Manorville Bodies: A Second Killer? Latest Remains found 02/17/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This thread is so creepy. Time to go watch mindless TV...and get my mind off of this horrible topic. Even the name Manorville is creepy.

OT, I thought the way Peter B (now of WS Radio) pronounced the name made it seem less creepy. With his accent, it sounded like "Manner will." :)

Wow, every other story I have read, about this JD, said that only one foot had painted toenails. UGH!!! Why are there so many mistakes. Now, we don't know which is accurate, again. It's so annoying.

Example:
SOURCE: Woman's Severed Legs Found on Fire Island: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
By Geoffrey Mohan. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 22 Apr 1996: A.25.

Quote:
"Police are investigating the discovery of two severed legs on the shores of Fire Island this weekend.

The legs, protruding from a black plastic gargage bag, were found Saturday at about 5:30 p.m. by two seasonal residents walking along Blue Point Beach, about a mile west of Davis Park on the bay side of the island, said Det. Sgt. Kevin Cronin of the Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad.

The toenails of one foot were painted red, and both legs belonged to the same woman, Cronin said. A preliminary examination also revealed that both legs have scars that police hope will help in identifying the victim."

And Another:http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8360554
Press reports from April 1996 indicate that two severed legs were found on the shores of Davis Park, on Fire Island, by two seasonal residents walking along the beach. The toenails of one foot were painted red and the right leg had 3 1/2-inch scar on the rear calf and L-shaped scar on the shin. The left leg had a 3 1/2-inch scar on the inner side.

I appreciate your frustration. I guess it's up to each individual to decide who they feel is the best source of information regarding Jane Doe 9098.

Here is a link and information about the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System:

U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
NamUs National Missing and Unidentified Persons System
http://namus.gov/

"The Unidentified Persons Database contains information entered by medical examiners and coroners. Unidentified persons are people who have died and whose bodies have not been identified. Anyone can search this database using characteristics such as sex, race, distinct body features and even dental information."

Here is a link to the Unidentified Persons Database Homepage (It is the database that Jane Doe 9098 is in):

NamUs Unidentified Persons Database
https://identifyus.org/en

re: identifyus.org

omg - i had no idea......of the detail

i am.....not nearly as familiar on these things as you super sleuthers.
are there case numbers for

shannan gilbert
megan waterman
melissa barthelemy
maureen brainard-barnes
and
last but not least - amber costello?

thanx

tkm

The database that contains information regarding Jane Doe 9098 is for Missing and Unidentified Persons. I don't know if any of the five women were featured in the database before they were found.

Good question though.

Time to make a wish on the full moon

I wish the medical examiners report will come through
BEFORE we hit the 3 month mile stone.....
which will be march 13.

Isn't it odd that the one JD that has been linked to the baby, who was wrapped in a blanket, and is said to be her mother was left in such a way that her head and body have yet to be found?

No it is not odd, it is telling us something about his feelings towards women and probably his own mother. With each act of killing he is symbolicly ridding himself of the baggage he carries for his own mother. He didn't hate the child, he is angry with the mother and is exacting his revenge against her for abandoning him and the intense feelings of guilt he felt as a child because he caused her death.

No it is not odd, it is telling us something about his feelings towards women and probably his own mother. With each act of killing he is symbolicly ridding himself of the baggage he carries for his own mother. He didn't hate the child, he is angry with the mother and is exacting his revenge against her for abandoning him and the intense feelings of guilt he felt as a child because he caused her death.

But why kill the child? Is it just collateral damage? Was his urge to kill so overwhelming that he couldn't have waited until the next victim and instead had to murder the child? This guy obviously is psychologically stunted, as he cannot feel empathy like normal high functioning human beings can, but I wonder if that eats at him.

Not to give this guy too much credit in the humanitarian department, but I don't think killing a child is part of his murder fantasy.

But why kill the child? Is it just collateral damage? Was his urge to kill so overwhelming that he couldn't have waited until the next victim and instead had to murder the child? This guy obviously is psychologically stunted, as he cannot feel empathy like normal high functioning human beings can, but I wonder if that eats at him.

Not to give this guy too much credit in the humanitarian department, but I don't think killing a child is part of his murder fantasy.

The child was there, I think prior to craigslist it was more difficult and time consuming to find his victims, if he put in all this work and time to find a victim, and then at the final hour she showed with baby in hand, or that was all he was able to recruit that year, then so be it. He wasn't going to wait x amount of months to find another victim. He had to kill the baby otherwise he would be leaving a trace, a missing person report etc.

I believe we were told the baby and mother were non-caucasion or mixed. We know the sk adheres to beliefs of classism and racism, so even if his conscious mind showed up for 1 minute when the woman and child were under his control he would have shrugged this child off. It doesn't eat at him at all that he killed a baby.

I used to think he wrapped the living baby in the blanket and left it in the bush to die, now I believe he administered a lethal dose of morphine or another drug to soothe the baby to death. He certainly wouldn't want a baby in his trophy case screaming for an entire day.

The child was there, I think prior to craigslist it was more difficult and time consuming to find his victims, if he put in all this work and time to find a victim, and then at the final hour she showed with baby in hand, or that was all he was able to recruit that year, then so be it. He wasn't going to wait x amount of months to find another victim. He had to kill the baby otherwise he would be leaving a trace, a missing person report etc.

I believe we were told the baby and mother were non-caucasion or mixed. We know the sk adheres to beliefs of classism and racism, so even if his conscious mind showed up for 1 minute when the woman and child were under his control he would have shrugged this child off. It doesn't eat at him at all that he killed a baby.

I used to think he wrapped the living baby in the blanket and left it in the bush to die, now I believe he administered a lethal dose of morphine or another drug to soothe the baby to death. He certainly wouldn't want a baby in his trophy case screaming for an entire day.

Yeah. I'm reminded of Charles Ng and Leonard Lake who on at least one occasion kidnapped a wife, husband and infant simply because they wanted the wife. This being the case, they murdered the infant and husband immediately. Doesn't sound like those two felt two torn up about it.

killing the baby is probably neither here nor there.

killing the baby is a means to an end and enjoyable for a sadist.

tomorrow makes it 3 months to the day
shannan gilbert was found and brought to the
medical examiner's place in NYC.

H-O-W L-O-N-G is it going to take to get the results????????

arrghhhhhhhhhhh

And how long is it going to take to announce at least the sex of the Manorville body recently found? They SURELY must know by now if the body is male or female, and if they died from any sort of violence. Keeping this quiet gives the impression of either incompetence or a cover-up. Of course, they have to keep some information to theirselves, but when a body is discovered in the middle of where other bodies from a SK have been discovered, the public deserves to know the basics about the new body. :twocents:

And how long is it going to take to announce at least the sex of the Manorville body recently found? They SURELY must know by now if the body is male or female, and if they died from any sort of violence. Keeping this quiet gives the impression of either incompetence or a cover-up. Of course, they have to keep some information to theirselves, but when a body is discovered in the middle of where other bodies from a SK have been discovered, the public deserves to know the basics about the new body. :twocents:

I wonder how this adds up with the announcement that there is more than one killer (link below). Do they have info about SG or the Manorville body? Does anyone know the story behind why Dormer stepped down?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-new-homicide-chief/?tag=mncol;lst;1#comments

How close is Manorville to Captree Island?

I have a friend who is a trap shooter and the NYS Police will not allow him
and his hunter (shooter) friends to shoot
at Captree Island, due to police investigation of the Gilgo 4 & Oak Beach bodies.

so - I am not from Long Island - does anyone know how close Captree Island
is to Manorville?

TKM

How close is Manorville to Captree Island?

I have a friend who is a trap shooter and the NYS Police will not allow him
and his hunter (shooter) friends to shoot
at Captree Island, due to police investigation of the Gilgo 4 & Oak Beach bodies.

so - I am not from Long Island - does anyone know how close Captree Island
is to Manorville?

TKM

I looked it up......38 miles/46 minutes.

I looked it up......38 miles/46 minutes.

38 miles is not that close.

i was thinking - maybe 5 miles.

well......captree island - which IS close to oak beach
its only 2.46 miles away...and 4 minutes away
is CLOSED to hunters or trap shooters........

due to the gilgo investigation.

ALL OF A SUDDEN the new york state police will not let the hunters
shoot at Captree.

HAVENT READ THAT IN THE NEWS have we?
ekkkkk

I wonder how this adds up with the announcement that there is more than one killer (link below). Do they have info about SG or the Manorville body? Does anyone know the story behind why Dormer stepped down?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-new-homicide-chief/?tag=mncol;lst;1#comments

I'm pretty sure that Dormer was due to retire in January. I don't think he was forced out, although there was clearly some dissent of some kind in the department over the single killer theory.

Mari Gilbert was at Oak Beach on Saturday, March 10 for a vigil for Shannan.

Regarding the new theory of whether it is ONE sk - or more than ONE sk - she said

"whether its ONE or or if its TEN - whomever they are - they need to be caught
and they need to be stopped - "

here is the you tube video
if its not allowed to be posted .....
please mod snip it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qm6bNQuFZq8#!

TKM

Mari Gilbert was at Oak Beach on Saturday, March 10 for a vigil for Shannan.

Regarding the new theory of whether it is ONE sk - or more than ONE sk - she said

"whether its ONE or or if its TEN - whomever they are - they need to be caught
and they need to be stopped - "

here is the you tube video
if its not allowed to be posted .....
please mod snip it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qm6bNQuFZq8#!

TKM

A close inspection of the so-called" swamp shows once again that it is not a swamp. It is now March 2012. It looks pretty dry and brushy/bramble-filled.

A close inspection of the so-called" swamp shows once again that it is not a swamp. It is now March 2012. It looks pretty dry and brushy/bramble-filled.

If you look - closely - at that "swamp"

there is NO WAY Shannan ran through there.

The area where her grave is at - is totally tamped down - and trees and bramble CUT AWAY
and its still......all bramble.......

She DID NOT RUN THRU THERE......no way. I am only saying that from what i see on the screen - I have never been to that marsh.

TKM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back