Man seen carrying diaper clad baby

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, there is no way in heck, with the media all over this case that it took MT over a week to connect the dots.

I'm having issues with this news report. First, GMA or ABC state there are three eye witnesses. I seem to recall and correct me if I am mistaken, the wife only heard what her husband said he saw and she is not an eye witness.

Second. If, and that is a BIG if this is somehow the same guy walking with a baby from 12 AM to an intersection at 4AM, where was he walking to and how long did he have to walk to the Irwin home? Or was he already there partying or hanging out, somewhere in the neighbrhood without a car...that;s four hours of walking with a baby...hinky...

Clipboard01mapofsightings-1.jpg

Yes, but I live in a sleepy azz village in Switzerland, and there's no violent crimes to speak of, so I'm more lax then I would be if I lived, in say, Italy.
JMO, but many here in the U.S. would be very much more likely to not make a personal confrontation at that time of nite (after dark, no one else around) but call LE. Much might depend on whether the witness is frail/female and alone, etc..

And sadly, many here would not even call LE becuz they don't want to "get involved" for whatever reasons.

So do we have 3 sets of people who saw this man and baby?

First one woman said husband came home and told her about it and asked her if they should call the police.

Second one the motorcycle guy.

Third one the lady who says her and her husband saw the baby.

Don't forget to put new MSM article in the Media Thread for reference. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151102"]Media links~NO DISCUSSION PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

First one woman said husband came home and told her about it and asked her if they should call the police.

Isn't First and Third same one?

If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry. I'm trying to catch up.

Re the baby reported as only wearing a diaper, the baby could easily have on the purple shorts/short pajama bottoms and white top that DB stated. One person described seeing the baby's leg with no clothing. When a baby is being carried, knit shorts would pull up easily, depending on the position of the baby's leg and the adult's arms. And the top of the baby's thigh would be in darker shadow because of the adult's arms. And a white top could easily look like the baby wasn't wearing a top.

I'm not saying the description in either sighting is accurate or described accurately in the media. I'm just saying in a quick encounter at night, it could easily appear a baby dressed as DB stated was not wearing clothes.

JMO, but many here in the U.S. would be very much more likely to not make a personal confrontation at that time of nite (after dark, no one else around) but call LE. Much might depend on whether the witness is frail/female and alone, etc..

And sadly, many here would not even call LE becuz they don't want to "get involved" for whatever reasons.

I agree and that is sad.. I have always myself been one to get involved though. I know myself and know that I would have stopped and called the police. what if this person was homeless and this child had no clothes, what if the were in a car accident or a mugging and were injured and lost their wits about them. Could be something so innocent yet it could be something bad too. I would have called the police and asked if they needed help, male or female.

Did the motorcycle guy say the man was black because I believe the other sighting of "this man" was such. I have not seen the third one you mention? (Is there a link handy anyone?)

IMO, there is no way in heck, with the media all over this case that it took MT over a week to connect the dots.
I disagree...as someone else posted upthread, it is really not uncommon that someone might not be "up on the latest news", online or off.

Even I go for spells where I avoid the news online or off (it's usually bad), or just get ultra-busy with RL. Some people travel...some people don't even have a TV or Internet. Many people don't even discuss the news in person, in my experience.

JMO...altho I am wary of people looking for their 15 minutes of fame and other reasons why there could be false witness reports.

When one of the Baton Rouge serial killers was operating, LE discounted eye witness testimony of folks in the area who said they saw a strange black man in the area where Murray Pace was subsequently found murdered. Eventually, a Florida DNA research lab was able to determine race with a degree of accuracy. Voila! Her killer was African American. Eventually, after a few more murders, LE was at intersections with the sketch that had been circulating privately for awhile. Derrick Todd Lee was arrested and convicted of her murder. He is African American. He is believed to be the serial killer. The reason LE discounted: profilers said the guy was a white professional.

Three Kansas City residents said Friday that they saw a suspicious man walking the streets with an infant on the night that 11-month-old Lisa Irwin disappeared.

1) Motorcycle Guy headed home around 4a

2) Guy who saw the walker around Midnight (his wife's been speaking for him)

3) Another female witness interviewed four times since her sighting (no details)

You know, when I watched it, I got the feeling it was a different woman. But they looked "enough" alike I just assumed she did herself up or something. That makes so much more sense. So it seems there are two people in addition to the couple where only the husband saw it.

Did the motorcycle guy say the man was black because I believe the other sighting of "this man" was such. I have not seen the third one you mention? (Is there a link handy anyone?)

I think that was the neighbor guy! He also said jersey was in 20s and clean shaven. moo:innocent:

I think it's actually 3 different sightings . . . at least that is what I am understanding from the articles I have read. I get way too confused reading posts.

Media is using the word "discounted" as though LE poo-poohed the idea of any of these "sightings", when that may not be the case at all. Many people are quick to accuse the media of twisting Mom's word, yet believe what they infer about LE?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7261825&postcount=148"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Man seen carrying diaper clad baby[/ame]

Media is using the word "discounted" as though LE poo-poohed the idea of any of these "sightings", when that may not be the case at all. Many people are quick to accuse the media of twisting Mom's word, yet believe what they infer about LE?

I feel like I have a memory of LE actually saying that in a PC, using that word.

I took "discounted" to mean that LE checked out the sightings and determined they had nothing to do with Lisa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back