Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora's parents tried to convince police on Aug 4 that she couldn't walk out on her own, and must have been abducted from the cabin by a criminal.

Their Aug 6 press conference tried to convince the whole world of same theory.

Nora's desire to see the waterfall was mentioned recently, and her body was found along that route.

Yes, they were so sure that she had been abducted because they said she wouldn’t go off on her own but they must have known about her desire to see the waterfall prior to her going missing. I would have thought that the waterfall (or route/direction of the waterfall) would have been the first place they would have looked.

I’ve been lurking and am as baffled about this as many of you are. Poor girl, it’s so very sad and my thoughts are with her family and friends.

My gut tells me that this was an abduction and could have been more planned than we know. Perhaps her mum or dad had previously contacted the resort to see how suitable it would be for Nora and in doing so divulged information about her limited capabilities. This would give the hotel staff and extended contacts knowledge that a child with additional needs would be staying in the resort and maybe she was targeted as easy prey and a criminal gang tipped off. I hate thinking like this but it’s a possibility. If i were the Police I’d want to know how much the management and extended team knew of her condition before she arrived. I do not believe she wandered off on her own.

Right.

The autopsy won't go on forever, if they can't pin point an accurate cause of death then its filed as inconclusive and then the body should be released to the family to fly home when the arrangements to do that are in place and when the Malaysian authorities are ready.

I doubt the Quoirin family will be satisfied with that though. Naturally they will want to seek a re-test back in UK in the hope a different outcome. As you say, whether they get a different outcome or not is not in their hands.

I feel perhaps decomposition in this case has advanced beyond the point where they can get get an definitive diagnosis. it would be a cruel blow, but at least the girl was found.

Yes, at least she was found. I cannot fathom how any parent lives with their child being missing even from their own hometown. The sheer idea of leaving a country knowing my child was missing abroad is impossible for me to wrap my mind around. I’d have to move to Malaysia because I couldn’t leave without her. So yes, at least they will get to bring her home, even if they sadly never learn what happened. As much as I would want to know, I’d find more peace in bringing her home than knowing what happened.

Ultimately, if they truly believe that she couldn’t have left on her own and this was an abduction, and if they sincerely believe a crime is the only thing that could have caused this, I’m not sure any autopsy will matter if the conclusion doesn’t fit their belief.

I value their opinion as they know their child better than anyone else. If Nora exited the house by herself, OK, I could believe that. But for Nora to walk so far in the jungle all by herself, I can't believe that. Barefoot. Hoe could she tell that she was heading into the right direction, all the way to the waterfall?
Exactly this is what I’ve been saying even though she wanted to go to the waterfall how would she know how to go there?

Yes, 1.2 km is about 3/4 of a mile, so close to 4000 feet.
It was reported by the Malay Mail, The evening Standard, and others that the distance from the resort to the area she was found was 2.5 km, or 1.6 miles from the resort.

The 1.2 km came from the description of the ravine (by police) with the stream at the bottom, which was 1.2 km down.
So it's confusing, since she was described as being next to the stream, out in the open.
Either way, it was over a mile from the resort, not less. Imo

Last edited:
I find the waterfall comment very suspicious. No one has mentioned that until now and she could not have found it by herself. If she wandered off to find it, it can only be coincidence that she ended up there. I think those comments are unfounded.

Nora had never been on her own anywhere so the thought she would set off on her own in her night wear and bare feet is highly unlikely.
It is also probable other guests or locals could have been visiting the waterfall that day and would have said if they had seen her.

Nora had never been on her own anywhere so the thought she would set off on her own in her night wear and bare feet is highly unlikely.
It is also probable other guests or locals could have been visiting the waterfall that day and would have said if they had seen her.

I can't get my head around how anyone can possibly think that's what happened tbh.

I find the waterfall comment very suspicious. No one has mentioned that until now and she could not have found it by herself. If she wandered off to find it, it can only be coincidence that she ended up there. I think those comments are unfounded.

It was mentioned some time ago that she was very excited to see the waterfall.

Exactly this is what I’ve been saying even though she wanted to go to the waterfall how would she know how to go there?
I don't think she would have, unless she had already been there with her family or someone else.
She would not have understood directions if someone explained it to her.
Some one may have shown her the path the day before, but we don't have that information.
And even then, I'm not sure how easy it is to follow. She would definitely have had a difficult time with the terrain, especially steep hills and navigating her way along any rocks or thick vegetation. Imo

I think the family have been asked is there anywhere Nora wanted to go?
They’ve said yes to the waterfall.If they only just arrived Nora was still to go so how would she of known as as her first time there to go to the waterfall none of us would know unless we were shown yet nothing been said about her being shown how to get there so how did she even know she was going in the right direction? Even professional hikers get lost yet Nora without knowledge is supposed to of known?

If they knew that N was so exited to see the waterfall, why did they (police/search teams) not check that area as soon as they found this out or did her parents possibly go and check there when they found she was missing?
They did check there, but I don't remember the specifics about what time and exactly where they started.
They covered the area from the start, I'm pretty sure. Imo

I think she just got lucky. We don’t know how close she was to it.

It was reported by the Malay Mail, The evening Standard, and others that the distance from the resort to the area she was found was 2.5 km, or 1.6 miles from the resort.
The 1.2 km came from the description of the ravine (by police) with the stream at the bottom, which was 1.2 km down.
So it's confusing, since she was described as being next to the stream, out in the open.
Either way, it was over a mile from the resort, not less. Imo

I wasn’t saying what I thought the 1.2 km was in reference to, just that it is about 3/4 of a mile, which is true. I doubt they could look over the edge of a slope that deep and see her body though, so that measurement doesn’t really fit for depth of the ravine.

I think SO MUCH is being mixed up or confused due to translation issues. It makes everything harder to understand.

'
I think it was more than coincidence she was found there.
The day after the Shaman said Nora. would be returned she was found after a tip off and a team of searchers found her in the open by the waterfall it had been reported she wanted to visit.i
Perhaps she was taken there alive and sedated so she did not wander away,but given too strong a dose so she fell asleep and died.

Last edited:
If N did wander off on her own from the holiday cabin to look for the waterfall, why would she have exited through a window if the door were not locked and she could have left through the door? Did they confirm anything about the fingerprints on or around the window and could the window have been opened to make it look like an abduction?

Nóra being excited about the waterfall nearby was one of the first things printed in media after she went missing but has since been removed from MSM articles. It’s in my notes from day one of her being reported missing! So it was definitely public knowledge at some point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1