhtybayev.

http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-no-unidentified-planes-crossed-kazakhstan-and-kyrgyzstan-air-space-31997

Decline, decline, decline...

Why are people declining to say if he was still employed, if he would be capable of foul play, etc.?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/22025066/malaysia-police-probe-flight-engineer-on-missing-plane/

Snipped and BBM

"Khairul had said he worked for a Swiss-based jet charter firm called Execujet Aviation Group, but the company declined to say whether it still employed him."

"He declined to say whether he believed his son could have been involved in any foul play."

I'm gonna get a clicker and log how many times CNN says: "All Right, Good Night". :facepalm:

What does that mean?

Basically, MH370 could of flown very closely to another aircraft, therefore only reporting as one dot on the radar screen, and not raising any suspicions.

I called it "piggy backing". ;)

I'm so bothered by the fact that we may never have answers. We've read that background checks are being carried out on all of the passengers but that some countries are slower to get those back (sorry I can't remember where exactly but I read that several threads back) But unless someone has a conviction, how can they say that someone is capable of running amok or threatening the pilots? Everyday people are quietly mad all of the time. There are three in my immediate family for example, total certifiable nutters, two of them violent, but no criminal history or medical history. And what mother/father is going to volunteer, the information that, oh, yeah, we always knew he was a bit weird, maybe it was him..

Without knowing where MH370 is, they can look all they want. But, if it is terrorism, sifting through 239 + people's lives would take awhile, JMO.

It was clear to me, at least, that you were satirizing the conflicting and ever-broader description of the search area, not the potentially tragic loss of the plane or the suffering of passengers or their loved one.

I agree....no need to apologize to me either....I knew exactly what you were getting at and I thought it was witty!! and with all the to and froing and info put out and then refuted, and then searching in one area and then halting that and focusing on another area, I too thought what you thought: it could be in lot of places!!!!

I am going to back of this for today at least, and see if there are any updates on the news (though we here on websleuths seem to find any new info way faster than the news...well here anyway!)

Because at the moment I really do have about 4 theories in my head.....

- a mechanical fault and they have crashed into water...
- something for terrorist purposes but who, wouldn't even like to guess....
- the tech experts on board may have had info or cargo that a group want to get hold of..
- suicide by who, don't know
- or something to do with/against/for Malaysian politics...

I just cant seem to shake the feeling that it is such a big coincidence that the leader of the opposition party is jailed the day beforehand and there is a lot of unrest in Malaysia with civil revolts and many groups who want to get rid of what is supposedly a corrupt government..

And for those who have been saying: there wasn't enough time to make an elaborate plan from when he lost his court case - well I would say that there was a chance that he would lose his case, and maybe a plan had been implemented quite a while beforehand in case he did lose....

And I am not pointing the finger at the pilot: I don't think he could do this alone.....but maybe he was recruited by a group with the same political allegiance as his......or by people within Anwans own circle..........how many Malaysians were on the manifest?

The thing is: if it was to overthrow the government......how? just thinking aloud, but I just think it has something to do with Malaysia itself.....but what I don't know.......

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 50s

I'll be joining Bill Weir on CNN at 9 PM ET
, who is sitting in for Piers Morgan.
I'll be discussing Day 10 in the search for #MH370.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

This guy knows what he's talking about, worth watching in my opinion. :seeya:

"If" this was a catastrophic event how did this plane manage to fly for 7 hours. Every theory I bounce defies logic :banghead:

Thank you for replying. I somehow missed your reply earlier and wanted to thank you. And someone else also replied that stewardesses sometimes have those little drop down seats too.

Thanks so much because I never heard them called "jump seats" and that term was being thrown around a lot yesterday and I was confused what it was.

I believe the jumpseat is the fuzzy cushion in this pic on a 777.

2719363373_879f214527.jpg

Thank you, Nova! Great post, and most comprehensive writing I've read on CNN for 2 weeks (at least). :)

Thank you, but I realize I made an important error: I should have said the plane didn't have sufficient time or fuel to reach the "northwest or southwest" quadrants. Obviously, it disappeared from radar screen at the eastern point of the circle, which is why there is a gap over Malaysia itself.

Just imagine that I call you and leave a message saying, "I am 500 miles from Denver." You have no way of knowing whether I am in Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, Idaho, etc. You just know I am somewhere in a circle 500 miles from Denver.

(But if I say, "I am 500 miles from Denver and 200 miles from Albuquerque", you can pretty well pinpoint my location. Unfortunately, we don't have a second ping from the plane at 8:11.)

As has been noted, the circle was narrowed to the two arcs based on other factors.

To answer your question, yes, most of us understand that MH370 should have pinged eveyr hour up to 8:11, but no info has been released re interim pings.

Which is strange: because the distance of the plane from the satellite at 2:11, 3:11, 4:11, etc., should narrow the search area, because those pings would show, for example, whether the plane was flying in a straight line or flying in circles a few hundred miles off-shore.

Yet another mystery...

:seeya:

BBM ~ If MH370 flew around in circles, wouldn't other aircraft see or hit it?

Or, is that a not a busy airspace? For, the Indian ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth