Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did one of the other children say that they thought she had gone out the window? Did they think that she went out of the downstairs window and if their bedroom was upstairs, were they downstairs with her, did they go out with her or did they see something on the ground floor from their bedroom which was up above? The long flight, time difference, excitement, possibly sleeping on plane or going to bed at the resort and wakening up with the heat and couldn’t sleep - I wonder if they snuck out. If they did, they could easily have split up and returned without N.
This has been discussed quite a bit already. No one really knows, but the obvious explanation, I feel, is that the parents discussed the open window in front of the children, so when the police talked to the children, they naturally proposed it.

I really, really don't think any of the family is involved in this. I know it is just an opinion, so everyone's entitled to think they might be.

Did one of the other children say that they thought she had gone out the window? Did they think that she went out of the downstairs window and if their bedroom was upstairs, were they downstairs with her, did they go out with her or did they see something on the ground floor from their bedroom which was up above? The long flight, time difference, excitement, possibly sleeping on plane or going to bed at the resort and wakening up with the heat and couldn’t sleep - I wonder if they snuck out. If they did, they could easily have split up and returned without N.
The siblings all sneaking out together sounds like a plausible scenario initially but I am sure the remaining two kids would have spoken up by now and told their parents and authorities the truth.

I thought LE were leaning towards this as there's no sign of her in a reasonable distance. Others have linked to MM articles saying they have questioned staff and are doing triangulation of mobile data, checking paedophiles in the area etc.

Her parents insist that's what happened from first day.
That and the fact that authorities have spent so much time and effort into locating her and there has been no sign of her.
It's also too early for them to come to any definite conclusion. They still don't know whose fingerprints were found in the home, do they? We don't know what other evidence they may find, either. Imo

The siblings all sneaking out together sounds like a plausible scenario initially but I am sure the remaining two kids would have spoken up by now and told their parents and authorities the truth.

Don't know we can be sure of that. They are 9 and 12. They might be top scared to say anything. And how do we know they do not have special needs..?

I thought LE were leaning towards this as there's no sign of her in a reasonable distance. Others have linked to MM articles saying they have questioned staff and are doing triangulation of mobile data, checking paedophiles in the area etc.
Yes, they are definitely searching all angles. It sounds like they are conducting a very thorough investigation.
I don't think they would consider using cell phone triangulation if there was not a possibility of abduction.
Imo

Last edited:
Following and spent the last two nights getting caught up, reading through the last 81 pages. Each time I click to the next page I've been hoping for news that would allude to a positive outcome. Don't know what to think about this case but regardless, I hope she's found as soon as possible. :(

Some questions & answers that we know so far that I've typed out, apologies for any errors, have sourced everything I could think of. Taking a break before i try to tackle more if I feel up to it.

Who is Nora?

Nora Anne Quoirin is 15-years-old, 5ft 1” tall, of slight build, with shoulder length wavy dark blonde hair and blue eyes. She is of Irish-French descent and was travelling on an Irish passport. Nora was born with holoprosencephaly and has limited balance and co-ordination. She enjoys walks with her family though has difficulty doing so. She is not independent in that she cannot manage buttons and struggles to wash her hair. At her school was she is in the process of learning to ride a bicycle (Lucie Blackman Trust, 9 Aug 2019).

What is The Dusun?

The Dusun is described as being a small nature resort with several houses located throughout their land (The Dusun). Nora and her family were residing at Sora House (Malay Mail, 10 Aug 2019). Sora House contains 1 bedroom with a double bed, 1 loft with a double and a single bed and 2 toilets.

What happened prior to her disappearance?

Nora was on holiday with her family at The Dusun resort in Malaysia, 39 miles south of Kuala Lumpur. The family travelled to Kuala Lumpur airport on 3rd August 2019. Nora, Sister (aged 12) and Brother (aged 8) travelled from Singapore with their father Sebastian meanwhile Meabh travelled in from Sydney (The Mirror, 9 Aug 2019). They arrived within 30 minutes of each other. It is unknown what time they arrived and/or not been reported in media. They took a taxi from the airport to the resort (The Times, 10 Aug 2019). According to a Dutch tourist, C, the family arrived later in the evening. They played outside for a while before retiring to bed early, at 10pm. C. also reports hearing rustling noises on the evening of Nora’s disappearance at the pool close to Sora House (AD Netherlands News, 9 Aug 2019).The family report going to bed on the Saturday night just two hours after checking in (The Mirror, 7 Aug 2019). Childrens age source: (The Daily Mail, 9 Aug 2019)

Who slept where on the night of 3 August 2019?

There has been confusion with regards to the sleeping arrangements at Sora House. The Mirror, 7 Aug 2019 reports that Nora stayed in the upstairs [loft] bedroom next to her sister and brother. The parents, then, would have slept in the downstairs bedroom. Confusion seems to have arrested after communications from deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman reporting that it was the window in the living hall downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was. It was then stated her siblings were sleeping in ‘another room’ upstairs (The Sun, 7 Aug 2019).

Excellent post Anne. However a couple of discrepancies, I noticed your post says SQ travelled from Singapore with the 3 kids...I believe he & the kids travelled from a London & MQ travelled from Singapore after visiting Sydney. Nora’s grandad said that it was an 18 hour flight. I also couldn’t find where it was stated the family went to bed on the Saturday night 2 hours after checking in? It would be great if police / Nora’s family would make a statement confirming all important details rather than leave it to media who are obviously struggling with the language barrier hence all the conflicting reports.

Mrs Quoirin had arrived from Singapore after visiting Sydney, and Mr Quoirin and the children arrived from London all within about 30 minutes of each other, according to police.Family of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, say vulnerable teen 'goes nowhere alone'

Nora's parents say they last saw her when they went to bed on Saturday night, just hours after checking in, and they discovered her missing at 8am on Sunday as their two-week holiday got under way.Police find mystery fingerprints in hunt for Brit girl, 15, missing in jungle

Negeri Sembilan state police chief Mohamad Mat Yusop said police have already made voice recordings of Nora Anne Quoirin's mother and family members. He said rescuers will play the recordings over loudspeakers while combing the dense forest surrounding the Dusun eco-resort in the southern state.

"During the search, we will play the recordings as if her mother or the family is calling her. This is another method that we will try," he told a news conference, adding it has been used before in other cases.
Mom's voice recording to play in Malaysian jungle in search for 15-year-old London girl
Oh my, why didn’t they do this much earlier in the search

Have any Government (UK, Irish etc) officials "PR" been sent over to help in the press release's what goes out and what doesn't.?
Have any (UK, Irish etc) politicians spoke about it.?
Have Sky, BBC and others deployed journalists to cover this?
Where is MSM Press apart from online.?
Why isn't this front and center in the UK!?

Why?

Have LE et al confirmed this maybe the scenario?
They are investigating sex offenders in the area and looking to see who was in the area at the time of her disappearance in order to find evidence that she may have been kidnapped.
This takes time and they would only confirm if they found evidence pointing to that direction. Imo

Excellent post Anne. However a couple of discrepancies, I noticed your post says SQ travelled from Singapore with the 3 kids...I believe he & the kids travelled from a London & MQ travelled from Singapore after visiting Sydney. Nora’s grandad said that it was an 18 hour flight. I also couldn’t find where it was stated the family went to bed on the Saturday night 2 hours after checking in? It would be great if police / Nora’s family would make a statement confirming all important details rather than leave it to media who are obviously struggling with the language barrier hence all the conflicting reports.

Mrs Quoirin had arrived from Singapore after visiting Sydney, and Mr Quoirin and the children arrived from London all within about 30 minutes of each other, according to police.Family of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, say vulnerable teen 'goes nowhere alone'

Nora's parents say they last saw her when they went to bed on Saturday night, just hours after checking in, and they discovered her missing at 8am on Sunday as their two-week holiday got under way.Police find mystery fingerprints in hunt for Brit girl, 15, missing in jungle
Brilliant, ta! Shall update, and source things I've left out. I can't fathom why I've wrote 2 there now I'm rechecking all my sources, so will edit that out on the updated one. Been trying to address more questions. But yes, definitely some conflicting media reports that I think are down to language barriers.

Investigators have questioned 20 people and said a forensic team was analyzing fingerprints found in the cottage where the girl went missing. Posters of the girl have also been circulated in the district.
Quoirin's family, which has lived in London for 20 years, arrived Aug. 3 for a two-week stay at the Dusun, a small resort located in a durian orchard next to a forest reserve 63 kilometers (39 miles) south of Kuala Lumpur.
Photos of area at link:
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/world/article233759132.html

Have any Government (UK, Irish etc) officials "PR" been sent over to help in the press release's what goes out and what doesn't.?
Have any (UK, Irish etc) politicians spoke about it.?
Have Sky, BBC and others deployed journalists to cover this?
Where is MSM Press apart from online.?
Why isn't this front and center in the UK!?

I think I read earlier that a police liaison officer had been dispatched to help them but I agree compared to another missing case there does not seem to be so much help or media attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70