Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be non-alive before push, & merely pushed to get rid of the body into an inaccessible location.

& without clothes makes identification harder once decomposed... because with clothes & so much publicity, she would have been instantly recognised by anyone
She was found lying on her side, with her head on her arm, as if she is going to sleep.

The location was on a narrow river bank, at the bottom of a steep slope.

She was recognized instantly, even without clothes, because she is a white female.

If she was wearing clothing and hijab, she could be confused with a local. But even then, people were actively searching for a young woman, and she would have been noticed.

Anyway, more post-mortem is being done today. The family and lawyer wants conclusive proof of abduction and assault, quickly.

Missing Vietnamese girl found safe
This is the reason I personally think the Malaysian police have done a remarkable job. This 15 year old disappeared the same day as Nóra, but in the UK. Very little press coverage, no major searches happened. Fortunately she was found the day after Nóra and is alive and arrests have been made.
Mobulizing 300 people for the search during an important local festival period was a feat. They tried their hardest!

If she had been pushed, especially from a height, would expect at least one broken bone and more extensive bruising

Without clothes harder on DNA evidence too if another was involved. And where ARE the garments she was wearing at bedtime?

No-one knows yet that she didn't have broken bones, and no-one knows the extent of the bruising - not from an official source, it's all perspective from laypeople standing a distance away.

I'm not saying if she fell or was pushed she wouldn't have those things. But the searchers couldn't necessarily see broken bones (you don't have to be in a horrible state to die after a fall - people have died after hitting their heads after falling off kitchen counters) and they mention bruising, but again - that's not the official perspective, and you don't need to have horrible bruising after a fall, either.

It's what inside that counts, even in death. You only need a fairly minor bleed in the brain, which can't be viewed from the outside, and that, sadly, can be enough.

I struggle to understand how this girl could have died in a pose as if she was fast asleep. Of course she could have died in her sleep where she was, but how?.

The only realistic ways I see she could have died as a consequence of her natural surroundings and environment given the description given of her body, position and location:- is if she died of...

Heat stroke
Drinking contaminated river water
Eating poisonous plants or animals
A poisonous bite

As her position was one as if one she was sleeping. I believe she may have died later in the day she was reported missing. I am sorry to say, she may well have been in terrible pain and perhaps tried to sleep it off and ended up dying in her sleep.

The body was in too good a condition to have fallen from any height and the position she was found in was wrong.

I don't know, but I suspect you're right. I think they do the thorough examination, noting as they go, taking photos, swabs, samples, etc. Confer with other pathologists, and write the report and conclusions, and only then would anything be officially released.

The odour could have been from bodily fluids released earlier in the death/decomp process? I don't think it would take long in the daytime temperatures there for that to smell pretty bad :/

Thinking about it, did we get an actual quote saying that? Maybe they just meant that they weren't ready to release the gender until the medical examiner had actually come to collect the body?
It was probably because the body was something like 20 feet away.

Also, a body smells badly way before it becomes visually decomposed. I agree with you there.

The Autopsy shouldn’t be inconclusive they will be able to tell if she died from dehydration due the condition of her kidneys and checking her blood etc.If she was sexually assaulted or if she died by suffocation or a spider bite or snake bite.Theyll know if she died by a fall a knock to the head or by drowning.Theyll also know by her stomach contents what she was eating it might help piece together her journey depending on what grows in certain parts of the jungle.
The footprints they found in the jungle does anyone know how far the footprints went? Did they stop at the water?

Depending on the condition of her body, finding a snake or spider bite might be very difficult or even impossible.

This now well-publicised comment by the searcher of Nora having expressed a wish to see the waterfall, where did that originate? Seeing word on the net that the mother had said that publicly in first days, but it has now been removed...? The statement MUST have come from one of parents otherwise the search team person would not have known.
The body was found soon after a hiker named Shirley was told that Nora wanted to see the waterfall.

So the origin of that information must be investigated. I read early reports, and her parents were insisting that she wouldn't venture outdoors alone, and that proves she must have been abducted from inside the cabin.

Rotting takes place very quickly in the hot climate.

As the body decomposes quickly (people in similar equatorial climate know), clothes will still be there :( sadly for a while longer. Correct if wrong.

The prep (IF it was abduction/assault) would have known that & taken steps to minimise chances of identification. This includes removing the clothes. This would also include walking in stream, thus no footprints.

Gosh, i can't believe i'm thinking like a criminal's mind :eek::eek:
Time to take break/ something else for a while. Been consumed with this like many of us.. Still, thankful at least family has SOME closure instead of not even knowing whether she's passed on or is alive somewhere (that would be more agony, IMO)

Not necessarily. The body could also be deepfrozen for a second opinion in Europe. That's how Ivana Smit underwent a second autopsy in the NL.
Edit: the quote I was referring to went lost...

Last edited:
The autopsy was carried out on Wednesday by a pathologist from Kuala Lumpur general hospital, a local hospital doctor and two experts from the department of chemistry.

The Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief, Che Zakaria Othman, said “Today the postmortem started at 11:45am. The four-man team are still carrying out their work so the police cannot tell the criminal investigation division (CID) the results yet. There is nothing more we can say for the moment.”

It is understood the Malaysian attorney general, Tommy Thomas, has stepped in to oversee the case and has requested test samples from the postmortem.

Nora Quoirin: autopsy yet to determine cause of death, say police

Not necessarily. The body could also be deepfrozen for a second opinion in Europe. That's how Ivana Smit underwent a second autopsy in the NL.

Yes, I know.

However, the context of my comments was not about this. We are talking about different issues.

My post just before your post refers to the days when the flesh is decomposing or decomposed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member