Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the word naked has been used again in recent articles so having thought it meant without clothes l am now not so sure.

The known proven facts are so few in this case; she went missing sometime between 10pm on 3rd and 8am on 4th August. Her scent was picked up but lost 100m away. She was found 10 days later by hikers who purposefully went there. There is no evidence she was harmed by anyone.

But opinions have been strong. She could not have gone far by herself; she would not have gone with a stranger; she would not have wandered off by herself.

These are almost completely conflicting.

It's possible a stranger did get into the house and take her unheard; or that a stranger lured her outside and snatched her. But it doesn't seem likely; the former is hugely risky and the latter is so opportunistic in such a remote area.

If someone did take her, she was held, not given food, not harmed in any way then just randomly left to die? Seems unlikely as well.

I have been back and forth with this one and l can't decide either way to be honest. If the family are adamant on their opinion then l don't know what to think.

Does anyone know if they called off the search every night? Or were people out there 24/7? If someone was hiding her, they could have been moving her at night or making sure she was still hidden. But why? Why would someone take her for no

Last edited:
More relevant questions, which must be answered by proper police investigation, not by a lawyer threatening criminal proceedings.
I don’t think the Malaysians are totally incompetent. In fact, why don’t they all go out and investigate themselves instead of blaming the missing kid as well as the death on the local police? Threatening criminal investigation isn’t going to change the fact that parents (even knowing her interest in watefall), didn’t walk /search themselves in that area, for 10 days...

I am not blaming the victim but under stress and trauma, people cannot think straight!

Are there any cats or dogs at the Dusun? She could have seen an animal through the window and stepped out to pet it.

Cats? might be. But cats don't usually tray too far from the resort area. Even if there any cats in resort area, usually they tend to flock around the resort garden. Dogs however aren't allow to enter around the resort area, due safety reason. Even if you every meet dogs inside malaysia forest, usually that's not friendly type, and they usually stay in pack.

However, there is totally plausible if there any pets (bought by visitors) around the the resort, but that doesn't explain why she aren't wearing any cloth after she stepped out from the house.

Does anyone know if they called off the search every night? Or were people out there 24/7?

The SAR operation was held for 24/7, with 314 people (army+local+volunteer from hiking club). There are live streaming from HACAM (Hiking and camping association malaysia club) fb group few days ago during SAR operation, though the video streaming quite bad.

Last edited:
I think it is as simple as N wandered off from the cabin. For whatever reason, whether she couldn’t sleep because she was too hot, or went outside to escape bugs, heard noises, we will probably never know what made her go outside that night/morning. I did (and possibly still do) wonder if one or both of her siblings had snuck out with her and had returned back without N. It would certainly back up the train of thought that N would never have left on her own. Does anyone else think she could have left with one or both of the siblings? Perhaps they only went outside to not go far and N didn’t want to return back with the sibling. I think her parents genuinely believed that N would never have gone off on her own but in reality, it could have happened. The ‘N would never go off on her own’ should have been ‘N has never gone off on her own’. It is so terribly sad because they were so adamant that she had been abducted. I wonder if the search would have been carried out any differently if her parents hadn’t been so sure she would not have wandered off, they were sure she had been abducted. It is absolutely heartbreaking - if she was alive wandering around for almost a week or so, she must have been very confused, so anxious and distressed as well as tired, sore and hungry/thirsty. She must have been absolutely petrified and been missing her parents and family terribly. As for reports of them threatening criminal criminal investigation, the parents praised the efforts of the police and search teams during the search. As parents, we try to do everything to keep our children safe. They must have been confident that the resort was safe before they booked it - they were well travelled and I’m sure they would have checked out how suitable it would be for N as well as looking at reviews for the resort. They would have probably known that the doors would not lock and must have felt it was a safe place to go. Everyone is different - we only have one child, a 13yr old daughter who is extremely vigilant, even when we are at home she always checks the doors are locked before going to bed. When we are on holiday she always checks that we have put the lock on. I personally would not be comfortable staying somewhere that the doors do not lock. Even in the safest of places, if the doors do not lock then it increases the risk. There could be opportunists and children can wander off even if they haven’t done it before and even when parents are convinced that they would never do this.

I think it is as simple as N wandered off from the cabin. For whatever reason, whether she couldn’t sleep because she was too hot, or went outside to escape bugs, heard noises, we will probably never know what made her go outside that night/morning. I did (and possibly still do) wonder if one or both of her siblings had snuck out with her and had returned back without N. It would certainly back up the train of thought that N would never have left on her own. Does anyone else think she could have left with one or both of the siblings? Perhaps they only went outside to not go far and N didn’t want to return back with the sibling. I think her parents genuinely believed that N would never have gone off on her own but in reality, it could have happened. The ‘N would never go off on her own’ should have been ‘N has never gone off on her own’. It is so terribly sad because they were so adamant that she had been abducted. I wonder if the search would have been carried out any differently if her parents hadn’t been so sure she would not have wandered off, they were sure she had been abducted. It is absolutely heartbreaking - if she was alive wandering around for almost a week or so, she must have been very confused, so anxious and distressed as well as tired, sore and hungry/thirsty. She must have been absolutely petrified and been missing her parents and family terribly. As for reports of them threatening criminal criminal investigation, the parents praised the efforts of the police and search teams during the search. As parents, we try everything keep our children safe. They must have been confident that the resort was safe before they booked it - they were well travelled and I’m sure they would have checked out how suitable it would be for N as well as looking at reviews for the resort. They would have probably known that the doors would not lock and must have felt it was a safe place to go. Everyone is different - we only have one child, a 13yr old daughter who is extremely vigilant, even when we are at home she always checks the doors are locked before going to bed. When we are on holiday she always checks that we have put the lock on. I personally would not be comfortable staying somewhere that the doors do not lock. Even in the safest of places, if the doors do not lock then it increases the risk. There could be opportunists and children can wander off even if they haven’t done it before and even when parents are convinced that they would never do this.

Sorry, that post has gone on twice for some reason. How do I delete one of them?

I don’t think the Malaysians are totally incompetent. In fact, why don’t they all go out and investigate themselves instead of blaming the missing kid as well as the death on the local police? Threatening criminal investigation isn’t going to change the fact that parents (even knowing her interest in watefall), didn’t walk /search themselves in that area, for 10 days...

I am not blaming the victim but under stress and trauma, people cannot think straight!

To be fair, I am pretty sure the parents were strongly advised not to go searching into the jungle.

If one of them had happened upon her remains, not only would it have been profoundly devastating, it would also create difficult legal complications, and would best be avoided.

Could you imagine if her father had stumbled upon her first---he'd have become the prime suspect, at least in the public's mind.

To be fair, I am pretty sure the parents were strongly advised not to go searching into the jungle.

If one of them had happened upon her remains, not only would it have been profoundly devastating, it would also create difficult legal complications, and would best be avoided.

Could you imagine if her father had stumbled upon her first---he'd have become the prime suspect, at least in the public's mind.
Then we have to be fair for all and not be quick to judge or have negative thoughts when the Malaysians have done their best too. They are also working on the next steps.

It is uncommon in any country to move over 300 people snd volunteer to search day and night for a missing child. They did what they could.

Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister has expressed her condolences to the family of teenager Nóra Quoirin, who was found dead earlier this week.

Speaking outside Pantai police station, Wan Azizah Wan Ismail expressed her sadness about the incident and added that the police would help to send Nóra's remains home.

She said: "It's very sad that she was found [dead]. Now I will leave the investigation, if there is anything else to be discovered, to the police."

Malaysia extends condolences to Nóra Quoirin's family

Unrea
I’m catching up still but really!!?? IMO that is completely unreasonable when there is no evidence at the home or on her body that she was taken. If I was a visitor I would not bother with that without a court order. It isn’t necessary. Nobody kidnapped Nora and nobody went through the window.
I suggested it in reference to the fingerprint on the window which they couldn’t identify so encase she was lured away then she got upset and they ran off?
<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying that the assumption that Nora was found to the east of the Dusan is wrong, and that she was found nearer to Haw Kee durian orchard to the west or south west?

Then we have to be fair for all and not be quick to judge or have negative thoughts when the Malaysians have done their best too. They are also working on the next steps.

It is uncommon in any country to move over 300 people snd volunteer to search day and night for a missing child. They did what they could.
Oh, I totally agree. I think the Malaysians did an amazing job, and were totally dedicated and should be highly praised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay