Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how valuable the fingerprints will be, it's a resort. Depending on what is cleaned/how well the cleaning is done, there could be innumerable fingerprints where the family was staying. MOO.

You're right, but I think it's to rule in/out any criminals, they are checking to see if whether the prints could belong to a criminal or an outsider (assuming that means someone who was not a guest or a staff member)

I'm not sure how valuable the fingerprints will be, it's a resort. Depending on what is cleaned/how well the cleaning is done, there could be innumerable fingerprints where the family was staying. MOO.

That was my first thought as well, but I know nothing about fingerprinting. Are they able to detect "layers?" For example, Mom and Dad's fingerprints on a doorknob, but an unknown person's prints on top of them?

I'm struggling to make sense of a few of the facts.

She was sharing upstairs sleeping quarters with sister and brother but it's the father who discovered her missing.

She would not go outside without being accompanied by a family member, yet her sister believes she climbed out of the window.

Why is it the sister who discovered the open window, in the living area, and two adults didn't notice it?

I know explanations can be made for these scenarios, they are not outside the realms of possibility, but I find them to be curious details nonetheless.
I would go with what the sister says. There’s a good chance Nora does things her parents don’t know about but which her siblings do. It’s interesting that the parents won’t let the siblings talk to LE anymore. I think they’ve set their minds on the fact that she wouldn’t wander off by herself and they don’t want anyone (especially her sister and brother) to put a kink in that narrative.

So many conflicting reports in this mystery, one minute I read Nora has severe learning difficulties and the next minute mild learning difficulties.
Exactly. In the beginning, I read in one article that she is non-verbal and now one of the reports from this morning, said she could speak English and French.

Thank u for saying what I have been thinking in the back of my mind. This case is so unsettling in so many ways. With the parents wigging out on the media and their audacity at the thought of making a statement, I don’t feel very confident that Nora will be found. I am trying to put myself in the parents’ shoes but I don’t understand why this is the stance they are taking. I get they are dealing with a very horrendous situation but I am baffled.

If that photo of Nora & her mother was taken at the resort, I wonder what the situation was. Are there photos of the other two kids at the resort too with mom?

I’m really not trying to cast aspersions at the parents but a lot isn’t adding up.
OK I'm glad I'm not the only one. My thoughts on this fly far in the face of my usual "Occam's Razor" approach and at this point, it's just a gut feeling but something definitely isn't adding up. I have no reason to suspect familial involvement at this time but a lot about this case so far is atypical. My circumstantial feelings are:

- Why did the family immediately say NQ was 'abducted' and broadcast this to the media? Malaysian police said they couldn't say one way or the other but the family and their spokespeople continued to bang that drum

- Why did the parents immediately retain an attorney? I get they are in a foreign country but the behaviors since go against what you typically see

- Everything else mentioned in Blondie's quoted post

I'd also like to understand what developmental disabilities Nora specifically has. Might be helpful if others help search for her. Can she speak or or verbalize? Does she understand when people call her own name? How many ADL's can she perform - specifically transporting? I'm asking because if she is able to ambulate, you can't really say she "couldn't have" run off. It's likely she WOULDN'T have but the family has made it seem like she's almost an invalid that has no capability to do much of anything.

I'd like to understand the extent of that. I don't ever like thinking or hearing about absolutes in cases like these - i.e. - "[Missing person] would NEVER wander off". While unlikely, you can't really say never unless they aren't physically capable. The family has made it seem like NQ isn't capable but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

OK enough conspiracy theorizing - back to what we know. I'll let the Malaysian police do their job and see where the investigation leads. I do agree though the odds of finding NQ alive and well at this point are incredibly low. :(

Last edited:
AFP Malaysia‏ @MalaysiaAfp

A Malaysian diver takes part in a search and rescue operation for the missing 15-year-old Franco-Irish teenager, Nora Quoirin near Seremban on August 7, 2019. #NoraQuoirin Story: http://u.afp.com/J8LG by @patricklee_msia Pic: @rasfan

EBX4ScTUIAEaa7S.jpg

AFP Malaysia on Twitter

What do we make of the scent dogs losing her scent, just yards from the resort?

Wouldn't it make it seem as if she got in a vehicle?
I mean eventually the scent would dissipate, however, I would think that it would take a day or two and wouldn't the scent be stronger if she spent some time at a spot, like to take a rest?
Just my own, over exaggerated musings

"The CCTV at the resort too did not capture the image of the girl leaving the resort," he said.

Does that^^ mean they didn't see her leaving 'the gates' at the entrance?

Where exactly does this cctv point?

Is there a way she could have left or been taken, that would not be on cctv?

Maybe if there was a vehicle leaving after midnight or so? Or just investigate anyone leaving at night, to see if they saw anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm