Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have lunch cards to swipe but they aren’t used with fingerprints. Nobody pays cash, it’s all just a swipe of the card that has the kid’s lunch info.

This must be extremely state specific because all of my friends in various who love conspiracy theories would flip over this. I’m 100% sure my kid isn’t fingerprinted at school. None of my nieces or nephews or friends’ kids have this done as far as I know. But it would be useful! Having that as a way to identify them is important!
Yes, the computer reads the fingerprint. I didn't mean paying actual cash, they just get billed or not.
It's not like they take a full set of prints like they would for a criminal background check. It's only done once and it's good for all 12 years of school.

Last edited:
She was probably weak after 2 days of going missing if she hadn’t eaten anything... Poor soul.

Also a complete and sudden withdrawal from any medications she might have been on couldn’t help this situation at all!! Depending on what she took, if anything, she may have been feeling quite horrendous and weak after a day. :(

I'm happy to hear that she wasn't murdered or sexually assaulted, but it's definitely heartbreaking to know she was alive for most of this time. I wonder if they'll be able to trace her movements at all.

I’m sure the investigation is ongoing, and more answers may be gleaned. But they’ll likely never know how or why she left the cottage. Kidnapping seems unlikely now, with no sexual assault.

I hope that when she finally laid down, weariness just washed over her in a comforting way. This is one of those cases where I have to remind myself that truly, she is at complete peace now, and any fear she had isn’t even a memory anymore.

This is so very sad, absolutely heartbreaking. Would they have been able to tell by the condition of her feet (as she was barefoot) if she had been walking for days? Her family must be devastated, completely broken. They were so sure that she had been abducted.

I doubt very much she died of starvation, the human body can go much longer without food, yes she would have been weak, maybe weak enough to fall in the river, maybe the water source she was drinking from was bad, or maybe she ate something that wasn't edible, but not from starvation.

I live in Oklahoma, and my daughter’s school did this when she was in elementary school (she’s 17 now). I actually came across her fingerprint card a few weeks ago when I was looking for my college transcript. I think the fingerprints were also kept on file somewhere, but I’m not positive about that. I’m not sure that they didn’t do it when I was young, too? Again, not positive. But it’s interesting that it’s not as widespread a practice as I’d thought.

It seems like a great idea in terms of just having that source of identification on file. The most our school does is keep a card that comes with the school photos. It has a photo and they weigh and measure kids during health screening week in September. They also list hair and eye color. They keep these cards on file so that if anyone is ever missing there is a recent photo and stats readily available.

Also a complete and sudden withdrawal from any medications she might have been on couldn’t help this situation at all!! Depending on what she took, if anything, she may have been feeling quite horrendous and weak after a day. :(

I hadn’t thought of withdrawal from medications. If it comforts anyone to know, my sister (who has severe epilepsy as well as other health problems) would do very badly medically if withdrawn from her medications, but it would also make her less aware of what is going on. In this case, that could be a good thing. Not that anything about this is good, but you know what I mean!

I've been thinking: if the parents are still convinced that Nora would not have been able to undertake such a hike on her own, surely they must have medical records to back this up? Surely Nora was being monitored professionally?

So, Nora was probably alive and hiding from strangers, until she died of stress and hunger. She probably came for her last drink of water, and went to sleep.

What police must investigate now is how exactly she ended up near the waterfall. Did someone guide her to the waterfall and just leave her there?
I guess we will have to wait and see. This is just one part of the investigation.
We won't know the full autopsy report for weeks or at least until test results come back.
I wonder if they are going to test samples of her brain. That could tell them a lot too. Something may have occurred, like a seizure, to cause her to become disoriented if she did leave on her own. Imo

With Nora’s body found there was never a “good” outcome, and to think of her wandering around or cowering and lost, possibly within feet of the search teams, is unbearable. However, thank goodness she didn’t endure sexual assault or worse before she died.
Incredibly sad, and her parents will never know what made her leave the cabin that night/morning
Agreed. Truly relieved that at the very least Nóra is at peace and didn’t meet a violent end.

It’s so heartbreaking to think of Nora out in the jungle all these days and nights, through rain and darkness, and without her family’s love and protection. And food and drink!

I hope somehow she felt the loving thoughts, prayers and the hopes that people all over the world carried in their hearts, yearning for her to come back safe and sound.

The rescuers that found her made it sound like she had a peaceful end, looking like she was sleeping, I read. I hope it was.

Nora touched us all.

SEREMBAN: The authorities have ruled out foul play in the mysterious death of Nora Anne Quoirin, whose remains were found in a stream 10 days after she disappeared from a resort in Pantai Hills near here.

Medical experts who conducted a nine-hour autopsy on her remains ruled that her death was caused due to upper gastrointestinal bleeding, said state police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop.

“They also found that she was not raped.

“There was nothing to show that she was abducted or subjected to any form of violence, ” he told reporters at the state police contingent here Thursday (Aug 15).

He said the intestinal bleeding could have been caused from prolonged starvation.

DCP Mohamad said the postmortem finding also ruled that Nora could have been dead between two and three days before she was found.

Nora Anne autopsy: No sign of kidnapping, no evidence of rape

Nora Quoirin probably died of starvation and stress, autopsy finds

Extract:

"The autopsy of Nora Quoirin, the 15-year-old who went missing in the Malaysian jungle, has concluded that she likely died of starvation and stress after spending seven days in the jungle.

Speaking outside the police headquarters in Seremban, police chief Mohammad Mat Yusop said Nora had died “two to three days ago” from “internal bleeding from a ruptured ulcer in her intestine, possibly caused by prolonged starvation or stress”.

She also had bruising on her legs but there was “no sign of violence, abduction or kidnapping” and “no evidence of foul play for the time being”, though tests were still ongoing."

Poor kid probably heard them looking for her.:(

I agree with you. She propably was running away from them because she didn't know that they are trying to help her. And because of this whole situation she was getting more lost, panicked and suffering from hunger... And always running away from the search parties.
I've been observing this case from the beginning and I am really, really sad that this is how it ended. It's a horrible type of death and nobody deserves it.

Rest in peace, Nora. You are not suffering anymore. And you did reach the waterfall in the end.

I've been thinking: if the parents are still convinced that Nora would not have been able to undertake such a hike on her own, surely they must have medical records to back this up? Surely Nora was being monitored professionally?

It sounds like the first information they gave the media about her condition was from a PIP (personal independence payment) form, which can be very thorough and can be done as often as yearly (mine is done yearly - it's a very upsetting but very important appointment) but in conditions that are expected to be for life, they can be done a lot, lot less often.

So it's possible what we know about Nora is over a year old, and she could have made minor changes, such as being more able to walk place as she gets older, during that time. I'm not saying her disability would have changed hugely; it was clearly going to be a life-long thing. But I'm also sure that, over time, she may get slightly better at doing certain things.

Was anything ever mentioned about how she was the night before she went missing? I did wonder if she had maybe had a tiff with her siblings or she hadn’t wanted to go to bed or something. If her parents are adamant that she would never have left the cabin on her own then I wonder if there was possibly something that triggered her doing the very thing that they did not believe could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho