Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We’ll be going in with ... primarily police and civilians, not military personnel,” Mr Houston told ABC television.

“I think it is going to be very important to posture a non-aggressive, non-threatening force so that nobody will interfere with it.”

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said “a number” of those in the operation would be armed to protect investigators on the site, but she would not say how many.

“But the main focus is on having police investigators, those who are expert in body identification and those who are expert in investigations, Dutch and Australian at this stage (on the site),” she told Network Ten.

She stressed that it remained a non-threatening operation.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-...ning-police-team/story-fno88it0-1227003157072

Eugene Lukovkin, a 30-year-old separatist gunman, was disposing of his grandmother’s rubbish when he saw bodies "falling like bullets".

But Lukovkin says he relaxed quickly, on realizing that it was a civilian aircraft.
“It’s a unique sound. It’s dumb, flat if it is civilian. It’s ching-ching if it’s military.”

Nine days later the cockpit is identifiable by electronics spewing from a contorted mess of debris; three of the document satchels preferred by pilots ….. And a few metres away from the cockpit, there’s a document marked “corporate safety oversight,” on which the heading reads: “A hazard or an accident – report immediately to Malaysia Airways".

Instead of loading up to attack Kiev, Lukovkin reserves his strongest condemnation for Malaysia Airways and any others who had a hand in sending the flight through this corridor.

“I feel so sorry for the dead, I don’t have words to express it. I wish the people who shot it down were here to see the suffering; the kids that we saw here – dead.”

“There was multiple looting. I’d put them up against a wall and shoot them. In the forest near here, there was the body of a woman. On the Thursday evening she had rings and jewelry; on Friday morning she had none.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/sniper-...-into-field-20140727-zxb4m.html#ixzz38diXUULa

Image from linked article posted by SouthAussie:
ahu7yzyr.jpg

This image (along with countless others) must be documented - forensically - for posterity, for history, because the "investigation" has been anything but according to SOP.

JMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried really hard not to automatically judge Putin / Russia for this mess, to not look at the issues in the Ukraine through western eyes etc .. to remain open minded and give them the benefit etc.

What little was left of that is gone.

Bring on the sanctions I say, bring it on big time.

Revenge for Sochi??

News flash there, it wasn't that damn good.

Hands up who's looking forward to visiting Russia for the next world cup?

*crickets*

Yeah, me neither.

:facepalm:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/sniper-...-into-field-20140727-zxb4m.html#ixzz38diXUULa

Image from linked article posted by SouthAussie:
ahu7yzyr.jpg

This image (along with countless others) must be documented - forensically - for posterity, for history, because the "investigation" has been anything but according to SOP.

This photo identifies the plane that went down in the Ukraine was Flight MH17 with registration-MRD (registered on 30 July 1997).

I noticed that it was similar to the other plane that went missing in March 2014 which had registration-MRO.
Some people may remember that the latter plane had a TWIN with
registration-MRI & a photo showed it parked in TelAviv back in March.

telesis.jpg

Well now there is confusion between 2 other planes ...
the one that was found in the Ukraine debris field with registration-MRD
AND the one that a passenger was supposed to have photographed for facebook with registration-MRC.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-295-aboard-7-17-2014&p=10761618#post10761618

At the above link in thread #1 message #395 I posted the photograph taken by Dutch passenger Cor
who was supposed to have boarded MH17 in Amsterdam on 2014/07/17 with his quote ...

In a reference to the disappearance of flight MH370 in March,
Mr Pan posted the picture on his Facebook page with the message:
“If the plane disappears, this is what it looks like”

source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hould-it-disappear-this-is-what-it-looks-like

But here is a blowup showing that the plane he supposedly photographed & boarded & died on
... had registration-MRC !!!

cor.png

What does it mean ??? Where is the mixup ?

Summary of registration IDs:
registration-MRO 2014/03/08 MH370 went missing
registration-MRI 2014/03 plane owned by GA-Telesis photograhed in TelAviv

registration-MRC 2014/07/17 plane photographed by Dutch passenger Cor
registration-MRD 2014/07/17 MH17 crashed

Dutch - French photographer Pierre Crom is at the location of the crash

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 49 min.

Fresh tracks of tanks on the #MH17 site

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 46 min.

Black smoke above the #MH17 crash site. Ukrainian and rebels tanks on the site

BBM

The Guardian reports:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/27/mh17-crash-site-access-ukraine-investigators

MH17: Dutch and Australian teams get greater access to crash site
Dutch-led group of 49 investigators that will attempt to recover bodies and examine site in eastern Ukraine will be unarmed

[Australian PM] Abbott said: "Today I announce that the Australian federal police will be deployed to the site as part of an unarmed, Dutch-led international humanitarian mission.

"Our objective is principally to recover the bodies. That is what the Australian people expect of us, that is what grieving families around the world deserve. Our intention, under the auspices of local people, is to take over the site to ensure that the recovery of remains can go ahead as swiftly and effectively as possible."

The decision to send in only unarmed officers has removed a substantial hurdle for Dutch and Australian authorities, as it will no longer need ratification from the Ukrainian parliament, according to Abbott.

The Australian foreign minister, Julie Bishop, had earlier negotiated with the Ukrainian government to allow unarmed Australian officers to access the site. But the proposal for them to be accompanied by armed officers threatened to keep them off the site for days while they waited for Ukrainian parliamentary approval.

============================

BBM

I assume that this is the decision that was not expected until Thursday

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 9 min.

Heavy shelling in Torez on the #MH17 site, people sheltering in basements

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 1 min.

Dutch police have finally arrived in Donetsk, but the rebels don't want them to go to the #MH17 crash site. Ukrainians making gains nearby.

BBM

David Jan Godfroid, reporter for NOS:

David Jan Godfroid ‏@djmoskou 2 min.

NL team vandaag niet naar rampgebied ivm veiligheidsproblemen

Translation

Dutch team today not in disaster area due to safety problems

BBM

Well. we kinda saw that one coming.

The fact that they are not armed, does not make a difference. The problems in this area cannot be solved by bringing in armed military police.

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 4 min

OSCE now say it's not safe to go to the #MH17 crash site because of nearby fighting. "We can't control the risks."

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 1 min

This is a downer for Malaysia, where @NajibRazak just announced a deal with rebels to give foreign teams full #MH17 site access.

BBM

Life goes on:

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 24 min

The Dutch policemen are now all eating club sandwiches. They will try and head out again tomorrow.

BBM

MH17: Unarmed Australian police stalled in deployment to crash site, as Dutch warn of dangers

July 27, 2014

HOPES Australian Federal Police officers would be deployed to the MH17 crash site in Ukraine are on ice tonight after the mission leaders said the area was too dangerous.

The first 11 unarmed officers were to have been part of a Dutch-led humanitarian mission, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said this afternoon.

While acknowledging it would be a risky mission, Mr Abbott reiterated the message that it would be a primarily police operation, with just a small military contingent.

“Our objective is to get in, get cracking and to get out,” he told reporters in Canberra.

But the Netherlands’ security and justice department tonight said the situation is too unstable for a large contingent to carry out its work.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...-warn-of-dangers/story-fnizu68q-1227002910352

WAR CONTINUES AROUND CRASH AREA

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 2 min.

Loud shelling in central Shakhtyarsk. Rebel checkpoints abandoned. Locals blocking route to #MH17 site 30km away. Big plume of black smoke.

BBM

Various sources confirm that the Dutch Cabinet will meet at 14.00 hrs today.
Local time is 13.58 hrs

@marijndt is a reporter for Nieuwsuur:

marijndt ‏@marijndt 33 min

Lijkt erop dat het Oekraïense leger met een groot offensief begonnen is, op weg naar Donetsk.

Pro Russische separatist tegen een collega: 'we kunnen de rampplek niet langer beveiligen.'

Translation:

It looks like the Ukranian army has begun a large offensive, on the road to Donetsk.
Pro Russian sparatist to a colleague: 'we can no longer protect the disaster area.'

PUTIN DOCTRINE A DANGER FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD ORDER

Nieuwsuur has interviewed eminent historian Timothy Garton Ash on the Putin Doctrine.

http://nieuwsuur.nl/video/679749-poetindoctrine-gevaarlijk-voor-de-hele-wereldorde.html

The video is in English with Dutch subtitles.

"This is not, as Chamberlain said in 1938, a far away country of which we know little...
This is a conflict that is coming right home to kill our people."

"... and for me as a historian, these are the two Europes..
the Europe we have been trying to get away from for the last 70 years
and the Europe we believe in..."

MUST-SEE VIDEO !
http://nieuwsuur.nl/video/679749-poetindoctrine-gevaarlijk-voor-de-hele-wereldorde.html

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 6 min.

Road out of #Donetsk to the #MH17 crash site now closed by rebels

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 6 min.

Just saw three Oplot tanks and two trucks of rebels drive off in the direction of the fighting by the #MH17 crash site.

Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 37 sec.

U turn for everybody who want to leave #Donetsk through the southern checkpoint, traffic jam

BBM

the lettering is coming off making it look like a C... and C has a round blue logo @ the front door that D does not

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/9M-MRC.jpg

Can you share the source that told you the lettering is coming off ?

Do you mean this logo that I have marked with a black arrow ?
It's hard to see because of the camera angle ...
just like it is hard to see the 2nd door underneath the last A in the Malaysia logo.

corp.png

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 4 min

OSCE now say it's not safe to go to the #MH17 crash site because of nearby fighting. "We can't control the risks."

max seddon ‏@maxseddon 1 min

This is a downer for Malaysia, where @NajibRazak just announced a deal with rebels to give foreign teams full #MH17 site access.

BBM

The fighting may not be all bad (well, most fighting is not good, but ... ) - it sounds as though Ukraine troops are trying to seal off the road between Donetsk and the Russian border which, in essence, should protect the investigators from activity coming by land from that direction.

Russian state news agency RIA Novosti reported Sunday that a column of Ukrainian armoured personnel carriers, trucks and tanks had entered the town of Shakhtarsk, 15 kilometres west of the site of the crash.

Shakhtarsk is a strategic town in the area. By controlling the town, the Ukrainian army would be cutting off the regional capital, Donetsk, from the highway leading to the Russian border.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1476374/p...e-cancelled-over-reports-of-donetsk-fighting/

RTL NEWS reports:

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/kiev-probeert-rampplek-mh17-te-veroveren

The Ukrainian armed forces try to recapture the area where MH17 has crashed.
Kiev hopes that the location will become accessible to the international investigators of the crash.

Reporter Albert van Deurzen - who is in the area - let know earlier that he encountered a large convoy of the Ukrainian army on the way to the disaster area.

The OSCE mentions on Twitter that the situation on the crash site is too to unsafe to go there now, and that they will be going there tomorrow instead.

Earlier, president Porosjenko called a cease fire for an area of 40 kilometres around the crash site.

BBM

Adventures in translating:
I have modified this text slightly because I find the original phrase "... the area where the MH17 has crashed on the separatists" slightly confusing.
So I left the separatists out of it. I assume it is obvious to most that the Ukranian army is fighting the separatists and that the area was under the command of the separatists until now.

I tried really hard not to automatically judge Putin / Russia for this mess, to not look at the issues in the Ukraine through western eyes etc .. to remain open minded and give them the benefit etc.

What little was left of that is gone.

Bring on the sanctions I say, bring it on big time.

Revenge for Sochi??

News flash there, it wasn't that damn good.

Hands up who's looking forward to visiting Russia for the next world cup?

*crickets*

Yeah, me neither.

:facepalm:

Yes I think it is now clear that Russia's hands are filthy in this tragedy. The incident alone was bad enough but the lies and coverups and not allowing investigators or recovery experts in is intolerable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member