Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That window does look like it would be difficult to get out of, even for a child. And yes, why chose a window? Very odd.

Just wanted to say I had a window this style, 2 of them in my room and smaller, and at 16 I was able to easily go in and out of it. I used to this to smoke joints on my roof (yes I was a wild teen lol).

The opening being at an angle would be difficult to exit. In your precious post side view, it looks like a drop down to ground, on a steep incline. JMO, it would be hard to straddle the window and drop, in just underwear, without her getting scraped up.

I think the bedroom doors were closed to the parents room to keep out the critters. Nora came down to the bathroom and encountered someone who took her. That person may have caught her coming out of bathroom, covered her mouth and walked her out the front door. I don't see an easy exit thru the window, even if she did walk off, why go thru the window when she could open the door. The doors have no locks per the website. Everyone was exhausted and just didn't hear anything. JMO

This person could have come in through the window and left by the door no? or …….

Regarding shoes, fwiw I see what I think is 5 pairs of shoes in a rather scattered fashion just outside the front door on the concrete entry.

Sumisha Naidu’s post (enlarge the first photo showing the exterior front door area)
Twitter

I'd like to know how the windows open. I wonder if you pull on it or have to crank it open.
N. would have seen the window as she came off the stairs. Maybe she saw herself reflected in the window and went to it thinking it was family.
I'd have someone who knows N. well
go through the motions she must have gone through to get out of the window and beyond. Perhaps she became disoriented when she climbed or fell out the window. What would she have done at that point? I suspect she was terrified but was unable to make out the entrance to the house. Would she have walked?

I wonder if Nora is fond of cats and/or dogs? I believe on the TripAdv site were mentions or pictures of them wandering about the grounds, perhaps belonging to the resort owners?

If she is drawn to them, perhaps she went outside early morning to see one outside their guest house.

Also, if the pets do wander freely, I hope that means the area is not likely to have wild predators that would prey on them (and so that would likewise not be a concern for Nora if she’s in the resort grounds area.)

Hi, I’ve been reading this thread but first time to post.

So the police have confirmed that N went out through the window - which matches N’s sister’s initial description. The sister clearly saw something then, why wouldn’t police look into it further? Are the parents/lawyers still wanting to shut up the kids? For what reason?

It warms my heart to see all these people so far away doing their best to find Nora
I wonder if Nora is fond of cats and/or dogs? I believe on the TripAdv site were mentions or pictures of them wandering about the grounds, perhaps belonging to the resort owners?

If she is drawn to them, perhaps she went outside early morning to see one outside their guest house.

Also, if the pets do wander freely, I hope that means the area is not likely to have wild predators that would prey on them (and so that would likewise not be a concern for Nora if she’s in the resort grounds area.)
Conversely, wondering if she encountered an unpleasant beast of some kind, (rodent, large spider ect) that scared her into scrambling to the window to get away?

Nora Quoirin mystery has chilling echoes of Madeleine McCann and Ben Needham’s disappearances, says top cop who worked on Maddie case

Child protection expert Jim Gamble compared Nora Quoirin’s disappearance to that of Madeleine and Ben Needham – who both disappeared on family holidays.

“Ultimately, the cases of children go missing abroad are so rare that we tend to know the names of all of them,” said Mr Gamble, who investigated Madeleine’s disappearance.

“This is now one of three cases that are similar…Ben Needham who went missing many years ago, Madeleine McCann who is still on everybody’s minds and now Nora.”

He spoke out as police in Malaysia released photos of a hotel room window which they say was left open at the holiday resort cottage where missing Nora was staying.

After Madeleine’s disappearance Gerry and Kate McCann were forced to hit out at the “ridiculous” theory heavy shutters found open in the bedroom where their kids were sleeping had been opened by Madeleine.

Mr Gamble now believes Brit experts should be primed to help solve the disappearance of Nora.

He says the National Crime Agency has the experience and expertise needed to help investigate what has happened to the teen.

Nora Quoirin mystery has chilling echoes of Madeleine McCann and Ben Needham’s disappearances, says top cop who worked on Maddie case - Usa Today Post

Pictures of the interior and exterior of the home were posted from this link. Please use only these photos or photos from any other MSM article:

'No positive leads' in Nóra Quoirin search

0012811b-800.jpg

00128117-614.jpg

00128115-614.jpg

Nóra Quoirin search: local trackers and special forces deployed

The Malaysian authorities have been criticised in the past for inaction and even incompetence in the case of a missing foreigner - Malaysian-born Australian citizen Annapuranee Jenkins - but, in the case of Nóra Quoirin’s disappearance, a total of 267 search-and-rescue personnel have been deployed and about twenty people have been interviewed.

[snipped]

The case of the disappearance of Annapuranee Jenkins, who went missing in Penang on December 13th, 2017, is still unsolved. Jenkins had taken an Uber and was due to visit her 101-year-old mother in a care home, but got out of the Uber ahead of her destination and has been missing ever since.

Jenkins’ relatives accused the police of inaction. Not even the Uber driver was interviewed, her relatives say, and reported sightings were not investigated.

Two of the most well-known cases of disappearance in the Malaysian jungle - that of Swiss environmental activist Bruno Manser, who went missing in Sarawak on the island of Borneo in May 2000 and that of Jim Thompson, a former American intelligence officer turned textile tycoon, remain mysteries.

Thompson went for a walk in the Malaysian jungle in March 1967 and never returned. Despite a massive search, no trace of him was ever found. On March 10, 2005, Manser was legally declared deceased.

No thread for Bruno Manser but this is Jim Thompson's thread on WS:
Malaysia - Jim Thompson, 61, Cameron Highlands, 26 March 1967

Last edited:
thats what i thought with regard to budget

unfortunately it should be a consideration when you plan to travel to place 'off the grid' or a bit under developed

I travel to 3rd world countries all the time. My kids have stayed for two months with my parents for two months there. I have wondered about travel insurance but that is about it. If that was the case, I wouldn't leave my country, honestly.

If they're certain that she went through the window, I don't see how abduction would fit. If someone were going to take her, it'd make more sense to take her out the door. Squeezing her through a relatively small window would be more likely to make a lot of noise. It also doesn't fit with her parents doing something to her. Most likely she went out the window herself, for whatever reason, and got lost in the dark and rough terrain. Just my opinion , makes the most sense considering how certain they seem that she absolutely exited through the downstairs window

im beginning to think shes been taken

could they have been followed from the airport? not a nice thought here but chosen perhaps

Not from the airport. It’s just not feasible or undetectable. You would have more luck kidnapping them at the airport than in the malacca jungle! The route to this place isn’t a nice busy road. Any car would be spotted and make a considerable noise too.

If taken, it’s a local with a grudge imo. However it is possible to never be discovered in thick jungle. I saw a post earlier of two experienced trekkers missing from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces