Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that hasn't been done?

I'm not from Malaysia so i have no idea but from an outsiders perspective, i think they've been amazing. Really genuine human response from the people on the ground. That gives me faith in their investigation.
I don't understand your method. I was responding to your comment about unreliability of eye witness accounts.

Do you think a uk autopsy would have different results?

Very interesting question, which I am totally unqualified to answer but someone may know.

Would the Malaysian team have had full access to Nora's medical records?

FYI

Ulcers are not caused by stress, as was previously thought. The majority are caused by an H. pylori bacterial infection or overuse of medications such as NSAIDs. Stress and lack of food can make symptoms worse and eventually cause a perforation, but don’t cause ulcers. Nóra must have already had an ulcer, or possibly a gastric tumor.

FYI

Ulcers are not caused by stress, as was previously thought. The majority are caused by an H. pylori bacterial infection or overuse of medications such as NSAIDs. Stress and lack of food can make symptoms worse and eventually cause a perforation, but don’t cause ulcers. Nóra must have already had an ulcer, or possibly a gastric tumor.

stress can cause ulcers. People have posted medical/scientific articles about it. Can you post any that state otherwise?

Do you think a uk autopsy would have different results?

As this article suggests a second autopsy is an independent examination of the body.
https://autopsychicago.com/services/second-autopsy/
“If you still have questions after a first autopsy, a second autopsy may help. A second autopsy may add an element of thoroughness to a case and function as an “independent” look at the case”.

https://www.forensicequity.com/forensic-pathology
“A second independent post mortem .... could reveal new information or lead to a different interpretation”

stress can cause ulcers. People have posted medical/scientific articles about it. Can you post any that state otherwise?

Stress ulcer: Symptoms and treatments

A stress ulcer causes sores in the upper gastrointestinal tract. These sores damage the gastrointestinal lining and cause pain and a feeling of burning, as well as an increased risk of infection. The damage ranges from minor irritation to severe bleeding.

Stress ulcers come on suddenly, usually as a result of physiological stress.

How extreme hunger leads to death: A paediatric surgeon explains after Nora Quoirin’s case | Malay Mail
"Amid the outpouring of sympathy for the Quoirins’ loss of their special needs eldest child, many Malaysians also wondered if it’s possible for a person to starve to death in under 10 days.

To that question, paediatric surgeon at University Malaya Medical Centre Prof Dr Yik Yee Ian explains that prolonged hunger can cause acid to build up in the internal abdominal organ, which can lead to stomach ulcer or “leaky gut”, and that can be fatal."

“A chronic stomach ulcer can cause leaky gut that could lead to peritonitis, which is due to extreme bacterial infection either through the blood or stomach. This can cause a shock to all the organs and inflict pain before causing death.

“However, the risk depends on the individual and their health status. Among the causes of leaky gut is due to infection, inflammation and trauma,” he was quoted saying.

He said most cases of leaky gut in children happen due to a pre-existing condition from birth."

Takes much longer time for Helicobacter pylori bacteria to cause a damage like this.

We don’t know what kind of pre-existing medical issues she had. GI issues are commonly associated with her brain condition, so this may have just exacerbated some issue she already had in her intestines.

ETA: an article the day the results were released said her ulcer was complicated by perforation. That means her stomach juices basically burned a hole in her intestine and she died from peritonitis and sepsis.

Your comment brings up good memories. The birds were probably loud by 5:30AM on Aug 4.

Oh gosh! If wild tropical birds are anything like my two parrots, they wake up excited about the day at the first hint of daylight, or sooner! They both wake up talking and making all of their favorite noises. By 5:30 am I’d bet a jungle full of birds would be pretty noisy for sure!

Tragic teen's family hit out at 'distressing, unhelpful' comments by relatives
"Early on Saturday the teenager's family issued a statement asking the media to only rely on comments issued on their behalf by the Lucie Blackman Trust (LBT).

"Any other comments and views are those of the speaker and do not necessarily reflect the views of the immediate family or an accurate portrayal of the facts," the statement said.

"Nora's family are concerned that continued reporting of comments such as those recently reported are unhelpful and may hinder any investigations, as well as causing confusion and distress for them."

Oh gosh! If wild tropical birds are anything like my two parrots, they wake up excited about the day at the first hint of daylight, or sooner! They both wake up talking and making all of their favorite noises. By 5:30 am I’d bet a jungle full of birds would be pretty noisy for sure!

Its just fantastic, the birds, the frogs, the monkeys..

and the mosquitos have finally gone to bed!

"Early on Saturday the teenager's family issued a statement asking the media to only rely on comments issued on their behalf by the Lucie Blackman Trust (LBT).

"Any other comments and views are those of the speaker and do not necessarily reflect the views of the immediate family or an accurate portrayal of the facts," the statement said.

"Nora's family are concerned that continued reporting of comments such as those recently reported are unhelpful and may hinder any investigations, as well as causing confusion and distress for them."

Uh oh! Does this mean grandpa Quoirin is in the doghouse?

In other news, this is an interesting quote from the article:

Malaysian police said following a postmortem that Nora starved after her disappearance and there was no evidence of abduction or kidnapping "for the time being".
BBM

Gosh, that´s quite a surprise. Why the need?

The only family members who have spoken out were the aunt at the beginning and then the grandfather, both in defence of Nora's incapacity .

Gosh, that´s quite a surprise. Why the need?

The only family members who have spoken out were the aunt at the beginning and then the grandfather, both in defence of Nora's incapacity .

i found it interesting that the grandfather thought she wouldn’t have went off, but also said her disability was mild. mixed messages on her abilities.

IMO likely a tragic accident but if it wasn’t, i doubt it was a random stranger who abducted her or took her into the jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46