Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 August 2019:

Rescue team to use voice recording strategy as search for missing Irish teen enters fifth day

Nilai district police chief Supt Mohd Nor Marzukee Besar said the voice recordings, to be amplified via megaphones, would include her nickname fondly used by family members.

[...]

“Our public relations officer will be meeting the victim’s family today and decide on whom among them were closest to her and for their voices to be used.

“Besides this approach, rescuers will be calling out her name throughout the search all these could help in ’jolting’ her into attention,” he told the media here today.

Meanwhile, Mohd Nor Marzukee urged those who claimed to have encountered Quoirin playing by the river near the deer pen to come forward and share their information with the police.

“The search yesterday included the river and deer pen area where she was said to be seen. We searched the area but there was nothing to indicate she was there. However, we will be there again today for a closer search,” he said.

Rescue team to use voice recording strategy as search for missing Irish teen enters fifth day | Malay Mail

8 August 2019:

District police chief Mohamad Nor Marzukee Besar said Nora's parents are to be interviewed "to find out what voice the victim would like to hear".

He added that officers would then "be using a loudhailer to call her" in the hope that she will move towards the sound.

Officers have been divided into six teams who are searching an area of jungle about 2.5 sq miles in size.

"We hope that on this fifth day we will be successful in finding the missing victim," the police chief said.

Speakers used in jungle hunt for missing girl

The Nolan Show, BBC‏Verified account @BBCNolan

On @StephenNolan today - The family of missing teenager Nora Quoirin ask everyone to keep Nora in their thoughts, and to continue to support the ongoing search for her in Malaysia. @BBCSounds 03030805555 | 81771

EBbtXoGXkAArq2g.jpg

The Nolan Show, BBC on Twitter

8 August 2019:

Search for girl intensifies

State deputy police chief Senior Asst Comm Che Zakaria Othman said there was a big deployment of 214 personnel members, including from the forensics unit, and six sniffer dogs, as well as the Fire and Rescue Department’s Storm and Scuba units.

The authorities have also deployed a helicopter and drones to look for the teenager in the dense jungle around the resort.

“We are going all out in our concerted search and rescue operation to look for Nora Anne Quoirin.

[...]

He said that so far police has recorded statements from 20 people.

Search for girl intensifies

(So many headlines don't name Nora by name, it's really irritating) :mad:o_O

8 August 2019:

How the search for missing Nora Quoirin is unfolding

In the steaming heat of the jungle, a group of rescue workers are silently praying.

Heads bowed, hands clasped, they hope that today will be the day they find Nora. It's now the fifth day of the search, but these men are still hopeful of finding her alive.

They're still searching the 12 acres around the Dusun Resort where the Quoirin family are staying, but they're steadily expanding into the dense jungle around the hotel.

skynews-malaysia-nora-quoirin_4739207.jpg

skynews-malaysia-nora-quoirin_4739205.jpg

How the search for missing Nora Quoirin is unfolding

I have been following this case from the get go. I think it is a wonderful strategy to use Mom's voice. I am torn between an abduction or the possibility that she did leave on her own accord and accidentally became lost or injured or drowned. I can only imagine what this desperate family is going through, what an absolute nightmare. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Police to use mother’s voice to draw out missing British teen | The Malaysian Insight

This article has a photo of what looks like the side of the Sora house showing a window open, I'm assuming this is the window found open when Nora's father discovered her missing. If this is the case it looks to be quite easy to climb out - or in :(

Just praying this poor girl is found alive today, she must be terrified if she's out in the jungle alone but that would be the best scenario

Police to use mother’s voice to draw out missing British teen | The Malaysian Insight

This article has a photo of what looks like the side of the Sora house showing a window open, I'm assuming this is the window found open when Nora's father discovered her missing. If this is the case it looks to be quite easy to climb out - or in :(

Just praying this poor girl is found alive today, she must be terrified if she's out in the jungle alone but that would be the best scenario
Posting the photo from the article you have linked, showing the open window next to the shed/outhouse. We don't know of course whether the window has been opened wider by police examining it for finger prints. I can see a children's play area just the other side of the house.

the_dusun_resort_nor_anne_quoirin_missing_teen_080819__full.jpeg

8 August 2019:

‘Nora darling, I love you, I’m here’: Nine words from mother played in jungle for missing Irish teen

“We’ve equipped each team with a hailer and they started using it this morning with the mum’s voice,” he confirmed at a press conference at the Pantai police station here.

Meanwhile, Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief SAC Che Zakaria Othman said the words expressed in the recording are: "Nora darling, I love you... mum is here. Mum is here, Nora darling, my love.

He said in the voice recording, Meabh sounds persuasive like how she usually talks to calm down Nora Anne.

MORE TO COME

‘Nora darling, I love you, I’m here’: Nine words from mother played in jungle for missing Irish teen | Malay Mail

Posting the photo from the article you have linked, showing the open window next to the shed/outhouse. We don't know of course whether the window has been opened wider by police examining it for finger prints. I can see a children's play area just the other side of the house.

the_dusun_resort_nor_anne_quoirin_missing_teen_080819__full.jpeg

Thank you for posting the photo, I wasn't sure how to do that so linked the whole article :)
I wasn't suggesting this was exactly how the window was left, more that this looks to be the only window opening to ground level and how easy it is to access. It's also the opposite side of the house to the downstairs bedroom so not likely to wake Nora's parents. I only hope she left of her own free will, after spotting a bird or animal for instance, rather than by persuasion or force :(

ETA I wondered if Nora had visited the toilet, which looks to be opposite the window, and something caught her eye when she came out? We don't know if it was still dark or after dawn when she disappeared, which could have a bearing on it, bless her

Last edited:
As for the parents, I completely understand their actions. I would be insisting on an abduction even if I wasn't sure as there have been previous cases where police waste time on the missing option when abduction has actually occurred instead.
Abduction is more urgent in my opinion and I'd want them concentrating on that more as well as searching for a missing person.

They said the daughter stated she saw her sister climb out, could be a simply mistralation and she said 'maybe' she went out the window. Children can feel like they need to give you the answer you want to hear.

Also it makes sense that it was the father who was the first to notice and the other children were still sleeping.

I would want to know, what time did they all go to bed and what time did the parents wake? It may have been earlier, so did they hear anything?

Also has she ever slept walked in the past?

11awvn7.jpg

It must be remembered that the rainforest in this part of the world is REALLY dense. It is said that the road leading to The Dusun is not a proper road as such. Ideally only accessible by a 4-WD. Also, it is on highly uneven terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces