Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was said early on that she was asleep only in her underwear.

I don’t think the family can just pull the plug and fly her home. It isn’t as easy as booking her a ticket on a flight. The body is in their jurisdiction and they have to release it before anything can be done. The body would need to be processed and embalmed if it’s going on a commercial flight.

MANY autopsies conclude without a cause of death. Lots of people die and the reason is never determined. I wouldn’t imagine an autopsy elsewhere would have a different outcome.
A friend of mine (British - London based) died in an accident in Austria, both countries in Europe. It took them 21 days to get the paperwork done, to transport the body back to England, in an hour flight. Imagine from Malaysia to London/Ireland or France?

if there was evidence of foul play i would think the public would be alerted as soon as its known theres a perp on the loose. how else could people be alert and aware?

i'd want to know to be on lookout for an abductor if i was visiting or local

Nora could have woken early and gone out to look for the waterfall. Nothing says that she died immediately and during the search it was noted that a white women was seen swimming in the river. She could have taken off her underwear to swim in the river. She could have been alive wandering for days. Nothing says she was dead at the time they first searched the waterfall area. All the theories of abduction come from the parents belief she wouldn't go on her own. I believe they could have been wrong.
I value their opinion as they know their child better than anyone else. If Nora exited the house by herself, OK, I could believe that. But for Nora to walk so far in the jungle all by herself, I can't believe that. Barefoot. Hoe could she tell that she was heading into the right direction, all the way to the waterfall?

If they knew that N was so exited to see the waterfall, why did they (police/search teams) not check that area as soon as they found this out or did her parents possibly go and check there when they found she was missing?

fully agree with this, wild horses would not have stopped me if my child were missing

With the international community scrutinizing every move made by the Malaysian authorities, the pathologists are probably triple and quadruple checking all their discoveries. It's possible to determine some obvious signs of death, like water in the lungs pointing to drowning, but they're probably also running toxicology reports and that may need specialized equipment that's not on-site. Something looks like an insect or snake bite? Gotta test to see if it was poisonous or toxic.

And maybe they have figured out the CoD is malicious but do not want to reveal it in case they have a suspect in mind and it would hamper the investigation. There's a bajillion innocent reasons why it's taking this much time for info to come out. CSI has us trained to want to know everything ASAP!

A friend of mine (British - London based) died in an accident in Austria, both countries in Europe. It took them 21 days to get the paperwork done, to transport the body back to England, in an hour flight. Imagine from Malaysia to London/Ireland or France?

I've heard of people being cremated abroad - much easier (and cheaper) to get home. Susan McLean is one example from threads I've followed here.

If they knew that N was so exited to see the waterfall, why did they (police/search teams) not check that area as soon as they found this out or did her parents possibly go and check there when they found she was missing?
According to media, that spot had been searched before and Nora's body was not lying there at the time.

A Belfast book of condolence has opened in a “clear and positive” show of solidarity with Nora Quoirin’s family.

Sinn Fein Lord Mayor John Finucane was the first to sign at the city hall, followed by a queue of other elected representatives and well-wishers.

Mr Finucane helped lead a long campaign for answers about the death of his murdered father, solicitor Pat Finucane, and said he hoped Nora’s family would receive the truth.

Nora’s mother Meabh is from Belfast.

He said: “This is a story that has resonated with and struck home in Belfast.

“It is heartbreaking. I don’t think this is something that would be easily dealt with in any circumstance but the fact that they are so far away from home in Malaysia.”

He added: “This is a family that was on holiday, this is a girl who was vulnerable and I think the family have been through hell in the past few days.

“Whilst she had not been found everybody hoped that she would be found safely and it really is a very tragic story.”

He praised the “clear and positive” show of solidarity from the Belfast public.

A special service was held on Tuesday at the South Belfast church which Nora was baptised in. Her grandparents are parishioners.
Nora book of condolence opens in Belfast

I thought it was said early on that she was asleep only in her underwear.

I don’t think the family can just pull the plug and fly her home. It isn’t as easy as booking her a ticket on a flight. The body is in their jurisdiction and they have to release it before anything can be done. The body would need to be processed and embalmed if it’s going on a commercial flight.

MANY autopsies conclude without a cause of death. Lots of people die and the reason is never determined. I wouldn’t imagine an autopsy elsewhere would have a different outcome.

Right.

The autopsy won't go on forever, if they can't pin point an accurate cause of death then its filed as inconclusive and then the body should be released to the family to fly home when the arrangements to do that are in place and when the Malaysian authorities are ready.

I doubt the Quoirin family will be satisfied with that though. Naturally they will want to seek a re-test back in UK in the hope a different outcome. As you say, whether they get a different outcome or not is not in their hands.

I feel perhaps decomposition in this case has advanced beyond the point where they can get get an definitive diagnosis. it would be a cruel blow, but at least the girl was found.

This is another something that leaves me dumbfounded. That should have been the first thing the police were told. If your kid, special needs or not, is drawn to a particular thing or is excited about something specific prior to going missing, shouldn’t that be the first place police are sent? My kid loves horses and if she were missing anywhere where remotely near somewhere she could be petting one, that is where we’d look! I just don’t get it.

Getting to the waterfall was not like a straight forward walk to the local park that they could walk to and check whether she was there.
Resort staff and guests were out looking as soon as they found she was missing.

Nora's parents tried to convince police on Aug 4 that she couldn't walk out on her own, and must have been abducted from the cabin by a criminal.

Their Aug 6 press conference tried to convince the whole world of same theory.

Nora's desire to see the waterfall was mentioned recently, and her body was found along that route.

fully agree with this, wild horses would not have stopped me if my child were missing
I agree - if they knew that she was so excited to see the waterfall (they had possibly showed her photos and videos of it prior to the holiday) then for me, that would have been the first place I would have looked. Even if they did think that someone had taken her, surely some of them would have headed out in the direction of the waterfall to see if she was on her way there, knowing that she was really excited to see it. I am sure they would have done their research prior to booking the holiday - checking how safe a place it is etc. I still don’t understand why N’s dad apparently said “a crime has been committed” as soon as he discovered she was missing. They thought they were in a safe place, they would have researched and looked at the reviews when planning the holiday, doors did not lock so it must have been considered to be pretty safe. I just can’t help thinking that the first thoughts would have been “the waterfall she wanted to see, let’s go and check there”as oppose to “a crime has been committed”. I see the FNQ page has been closed and both SQ and MQ pages also changed.

Yeah, I agree! It would take some effort. Nobody wants an unembalmed body that is already possibly a week old or more on a plane, so that would hinder any further autopsy attempts.

I am sure that Malaysian authorities are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's. I would also assume (which can be dangerous, I know), that those that are performing the autopsy are also being extremely vigilant. Everybody is watching and this whole tragedy has gone global. They need to be on top of this.

Any samples that are sent away for analysis can take a long time to get results - sometimes 8 weeks or more. So until those results are returned we will be waiting. I imagine they are checking for drugs as well as toxins etc.

Poor Nora. Whatever transpired would have been terrifying for her. My heart aches for Nora and her family.

I’ve dealt with several deaths of UK citizens in other countries....some further than Mainland Europe.......never taken anywhere near as long as that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member