Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting the photo, I wasn't sure how to do that so linked the whole article :)
I wasn't suggesting this was exactly how the window was left, more that this looks to be the only window opening to ground level and how easy it is to access. It's also the opposite side of the house to the downstairs bedroom so not likely to wake Nora's parents. I only hope she left of her own free will, after spotting a bird or animal for instance, rather than by persuasion or force :(

ETA I wondered if Nora had visited the toilet, which looks to be opposite the window, and something caught her eye when she came out? We don't know if it was still dark or after dawn when she disappeared, which could have a bearing on it, bless her
Oh no I was just detailing my own thoughts about the window, not suggesting you were suggesting otherwise.

Having read about what I can only imagine looks like armies of beetles and bugs and other wildlife like geckos scurrying across the floors at night, particularly the kitchen area which is at the bottom of the spiral staircase and also where the toilet is situated, I wonder how Nora would have coped with that if she needed to go downstairs to use the toilet. If that happened, I wonder if she would have asked a sibling to accompany her. Also if she may have tried to climb up onto the window frame to get her feet off the floor.

When I was a child, I with my family stayed in a medieval castle in Scotland for a Christmas holiday. Four poster beds and stone floors etc. My brother told me all sorts of stories about the castle being haunted when we had gone to bed, and even though I was terrified I decided I had to find my parents room and ended up in a maze of narrow unlit passageways which was just as scary. I wonder if Nora's parents would have had a system in place for Nora if she needed to get up in the night. I still want to know if any of her shoes were missing - my guess is they are not, or we would have heard about that when they described her attire and clothing being in the house. Does a sibling know something?

Nóra Quoirin search: local trackers and special forces deployed

The Malaysian authorities have been criticised in the past for inaction and even incompetence in the case of a missing foreigner - Malaysian-born Australian citizen Annapuranee Jenkins - but, in the case of Nóra Quoirin’s disappearance, a total of 267 search-and-rescue personnel have been deployed and about twenty people have been interviewed.

Sniffer dogs have not picked up any trace of Nóra other than in the immediate vicinity of the guest house the Quoirin family booked for a two-week holiday.

The Star in Malaysia reported in an exclusive on Thursday that the total number of people reported lost in the Malaysian jungle so far this year is significantly higher than in each of the past three years.

Hundreds missing

Fire-and-Rescue Department operations division director, Abdul Wahab Mat Yasin, was quoted as saying that, in the first seven months of this year, there were 252 cases of people reported missing in the jungle.

There were 191 cases in 2016, 219 in 2017, and 217 in 2018.

Abdul Wahab said that, in 2018, all the missing persons were found, whereas two of those who went missing this year had not been tracked down.

(More at link)

Am not sure about this last detail about the gate. Maybe we can find a source.

Missing Irish teen: Orang Asli community believes she is no longer in the surrounding jungle | Malay Mail

There are no security guards at the The Dusun area or proper CCTV to watch the surroundings. There are also easy exits even if the main gate is locked.

I was also told by the police on the particular day of the incident that the main gate was not locked. So it could be anyone coming in and out,” he said, adding that he hoped the police will now widen investigations into other possibilities.

Sumisha Naidu‏Verified account @sumishanaidu

Police believe Nora Quoirin left through a window at The Dusun resort where she was staying, which was found open when she was discovered missing on Sunday morning. (Photos from the police)

EBcPsw-UEAIB8wI.jpg

EBcPsxLUwAEfROS.jpg

EBcPsxAVUAAXEto.jpg

Sumisha Naidu on Twitter

What worries me about not knowing how Nora’s difficulties (for want of a better word) affect her is whether she would react as if this was an adventure or with terror - if it’s the latter then the poor girl could be absolutely catatonic somewhere and unable to hear or react. I really do feel that the use of her mother’s voice is a good idea but that it would have helped if they had done this days ago, when perhaps Nora might have been in a better state to make contact - assuming she’s out there.
I also think that the siblings should be questioned again, people often recall details later which didn’t occur in the initial shock and they might also feel bad if they know more which they haven’t said. I suspect they also know Nora somewhat better than their parents do - I believe most siblings do and that parents can see their children as younger than they are, especially if there is a “difficulty”. No offence meant, not sure how to put it another way:oops:
Really hoping for a good outcome

Hundreds missing

Fire-and-Rescue Department operations division director, Abdul Wahab Mat Yasin, was quoted as saying that, in the first seven months of this year, there were 252 cases of people reported missing in the jungle.

There were 191 cases in 2016, 219 in 2017, and 217 in 2018.

Abdul Wahab said that, in 2018, all the missing persons were found, whereas two of those who went missing this year had not been tracked down.

(More at link)

i am so grateful for all the information you are posting for us @HayLouise. This article is awfully disturbing. i wonder of all those missing then found, were found alive. seems easy to get lost there. poor Nora. i as an adult would be terrified, what on earth must be going on / did go on in her mind... (IMO)

Why wouldn't she just go through the door if she was exiting the place? And if there are no keys/locks why wouldn't an abductor/burglar just use the door?
This ^^ is what i have been thinking. why, if she was leaving of her own volition, would she not simply walk out a door rather than climb through a window. maybe the window is a red-herring and was open for air as someone else previously posted, as there is no air-con, or maybe it was used by an abductor. so many questions.
EDIT: i now see, thanks to @HayLouise, that the open window is not located in the bedroom and seems fairly large and close to the ground.

Last edited:

also from this link

Indigenous Orang Asli are helping to scour the forest in the search for the schoolgirl, and expert trackers from the Senoi Praaq special unit, which is made up mainly of Orang Asli, have been called in to assist.

The Senoi Praaq special forces were created by the British colonial authorities in 1956 as a crack unit to fight communists during the Malayan Emergency and members of the unit are legendary for their tracking skills.

And these expert trackers have been quoted as saying NQ is not in the area

also from this link

Indigenous Orang Asli are helping to scour the forest in the search for the schoolgirl, and expert trackers from the Senoi Praaq special unit, which is made up mainly of Orang Asli, have been called in to assist.

The Senoi Praaq special forces were created by the British colonial authorities in 1956 as a crack unit to fight communists during the Malayan Emergency and members of the unit are legendary for their tracking skills.

And these expert trackers have been quoted as saying NQ is not in the area
so the expert trackers possibly think she was taken / removed from the area? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads