Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read her wall and she was a total nut job. I can't believe it ever made it in the MSM that some random lawyer, with no connection to the case at all, was making accusations against the parents. She even tried to claim that Nora's ruptured ulcer could have been caused by anal rape. Jeez. I guess this lawyer doesn't even know where the stomach is located?!

If this kind of thing is what that woman is posting, I might tend to agree.
Then again, maybe she’s not a total nut job, but rather someone who’s seen and discovered things in this world that most of us here have been fortunate not to, and hopefully never will.

BTW, for some reason, I get the impression this is from Fakebook or other “Social Media”.... If so, please keep in mind that is not allowed here , it’s against TOS.
It’s rather vile and doesn’t belong here, IMO.

Though it looks like there will probably not be justice for the only innocent Victim in this case, the victim who is Nora, the least we can do is keep the discussion respectful in her honor. IMO

Last edited:
If this kind of thing is what that woman is posting, I might tend to agree.
Then again, maybe she’s not a total nut job, but rather someone who’s seen and discovered things in this world that most of us here have been fortunate not to, and hopefully never will.

BTW, for some reason, I get the impression this is from Fakebook or other “Social Media”.... If so, please keep in mind that is not allowed here , it’s against TOS.
It’s rather vile and doesn’t belong here, IMO.

Though it looks like there will probably not be justice for the only innocent Victim in this case, the victim who is Nora, the least we can do is keep the discussion respectful in her honor. IMO
Seeing and discovering things in this world does not give someone the right to publicly defame the only surviving victims in this case, who will have to suffer the rest of their lives without their daughter and sister.

This woman's statements in MSM were irresponsible and unprofessional.
This family has already been though enough with all the public scrutiny and accusations.

LE have expressed many times how public opinion, rumors, and speculation can hinder an investigation. What that woman claimed as fact only gave people a reason to support their opinions that the family must have been involved in their child's death.

That a lawyer who is supposed to be an advocate for children went out of her way to accuse the family of being involved in a crime is what is vile and disrespectful. IMO

Last edited:
With regards to her being unclothed. I can understand as others have said that she might have decided to remove her pants for various reasons which need no explanation. But why did she remove her top? And - where is her discarded clothing?

With regards to her being unclothed. I can understand as others have said that she might have decided to remove her pants for various reasons which need no explanation. But why did she remove her top? And - where is her discarded clothing?
ITA - even if she slept in underwear wouldn’t she grab a robe? This case is baffling IMO with the contradictions - is it possible to get fingerprints off the skin? I know they can use various techniques for DNA and I hope that was done JMO

I still don't understand why police have not taken scent-specific trailing dogs to the spot were Nora was found and let the dogs backtrack her rute, doing that would tell a lot about what happened and also possibly locate Noras missing underwear.

She is positioned with her hands as though she is sleeping peacefully in a place she wanted to visit (the waterfall) – It doesn’t add up IMO.
I am wondering if she was found on the resort grounds (within 600 metres article) but was taken or abducted/moved off the resort on purpose. Hope further post mortem results will help sort this out.

Yes, that's another thing that makes no sense. Conditions were almost ideal for the dogs to pick up her scent.
Scents are easier to pick up in cool, moist environments in shady areas with lush vegatation and no wind. It wasn't exactly cool, but it is the dry heat and direct sunlight that hinder them. Direct sunlight causes the scent vapors to to rise above the level the dogs are working. But there must have been plenty of shady areas in the jungle.

And she was barefoot! How could the dogs have lost her scent at the resort, and never picked it up again, especially if they were given a pair of her shoes?

And what about the cadaver dogs? They never picked up a scent even though they had just been there, and it was strong enough for even humans to smell? It just doesn't add up. Imo
Because she was carried by someone at some point perhaps and left where they knew searchers had already looked? Who would know that?

BBM - Is this an actual fact? Has the autopsy been released that says she only had a few scratches? I really doubt the Malaysian authorities would say no foul play if her body was basically pristine. I also think her parents would be publicly crying foul if this were true

Yes it’s fact. Also that’s what the people who discovered her said. Eye witnesses. I’m not quoting msn reports on every post!

I don’t know and can someone please explain, if toxicology and DNA do not show anything then is the case just closed?
Well, from what I understand, investigators are waiting for the results to see if there is any indication that a crime took place, such as foreign DNA (not belonging to the family) or substances in her system that shouldn't be there, or anything to suggest she died from other causes.

Someone who knows more about forensic pathology may know more.

There have been other cases where pathologists have come to different conclusions as to what the COD and manner of death was.

So if they don't find anything that points to foul play, they may decide not to pursue the criminal investigation if they think she died from natural causes.
IMO

I have been away with the family and I am trying to catch up on what has been happening. I will apologise now for any mistakes or misinformation because of my speed reading.
A few comments:
1.) The extended family and their media comments. There appears to be a disconnect here but one commonality.
In my last post I commented on how the family had accepted the autopsy results and were planning on taking Nora home. I suppose this is technically hearsay because it was on the radio and SM. It came from Meabh's family. Then we have Sebastiens father saying something else and stating something about a French investigation. From what I can see neither family have stated anything since the statement about the LBT taking over.
The statement about 'unhelpful comments' and the LBT becoming the voice of the family, left me feeling very uncomfortable for 2 reasons.
1.) It was a public humiliation of an extended family. An extended family which are the parents natural support network going forward. It also makes me question a disconnect between the parents and how they are dealing with the grief and trauma. I.e. Meabh would speak to her family and Sebastien his. There have been reports of Sebastien lashing out. My thoughts are that the French grandfather is maybe only repeating what he has been told. The same with Meabh's family. This is not a criticism, just an observation because everyone would react differently.
2.) I am maybe out of line here but Meabh's family are intelligent as are Sebastian's. His father is a public figure. A quiet word in their ear to stay quiet is all that was required not a public humiliation!! I hope they haven't been advised by the LBT to do so and encouraged by them. I am just thinking of follow the money. There is a large fund needing allocated. I am trying to reason with myself over this but at the moment can't.
The commonality between the the 2 sides of the family is in their description of Nora.
Again, hearsay in part because I got my info from a radio interview with Meabh's family member. It was less than 48 hours after she went missing. I think it was an aunt she talked about Nora's love of waterfalls and described Nora as adventurous! Her French grandfather said her disabilities were mild. Maybe, because I have experience in SN I presumed her physical disability was mild because her cognitive disabilities were never in question. I could be very wrong though.

Re: the autopsy. When they commented on the scratches and bruises on her legs. I took from that conducive to have been lost in the jungle but NOT conducive to abuse, kidnap or murder. It doesn't mean the scratches or bruises weren't severe, they were just not relevant to cause of death but did confirm she was wondering around in the jungle.
I have read that the Pathologist was world renowned and well respected. I find it very offensive that people doubt his findings. Though he probably doesn't care and expects it. :)
Someone I spoke to on holiday said that it might be difficult to find a Pathologist to do a 2nd autopsy if the family wants one. Unless one of the 3 Governments involved (UK, Ireland, France) appoint one.

Agree with you re autopsy etc plus I would assume a team from that part of the world would be best to assess toxicology if from any of the poisonous/ medicinal plants in the region.

Re LB statement I never took that to refer to the wider family but instead refer to Jim Gamble? Am I wrong in this?

Agree with you re autopsy etc plus I would assume a team from that part of the world would be best to assess toxicology if from any of the poisonous/ medicinal plants in the region.

Re LB statement I never took that to refer to the wider family but instead refer to Jim Gamble? Am I wrong in this?
Who knows. He denies it though

Hi MariaMac,
Here is a link to just one article that mentions family members and it also mentions 'others.' Just knowing Meabh's family background, I can't see them having Jim Gamble representing them, so yes, it could be directed at him.
Nora Quoirin’s family call for an end to ‘unhelpful’ comments about her death - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

I have been away with the family and I am trying to catch up on what has been happening. I will apologise now for any mistakes or misinformation because of my speed reading.
A few comments:
1.) The extended family and their media comments. There appears to be a disconnect here but one commonality.
In my last post I commented on how the family had accepted the autopsy results and were planning on taking Nora home. I suppose this is technically hearsay because it was on the radio and SM. It came from Meabh's family. Then we have Sebastiens father saying something else and stating something about a French investigation. From what I can see neither family have stated anything since the statement about the LBT taking over.
The statement about 'unhelpful comments' and the LBT becoming the voice of the family, left me feeling very uncomfortable for 2 reasons.
1.) It was a public humiliation of an extended family. An extended family which are the parents natural support network going forward. It also makes me question a disconnect between the parents and how they are dealing with the grief and trauma. I.e. Meabh would speak to her family and Sebastien his. There have been reports of Sebastien lashing out. My thoughts are that the French grandfather is maybe only repeating what he has been told. The same with Meabh's family. This is not a criticism, just an observation because everyone would react differently.
2.) I am maybe out of line here but Meabh's family are intelligent as are Sebastian's. His father is a public figure. A quiet word in their ear to stay quiet is all that was required not a public humiliation!! I hope they haven't been advised by the LBT to do so and encouraged by them. I am just thinking of follow the money. There is a large fund needing allocated. I am trying to reason with myself over this but at the moment can't.
The commonality between the the 2 sides of the family is in their description of Nora.
Again, hearsay in part because I got my info from a radio interview with Meabh's family member. It was less than 48 hours after she went missing. I think it was an aunt she talked about Nora's love of waterfalls and described Nora as adventurous! Her French grandfather said her disabilities were mild. Maybe, because I have experience in SN I presumed her physical disability was mild because her cognitive disabilities were never in question. I could be very wrong though.

Re: the autopsy. When they commented on the scratches and bruises on her legs. I took from that conducive to have been lost in the jungle but NOT conducive to abuse, kidnap or murder. It doesn't mean the scratches or bruises weren't severe, they were just not relevant to cause of death but did confirm she was wondering around in the jungle.
I have read that the Pathologist was world renowned and well respected. I find it very offensive that people doubt his findings. Though he probably doesn't care and expects it. :)
Someone I spoke to on holiday said that it might be difficult to find a Pathologist to do a 2nd autopsy if the family wants one. Unless one of the 3 Governments involved (UK, Ireland, France) appoint one.
Perhaps it won't be that hard to find a Pathologist to carry out a 2nd autopsy, since it wouldn't be the first time ever that a 2nd autopsy would take place. I'm pretty sure that whoever is assisting the parents, knows exactly whom to approach.

Aug 15 2019
re post, fwiw
Autopsy finds Nora Quoirin died from injuries caused by starvation and stress
"The results of a post-mortem, conducted at a hospital in the nearby town of Seremban, were announced on Thursday, finding Nora died from intestinal bleeding "two to three days" before her body was found.

Police today revealed that following a 12-hour autopsy, four pathologists found the 15-year-old had suffered a perforated ulcer, which they believe was likely caused by stress and having gone without food for days.

Despite some scratching and bruising to her arms and legs, Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop also ruled out foul play, telling a press conference there were no signs of physical or sexual violence."

I mean actual evidence, not the family's assertion that she couldn't have gone out on her own.

There was no evidence is a break-in, no evidence of a struggle, no evidence that she was assaulted either physically or sexually. If the DNA test comes back with no foreign DNA and the toxicology test comes back negative, what is the conclusion then?
If that is the case then there may be no need for a second autopsy.
Without any evidence of foul play I'm assuming the conclusion would be that the manner of death was accidental and from natural causes, and there is no need to pursue a criminal investigation. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas