Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, understand your confusion. It's the outcome that's opposite. One woman was vilified and it turned out she was innocent and in Kubirai's words from an earlier post "and her (Nora's) parents have almost universal sympathy.". It's not an exact opposite scenario but parts of it are opposite.

God, i hate talking this cryptic lol. I actually visited your profile to try and PM you to clear it up but i couldn't figure out how to or i don't have permission yet.
Oh, wow, I didn't notice you were a new member, so... Welcome!!!!
Anyway thanks for trying. If you feel like trying later you just have to fill in a title after you hit start a conversation. I had a hard time figuring it out myself because I'm not good at technology (or puzzles and riddles apparently)
Anyway this case is such a mystery, especially if it turns into a criminal case.
If not then it's pretty incredible that Nora set out to see the water fall and after 8 days she finally arrived only to lie down and fall asleep and die.
And that someone guessed that was exactly what happened. Imo

upload_2019-8-16_11-47-20.png

And looking at the length, distance between the resort to waterfall (air terjun) area, its bit absurd to think HOW Nora ended up there. Walking alone? without any proper guide and knowledge how to reach the waterfall without any help? hmmmmmm.

BTJMO.

Oh, wow, I didn't notice you were a new member, so... Welcome!!!!
Anyway thanks for trying. If you feel like trying later you just have to fill in a title after you hit start a conversation. I had a hard time figuring it out myself because I'm not good at technology (or puzzles and riddles apparently)
Anyway this case is such a mystery, especially if it turns into a criminal case.
If not then it's pretty incredible that Nora set out to see the water fall and after 8 days she finally arrived only to lie down and fall asleep and die.
And that someone guessed that was exactly what happened. Imo

I'm in the same boat.

Confused and not a riddle solving gal.

I'm glad Nora will be able to leave with the family.

There two week stay is up. Wonder if they will stay on at the Dusun or relocate?

Jmo

Didn't you say you thought someone carried her out of the house that day? Do you think she was hiding with someone?
Yes, she was most likely carried out by someone on Aug 4 very early morning, and left at some location close to the waterfall, but hidden from the trail. But it probably wasn't an abduction.

View attachment 198647

And looking at the length, distance between the resort to waterfall (air terjun) area, its bit absurd to think HOW Nora ended up there. Walking alone? without any proper guide and knowledge how to reach the waterfall without any help? hmmmmmm.

BTJMO.

I agree.

Where is the oil plantation located. Isn't that the way the hikers came?

Love the map!!!
:):);)

I'm in the same boat.

Confused and not a riddle solving gal.

I'm glad Nora will be able to leave with the family.

There two week stay is up. Wonder if they will stay on at the Dusun or relocate?

Jmo
I know, I'm way too tired for solving riddles tonight.

I would think the family would want to get out of there and be with the rest of their loved ones at this point.
I hope it will be a comfort for them. They seem to have an excellent support group around them. Imo

haha, understand your confusion. It's the outcome that's opposite. One woman was vilified and it turned out she was innocent and in Kubirai's words from an earlier post "and her (Nora's) parents have almost universal sympathy.". It's not an exact opposite scenario but parts of it are opposite.

God, i hate talking this cryptic lol. I actually visited your profile to try and PM you to clear it up but i couldn't figure out how to or i don't have permission yet.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Glad you joined us.

View attachment 198647

BTJMO.
I think it's physically impossible. She would not have the stamina. She would have been incredibly weak at that point.
No wonder the investigative team wants to pursue this further. I hope her family gets some answers soon. Imo

Yes, she was most likely carried out by someone on Aug 4 very early morning, and left at some location close to the waterfall, but hidden from the trail. But it probably wasn't an abduction.

Would not the person carrying her out, be very familiar with the trail? I just don't think a stranger could get her to the waterfall and back unnoticed.

It had to be someone who knew the area. Don't you think or am I off track?

View attachment 198647

BTJMO.

Thank you! That map is very interesting, you can see how thick the primary forest is around and to the right of the resort.

Also the palm oil forest surrounding the waterfall.

I think it is likely that Nora would have followed the river, maybe dipping in and out of the river where it was shallower, which of course would make tracking her scent a lot harder and maybe account for not getting so many scratches or injuries to the feet.

Have to say it does look enchanting and I could imagine the desire to explore and perhaps get distracted.

So she wasn't at that same place the entire time.

It is possible that someone had her aand was hiding her, but I doubt it really happened that way. But who knows for sure?
She was probably within 300ft or 100m of the spot where she was found, but hiding from strangers. She came to the river to drink water only when there was nobody around.

Thank you! That map is very interesting, you can see how thick the primary forest forest around and to the right of the resort.

Also the palm oil forest surrounding the waterfall.

I think it is likely that Nora would have followed the river, maybe dipping in and out of the river where it was shallower, which of course would make tracking her scent a lot harder and maybe account for not getting so many scratches or injuries to the feet.

Have to say it does look enchanting and I could imagine the desire to explore and perhaps get distracted.

Oh yes, it is beautiful..breath taking !!

The stars are always brighter on a mountain, like you can almost reach them. You live in a beautiful country.

Very good point in not picking up scent due to the river. It was probably refreshing to her. I've read alot about leeches, Would they be a problem this time of year? I would freak completely out if a leech got on me!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Well, I suppose not everyone would find a foreign country with a tropical rain forest and a resort with a pool overlooking the mountains boring.

Some would consider it a cultural and educational experience. They might enjoy the food and everything else it has to offer.

I doubt they brought their children there unwillingly. I can't imagine a child being bored in such a magical place. Maybe they enjoy learning and absorbing everything around them.
Not every child has a short attention span.

I really can't judge the parents for their choice of vacation. Everybody's likes and interests are different. Comparing them to yours just isn't productive.

Absolutely agree with you MB!

An enthralling environment and quite apart from the resort's facilities, there are many places to visit and day trips to go on nearby if in need of a change of scene.

This screenshot is from a page with excellent description of the route. Nora may not have crossed the fallen tree bridge on her own.

Screenshot_20190815-214500.png

Oh yes, it is beautiful..breath taking !!

The stars are always brighter on a mountain, like you can almost reach them. You live in a beautiful country.

Very good point in not picking up scent due to the river. It was probably refreshing to her. I've read alot about leeches, Would they be a problem this time of year? I would freak completely out if a leech got on me!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Lol, its not nice I admit (I'm in the tropics but not in Asia) but kids don't seem to mind as much as adults and just pick them off before they get stuck in.

Its better if you have bare legs and can spot them quickly.

Would not the person carrying her out, be very familiar with the trail? I just don't think a stranger could get her to the waterfall and back unnoticed.

It had to be someone who knew the area. Don't you think or am I off track?
An adult following the trail to Lata Berumbun waterfall. He didn't need to be someone who knew the area already.

It is important to figure out who else knew that Nora was excited about the waterfall, and who told them.

But there are other important issues too. The route she may have taken, if she was carried, etc. There will be traces of her hiding places beside the stream, not too far into the jungle.

I remember seeing a photo of Nora by a waterfall, first on the 9th (Friday) when reading this news here on metro.co.uk: Parents of missing Nora Quoirin, 15, thank search teams as mission continues

I could not find any info about the photo or the waterfall then. So I posted a question in thread one and asked if the photo could have been taken in Dusun when they arrived on the 3rd - the answer was no, photo was taken in Ireland.
Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

"According to Matthew Searle, CEO of the UK-based Lucie Blackman Trust charity which is acting as a liaison between the London-based family and the media, Nóra told her family that she wanted to see a waterfall during her holiday to Malaysia.
Acting on this previously undisclosed information, a volunteer searcher combed the area near the waterfall and made the grim discovery."
The mystery of Nóra Quoirin's last hours: Family are 'broken' after teenager's body found - Independent.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay