Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News said that cops are investigating reports that the teen might have been spotted – as a “white woman” was apparently seen swimming in a river not far away, on Sunday afternoon.

Police have only received this information in the past few hours and are currently following it up, but are said to be unsure as to whether the eyewitness's account is correct.
Sighting of ‘white woman’ in jungle river probed by Nora cops in Malaysia

If her body was rotting as it had such a strong odor coming from it why did it look in good condition as the hiker said apart from some bruises and scratches.Surly if her body was rotting then wild animals bird etc would started to you know don’t want to say but you know what I mean.
Quite!
Right back in the beginning though, they said they couldn’t even tell the bodies gender.

I don't think it's usual to release ANY details until the PM is completed, even if the COD is obvious

I don't know, but I suspect you're right. I think they do the thorough examination, noting as they go, taking photos, swabs, samples, etc. Confer with other pathologists, and write the report and conclusions, and only then would anything be officially released.

If her body was rotting as it had such a strong odor coming from it why did it look in good condition as the hiker said apart from some bruises and scratches.Surly if her body was rotting then wild animals bird etc would started to you know don’t want to say but you know what I mean.

The odour could have been from bodily fluids released earlier in the death/decomp process? I don't think it would take long in the daytime temperatures there for that to smell pretty bad :/

Quite!
Right back in the beginning though, they said they couldn’t even tell the bodies gender.

Thinking about it, did we get an actual quote saying that? Maybe they just meant that they weren't ready to release the gender until the medical examiner had actually come to collect the body?

Sky News said that cops are investigating reports that the teen might have been spotted – as a “white woman” was apparently seen swimming in a river not far away, on Sunday afternoon.

Police have only received this information in the past few hours and are currently following it up, but are said to be unsure as to whether the eyewitness's account is correct.
Sighting of ‘white woman’ in jungle river probed by Nora cops in Malaysia

This was August 6th, no mention of police follow up and the outcome.

So sad....

Last edited:
The Autopsy shouldn’t be inconclusive they will be able to tell if she died from dehydration due the condition of her kidneys and checking her blood etc.If she was sexually assaulted or if she died by suffocation or a spider bite or snake bite.Theyll know if she died by a fall a knock to the head or by drowning.Theyll also know by her stomach contents what she was eating it might help piece together her journey depending on what grows in certain parts of the jungle.
The footprints they found in the jungle does anyone know how far the footprints went? Did they stop at the water?

I don't think "lack of footprints" means anything at all in this case. It was the jungle. Foliage. Bare feet. I've been hiking a lot in the woods and never saw footprints.

Absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence.

When deputy state police chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Che Zakaria Othman finally appeared, he said the post-mortem examination was still on-going.

He said police could not release any details as yet because of this.

“I made a decision based on the instruction of state police chief (Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop) that a statement will only be issued at a time to be advised tomorrow. There is also no new development at the scene (where Nora Anne’s body was found) that I have to report,” he told a horde of reporters who had been stationed outside the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital mortuary, some from as early as 6.30am.

Che Zakaria declined to answer any questions.

While post-mortem examinations generally take a long time, the fact that this one has taken so long has left many questions lingering in the minds of all following the case.
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...quoirins-remains-continues-statement-tomorrow

Yes we know all that.....but the mums voice on loud speaker....they didn’t believe enough that Nóra could be in the jungle to do that (or go out and call her themselves) in the beginning

That could have made a difference here in first few hours/days . So sad for Nóra
Surely a police operation would not be directed by what parents "think" happened. They will follow standard protocol based on facts. Or lack of. The parents cannot be blamed in any way for search procedures and priorities.

So sad for NQ & family. May God bless her.

The police said NQ was found in an "inaccessible" place and a helicopter had to winch her out....as she was between rocks & 1.2km deep in a ravine...
?
But the hiking group was able to go within 10 metres to 20 metres from NQ... Hmm, unclear reporting?
Hmmm...

Last edited:
The Indian local who offered to accompany the trekking group obviously knew the place v v well... and any indigenous in villages across the stream...?

Maybe they should interview him. During the hiking group's press conference, nothing more was said about him or his background.

Last edited:
Yes but the parents Were insisting that she had been abducted. .... seemed to take a good few days for them to come around to the fact she may be in the jungle somewhere

Valuable lost time
May still have ben abducted but then set free to roam:

#Rosegold68
I wonder if she actually had been abducted then set free

Left to roam to either be found or to succumb to her death

Bit odd nobody (300+ searchers) had not found any previous trace of her

The hiking group said they reached NQ after a trek of short duration (they reached there even after splitting up & regrouping, discussion, etc. all in 1h 20min). (short considering the police said it's "ravine" and "inaccessible")

Perhaps there are two paths to the place.. that not all locals know... I wonder if the authorities have checked all the local people who also know the area very very very well...

Only someone who knows an area so well can know where to dump any body. Just saying. MOO

including the fact that this particular area is/was commonly used as a "shallow grave".

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I am not familiar with technical terms but "rotting" just breaks my heart. Is it different from "decomposing"? I don't mean to critique.

Oh gosh, I am not familiar with technical terms but "rotting" just breaks my heart. Is it different from "decomposing"? I don't mean to critique.
Means basically the same thing. There are processes that happen after death as tissue begins to break down that release gases which have a distinct and very foul odor. Since it's summer in the jungle in Malaysia, high temps (high 80's-low 90's) and humidity (90%+) exacerbate that process.

I would consider rotting and decomposing synonyms of one another.

I would be surprised, if she was there for any length of time, that there wasn't some sort of animal involvement. If there wasn't, that might indicate she wasn't there that long.

I found an interesting site explaining decomposition process and based on this I’m inclined to think she died the day she disappeared. The details aren’t pleasant but factoring in climate etc what hikers describe sounds about right for day 9 or 10. Perhaps am clutching at straws but so want her not to have been all alone out there. I don’t know if I can post a link or not so won’t at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257