Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was this girl alone in a strange room?

Her mother stated that she was extremely fearful and nervous, and needed cuddling hours of reassurance each night.

I would assume a girl with such a severe brain condition, would be extremely nervous in a completely different environment, a room she did not know. Yet was left to sleep there with the window opened from the inside, but not by her due to her frêle muscles.
I would assume her clinging on her parents more than ever that night instead of her exploring the area in the dark of night.

I am not getting these circumstances, sad case.
Nora was in an upstairs room with her brother and sisster.
Her parents were asleep downstairs.
they were staying in a small private resort.
She was used to foreign holidays.

There were pictures posted, earlier in the thread, showing the handle of one of the panes to be missing. Yes it would make it easier for someone to get in, but also easier for Nora to be able to get out as all she had to do was push it.
Thank you. So Gamble has a point. But do we know if there was a lock on the window?

Intact is the term for the state of the body parts, ie not dismembered or missing any limbs. Nothing to do with clothing.

I'm aware 'intact' wasn't relevant. That's why I highlighted the two different phrases about clothing.

ie. "completely naked" VS "not in any clothing'' These 2 statements came from the Police Chief.

I may have missed a few pages trying to get caught up so I apologize if this has been discussed. It was mentioned that there were scratches on Nora's feet. Do we know if she left the cabin barefoot? My assumption would be that if she was not wearing proper hiking footwear her feet would be torn to shreds by the terrain. If she did have shoes on that shows forward planning which I thought was unlikely due to her condition. If she had shoes on, did she also put clothes on? Her Mother said she like bright clothing but couldn't do buttons etc so I'm pretty sure she had things that could be pulled on over her head. If she was found unclothed I wouldn't be surprise if she had hypothermia, if that is possible in the climate there, and disregarded her clothing. I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful. It's hard to discuss something about a victim who had to cope with things that made her life more difficult.

I may have missed a few pages trying to get caught up so I apologize if this has been discussed. It was mentioned that there were scratches on Nora's feet. Do we know if she left the cabin barefoot? My assumption would be that if she was not wearing proper hiking footwear her feet would be torn to shreds by the terrain. If she did have shoes on that shows forward planning which I thought was unlikely due to her condition. If she had shoes on, did she also put clothes on? Her Mother said she like bright clothing but couldn't do buttons etc so I'm pretty sure she had things that could be pulled on over her head. If she was found unclothed I wouldn't be surprise if she had hypothermia, if that is possible in the climate there, and disregarded her clothing. I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful. It's hard to discuss something about a victim who had to cope with things that made her life more difficult.

I only saw a report of a singular cut or scratch (i forget if it was cut or scratch used) not multiple.

None of that has been established in public. The family may know more. Maybe we will never know the details such as what she was/ wasn't wearing or the state of her feet. I think it will be up to the family whether they want to reveal such details.

I think it is as simple as N wandered off from the cabin. For whatever reason, whether she couldn’t sleep because she was too hot, or went outside to escape bugs, heard noises, we will probably never know what made her go outside that night/morning. I did (and possibly still do) wonder if one or both of her siblings had snuck out with her and had returned back without N. It would certainly back up the train of thought that N would never have left on her own. Does anyone else think she could have left with one or both of the siblings? Perhaps they only went outside to not go far and N didn’t want to return back with the sibling. I think her parents genuinely believed that N would never have gone off on her own but in reality, it could have happened. The ‘N would never go off on her own’ should have been ‘N has never gone off on her own’. It is so terribly sad because they were so adamant that she had been abducted. I wonder if the search would have been carried out any differently if her parents hadn’t been so sure she would not have wandered off, they were sure she had been abducted. It is absolutely heartbreaking - if she was alive wandering around for almost a week or so, she must have been very confused, so anxious and distressed as well as tired, sore and hungry/thirsty. She must have been absolutely petrified and been missing her parents and family terribly. As for reports of them threatening criminal criminal investigation, the parents praised the efforts of the police and search teams during the search. As parents, we try to do everything to keep our children safe. They must have been confident that the resort was safe before they booked it - they were well travelled and I’m sure they would have checked out how suitable it would be for N as well as looking at reviews for the resort. They would have probably known that the doors would not lock and must have felt it was a safe place to go. Everyone is different - we only have one child, a 13yr old daughter who is extremely vigilant, even when we are at home she always checks the doors are locked before going to bed. When we are on holiday she always checks that we have put the lock on. I personally would not be comfortable staying somewhere that the doors do not lock. Even in the safest of places, if the doors do not lock then it increases the risk. There could be opportunists and children can wander off even if they haven’t done it before and even when parents are convinced that they would never do this.

But then there would have been the other children's footprints going out and coming back. So I don't think it can be this explanation. That would be a terrible thing to live with if you were a child too, knowing the outcome.

As a mother to a teenager with learning difficulties, it is astonishing how independent they become minute by minute let alone day by day year by year. My son surprises me all the time with the things he is capable of.

For example, my son never leaves my side when out in public and hates to do anything that might draw attention to the fact he even exists, (he dragged me to a toy shop to buy a big nerf gun then refused to play with it because he didn't want the other kids looking at him) to then literally a week later I'm at the pharmacy with him and he leaves my side to OFFER to open a door for a delivery man holding loads of boxes. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would have NEVER believed that happened.

That is what we need to remember. Nora was capable of so much. RIP baby girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay