Marc Klaas Wants To Know What You Think. Please Participate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In my opinion, Casey...
- feels like Baez and his dream team will free her from jail
- loves the attention she is getting
- is focused on the end result - money, movie and book deals.
- should not be in a private jail cell with commisary privileges.
- does not know the meaning of love in regards to her family.
- is guilty...guilty....GUILTY!

In my opinion, Lee...
- knows more than he's telling
- has a distorted relationship with Casey
- was talking to Casey when he said CMA
- took his laptop to memorial and Baez took his laptop to jail for a reason
- spoke of a promise at the memorial, knowing it would gain attention.
- is sneaky and definitely not being totally honest.
- is more afraid of what might happen to him than his sister.
- was spooky kissing the braclets on his arm at the memorial.

In my opinion, GA...
- should not be giving Haleigh's parents advice.
- should find the strength to leave Cindy.
- is probably an alright kinda guy
- allows Cindy to control his every thought
- needs to open his eyes while there is still a chance.
- is (probably) wearing a locket with Caylee's ashes.

In my opinion, CA...
- is a very controlling woman
- is a money-grabbing, materialistic woman
- like her daughter, only thinks of herself.
- is not trustworthy, honest, etc...
- a disgrace to her family

And lastly, my opinion on everyone else...
- Leonard Padilla has tried to help - I appreciate his efforts.
- Tim Miller and TES are THE BEST!
- LE has done an incredible job - Kudo's to them!
- The media - awesome job. Kathi Belich is my favorite.
- Baez and his dream team - definitely in la la land.
- KFN - definite THUMBS DOWN.
- WS has been my #1 source for this case - I appreciate everyone here!

I think it is shameless that the Anthony's have not visited the daughter they claim to love so well. Only folks that have something to hide wants to do things secretly - or so it appears that way to others.

Food for Thought...
The thought that keeps coming back to me is this: Is the way Casey is handling this, by NOT talking at all, setting the stage for future criminals that kills? If she had talked, the media would have capture the story on a few clips, we would have watched it on the 6 o'clock news, felt disgusted and sad, and wait for the media to bring our next story. It would have saved the county a whole lotta money (as well as time) too...

Hi Marc,

Thank you for being the compassionate child advocate who you are and thank you for doing it with the class that you do. Your Polly was beautiful. She reminds me of Anne Frank for some reason. I think she had a big purpose here on earth and is still serving that purpose, through you. So I have to thank Polly too. I think Caylee and Polly are holding hands in Heaven now, along with all murdered children, watching the world and this case, and trying to help us in their limited ways. So thank you Caylee and the other kids too.

How can we really "know" the answers to this case? We can only go by the facts and the discovery, including the forensic results. The main players in this case either aren't talking, or are lying most of the time.

I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist but I do study people. I usually try to compare their way of thinking to mine, their experiences to mine, or maybe the thinking and experiences of others who I have been/are close to. I do not liken this case to Susan Smith's case, but rather more to Scott Peterson's case, because of the families/players.

So I'm not going to classify any of the Anthonys with terms like sociopath or narcissist as I am not qualified.

I don't know the Anthonys. I don't know what went on in their home for the last 20 or so years. I only know what I have read or seen on tv. Only the Anthonys really know, although their family members have made it clear in their e-mails that Casey was/is a liar and that Cindy wanted to leave George, but didn't for financial reasons, that they didn't seem to care for George and intimated that there was mental illness (bi-polar disease) on his side of the family, that Cindy covered for Casey in an unhealthy fashion, right down to denying her pregnancy (and she is a Nurse).

As you can see, everyone has done their homework here and there are many more opinions that are similar than are not. One thing is for sure, everyone here loves Caylee . . . and has grieved her loss in their own way. Everyone has been angry at one point or another, for Caylee. I have cried for Caylee. She was full of life . . . a beautiful little soul who was eager to dance and read or sing a song. She loved alot of things and will never do them again and that is what is so sad.

Having said all of that, back to the facts and forensics:

Casey left the Anthony home with Caylee on June 15th at night. She then went to AL's house, without Caylee.

No one saw or spoke to Caylee after that night.

Casey's car was found abandoned at Amscot and was subsequently towed to Johnson Towing (?). She was supposedly "bonding" with Caylee in Jacksonville while visiting Jeff (can't think of his last name) and/or working and in Tampa with ZFG, Juliett Lewis and some others, including Juliett's daughter Annabelle. GA went to pick the car up and it smelled of human decomposition. GA knew what that smell was and admitted that to LE. He brought the car home anyway. That was on 7/15/08.

CA (and possibly GA) cleaned the car. She is a Nurse and also knows the smell of human decomposition. She found a number for Amy H. and called her. Amy told CA where KC was and CA picked Amy up and they went to TL's. Nowhere in the recorded interview with TL does he say that CA asked where Caylee was or looked for her at TL's house when there. Why? Why not?

CA and KC return to the Anthony home and LA comes over. KC refuses to bring them to Caylee. She even tells LA that Caylee should not be disturbed and that she was never going to know life again as she knew it. LE is called. CA tells GA "we lost her" meaning Caylee. How would she know that?

KC shows her true colors when she brings LE to Universal on 7/16/08, claiming to work there, to look for her Blackjack cell phone, which might have numbers for key people. She had already given a bunch of false information and addresses and that was going to come to light. She was pulled into a room and interviewed by police once she admitted that she had been fired at Universal in 2006. She continued to lie.

When this came to light, this struck my interest in this case. How bold was this 22 year old girl to out-and-out lie right to the faces of LE? How could she not break down and cry? Why wasn't she scared? Nothing made sense.

And then the news of the decomp smell in the car . . . turned into rotten pizza by CA (and she broke GA's arm to get him to concur, IMO). And then there was KC's Diary of Days poem which was, as a poster said above, somewhat of a confession and CA's supposed message to KC on her MySpace page, supporting the fact that KC was being spiteful toward her mother. I say "supposed" because I am not sure if CA or KC wrote that message.

And then the tests results started coming in and we learned that there was proof of human decomposition in the car and that the hair that was found in the car had a death band on it and the hair could only be from Caylee or KC and KC was alive. Then we learned that there was a high concentration of chloroform in the car as well.

Then we learned that "someone" in the Anthony household had been doing searches on missing children, chloroform, neck breaking and how to make household weapons. That is not something the average person looks up - especially a 22 year old girl who should be looking up the latest fashions or how to get a man.

On December 11, 2008, Caylee's remains were found. Her head, bound in duct tape with a heart sticker placed on her mouth. She was left in a location which was only 15 houses away from the Anthony home. Statistics show that parents who kill usually bring their child/children to a location close to their homes.

Aside from the facts, there was KC's demeanor to use against her, both before and after getting arrested. We saw her in a clip at Blockbuster with TL picking out movies on or about June 16th. We saw pictures of her at Club Fusion dancing away, all made up and dressed sexy . . . not looking too worried about her missing daughter . . . not exactly looking like she was doing her own investigation, as she stated. We saw her shopping at Target and cashing checks at the Bank, with Amy's checks, looking like it was any old day and not looking like she was doing her own investigation, as she claimed. She told no one about Caylee being missing but rather lied to them and said that she was with the Nanny.

I am sure that I am missing some facts here as there are too many to list. I think the above is enough to convict KC of murder but we have so much more. IMO, KC murdered Caylee. It was pre-meditated and it was at least, in part, done to spite CA. She is not capable of feeling what normal people are capable of feeling. I do not know how she went on to have the conversations that she did with her parents in the jailhouse videos. I do think she was somewhat manic at times. She was definitely more enthused about the fact that she ate coleslaw than she was about talking about finding her daughter. KC will always be a mystery to me. I don't know if we will ever find out who Caylee's father is. While others have inferred that it might be Lee, and while I have a hard time fathoming that, it is a possibility. Why else would Lee say that they will never tell who the father was in his front yard inteview with the media, unless there is a connection to crime? He said it was because they didn't want the other grandparents/family members to go through what they were going through. That doesn't make sense. The family has a right to know. If this is the secret that keeps this family together, and fighting for KC, then that may answer some questions.

I apologize for my lengthy post. Again, thank you Marc for caring for children as you do and for wanting our thoughts on this case.

Mr. Marc Klaas first I want to say Bless your big heart for all that you do.:blowkiss:

IMHO and I have said this several times, Casey left Caylee in some Bordello where something horrific did happen;
This was abuse and neglect to begin with but when she came to get her she panicked at her findings, and was afraid to report anything. But I also think the TAPE on Caylees mouth = you will never tell on me again and the Heart on the Tape means I am sorry I had to do this to you.

I do think Casey's parents knew that something bad happened and they did clean the car because they knew they lost both of them;
They wanted to prevent Casey from being in the general population in prison, but they know she is going away.

I think Lee is the only one who may have been told by Casey about the bordello and he is the one who is trying to find out more information.
I also think that is whom he was directing his eulogy to when asking for someone to please come forward.

I understand that the Anthony's are dysfunctional, and that they lie,
I understand that they are all freaked out, but I do not think they deserve this much venom.

I believe Casey killed Caylee. I'm not sure whether it was intentional or accidental. All the evidence I have seen so far has pointed to her. I believe George knows that Casey is guilty. I think he is having a hard time living with that knowledge. I understand Cindy living in denial. I think it would be very hard to acknowledge that you had raised a killer. A killer with no remorse. One that threw her child away like a bag of garbage. I know Casey was wild, she was rebellious, and a habitual liar. Those traits don't always make a killer. Denial can be a defense mechanism. I believe when and if her mind is ever able to accept the truth, she will. I feel for both George and Cindy. They not only have to live with the death of Caylee and the way she died. They also have to live with the death of Casey. They have always looked at Casey one way, now they will have to face the fact that they never really knew who she was. Regardless of how dysfunctual this family is, I'm sure they never once considered Casey capable of killing Caylee.

Hi Marc,love to see ya and all my respects,you're a wonderful man :blowkiss:

The saddest part, to me at least, is:
-Caylee went missing and she was top story till they found the body,now the media is waiting for another spectacular case because that's what she meant to them
-Thank God the prime suspect was arrested and LE did a great job in this case,too bad we don't see that happening every day
-BUT what next?Everything lies in the hands of 12 people,experts and lawyers.Even if Casey will be found guilty we might NEVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH.And that's the saddest part to ME.
-There will be other parents who act like animals,another trials,another Casey's.....:mad:

this is what i think, i will make it plain and simple because i don't know as much as some people on here do! awesome work guys!!!
i want to thank Marc for all he does!!

my thoughts:
KC killed caylee out of jealousy, too much responsibility, i think it was pre-meditated, i didn't think so before, but now i do!

im still not sure about CA and GA, do they REALLY believe KC is innocent and she's being set-up????
i feel sorry for them, esp GA...i know they loved caylee

LA : not sure about him....is he loyal to his sister or caylee??? not sure......

First post, but I have been here since the first week Caylee was reported missing. I found Websleuths searching for more information about this bizarre case when I wasn't getting it locally.

• I think Casey is guilty, but I'm not sure if it is premeditated or not. The computer searches don't convince me of premeditation. I would hate for someone to look at all my recent searches and try to come up with an explanation. ( and I have nothing to hide.)
  • The main reasons I think she is guilty is because of the smell in the car, not reporting her missing for 31 days, and her demeanor in all interviews, videos etc. since her daughter has been missing. I know everyone reacts differently to grief but she is off the charts of anything resembling "normal".
  • I go back and forth on Lee. I thought he was one of the good guys looking for truth, but the "high five" and the "CMA" have got me doubting.
  • I am continually frustrated by Cindy and I remember the first interview I saw of her when the case first broke, my "hinky meter" went off immediately. I would love to go back and watch that first interview and see what it was that bothered me, but she seemed evasive right from the beginning. That is one of the things that got me hooked looking for more information.
  • I give Cindy a pass on all the parenting issues people are blaming her for up to the disappearance of Caylee. I believe children are born with personality disorders and Casey very possibly has one. As a parent (of seemingly normal children) I know how very difficult it is, and an instruction booklet was NOT included with every birth. As an outsider looking in, it is so much easier to see what a person should do or how you should parent, than it is when it is your own.
  • However, I can not fathom Cindy's behavior AFTER Caylee went missing.
  • I am confused by George as well. How someone from law enforcement could have driven home that car without calling 911 is something I may never understand.
  • I am anxiously waiting for trial, because I feel like I MUST have answers to all my questions on how this really happened. I feel like LE must have a lot more evidence than we have heard or seen for them to have brought charges before the body was even discovered.

- Casey is 100% responsible for the murder of Caylee Marie... At first, I wanted to believe that it was an accident but everything points to Casey maliciously murdering this innocent baby.

- The only honest reaction to Caylee being missing was Cindy's 911 calls the day she (Cindy... not Casey... remember Casey wanted to wait ONE MORE DAY!!) reported Caylee missing. Immediately after that they went into protect Casey at all costs mode. Which I find extremely sad. I was 100% behind George and Cindy until this started happening.

- One of the many things that have bothered me about George and Cindy Anthony through all of their talk show appearances (and there were MANY) where they continued to try and sway the public to believe their twisted version of events was when they said that they KNEW who had Caylee and not only did they know who had Caylee... they KNEW where she was and had their own Private Detectives watching??

- Cindy and George's constant bashing of Law Enforcement and the FBI was disgusting. These are men and women who are doing everything to find Caylee... and for her to even think for ONE MOMENT that they would rather find Caylee dead than alive just boggles my mind? Cindy asks detectives "but, are you looking for an alive Caylee or a dead Caylee?" Well Cindy, they have to do both because your daughter Casey leaves them NO CHOICE and the evidence pointed to Caylee being a victim of a homicide but they still followed up on all of your bogus sightings. They wanted help from everyone and anyone and when people didn't do it or see it their way... they lashed out.

- Cindy telling everyone else to get off their "butt's" (it was a different word) and look for her granddaughter when thousands of people did show up to do more than she ever did to find that baby... but, because they were not looking for an alive Caylee they were slammed in the media. She really should have issued a public thank-you to all the people from all over the country who came out to help her family in the search of Caylee after her remains were found... I won't hold my breath.

- Lee Anthony... I really don't know what to think about him. I don't know why he refused to give DNA and fingerprints and I do not know why his lawyer believes that future charges may come against him. That is just something I will have to wait to see because I really have no idea. I would hope that he didn't tamper with evidence but who knows with this "UNITED" family.

- I did like George's speech at the memorial (most of it) and loved hearing about all of the things Caylee liked. I loved hearing about all the fond memories he has of her while she was here. I have no doubt that George and Cindy loved Caylee and Caylee loved them. That is why I can't really hate them. I try and understand that they are going through something no family should have to go through but... I will NOT write to Casey at all. I would not waste the paper, ink or stamp even if I just wanted to cuss her out. She isn't worth it to me. And no, I will not be donating to Kid Finders EVER... I will be making my donations to other reliable organizations in memory of Caylee.

- Cindy's memorial speech... I turned it off as soon as she said that Caylee was so much like Casey... "her beauty and compassion." :bang:

- As for them wanting this "private visitation" I say NO! NO! NO! They know that all visitations of all inmated are recorded. All phoned calls are recorded. Just because other inmates tapes are not released doesn't mean they can not be requested through the Sunshine Laws. It's public record.

They had all that time to talk to Casey while she was out on bond. If they could not get her to talk (maybe she did?) then that's too bad. They have no one to blame but CASEY for them not being able to see or talk to her privately.

Like I said before, had Cindy not fought so hard against the Gag Order the State wanted when this case first began I could maybe give her a pass on this request but no, she had to cry and stomp her feet all in the name of her Civil Rights so she could go on any talk show she could find to continue her "Casey is innocent... LE had their minds made up" crap. Now she wants to stomp on the rights of millions of people in Florida just so she can have some privacy with her murdering daughter? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Casey knows her rights to privacy while she is an inmate are limited (lawyers and pastor) and that anything else she says can and will be used against her. George and Cindy do deserve their rights to privacy IN THEIR HOME but while their daughter is a member of the Orange County Jail's family they have abide by the same rules as every other family who has a child in jail.

Maybe the Sunshine Laws do need to be changed but as of right now... they are the Laws. Cindy and George need to remember that the Law also applies to them.

- Look, I do have sympathy for Cindy, George and Lee Anthony. I just do not agree with the way they have went about a lot of things. Their #1 focus should have been on Caylee and Caylee only. I don't understand how every interview they did leading up to Caylee's remains being found the first thing they would say is "Our main focus is to bring our granddaughter home" then immediately go into talking about Casey... Casey... Casey. Casey's innocent. Casey's was a wonderful mother. Casey would not harm her daughter. Blah. Blah Blah. Never ONCE had Cindy or George pleaded with "Zanny" for the safe return of Caylee. Even if they didn't believe the "Zanny the Nanny" story, they never pleaded with ANYONE who had Caylee to return her. Oh, I forgot... they knew who had Caylee and where Caylee was and were watching them.

- However, I do think that Jose is keeping the Anthony's from seeing Casey more than anything. I can not believe that he would release Casey's statement before the memorial. What makes him think that Casey has any right to say what they do with Caylee's remains or memorial? She had her memorial when she dumped that baby in those woods. That's what she needs to remember for the rest of her life.

- Also, I hear a lot of people who say "all Casey's family and friends said Casey was a wonderful mother." Do we all forget that Casey was pretending to work and leaving Caylee with anyone who would watch her for two years? It's easy to appear to be a good mother when you don't have to be a mother. She didn't have to raise Caylee... Cindy and George did. Cindy supported Caylee finacially from medical costs, to food, clothing and a bed to sleep in at night.

- Do I think that Cindy was a victim of Casey? I think they had a vicious competitive cycle that was detrimental... and the only victim in all of this is Caylee Marie.

Thanks, LolaMoon--you pretty much summed it up for me!

I'd also like to add that I feel for GA, but *in my opinion*: he lied about the gas cans and seeing KC and Caylee on the 16th; he took the car home from the tow yard and cleaned it, knowing it smelled like death; he knew a body had been in the backyard; he let KC and CA say things he knew weren't true; and I cannot forget the hammers! There are, after all, sins of comission AND omission.

What I'd like to know is--what caused all this-the narcisism, the sociopathy, the sense of entitlement????? Nature, nurture, and what else? What can we do to prevent another murder like Caylee's? I know there's no easy answer, and not enough research being done. I'm seriously worried about the children to come.

Thanks, Mr. Klaas, for caring about all of this, and I'm very sorry you lost your lovely daughter, Polly.

These are mere suspicions, subject to change with the introduction of new evidence. I suspect that:

1. Caylee's death began at the hands of her mother who, in a fit of narcissistic rage, reenacted that earlier event of her own mother grabbing her by the neck. I suspect the child was rendered
unconscious, but I don't think that death was immediate but occurred later, probably through suffocation and/or aided by chemicals;

2. CA had some fleeting awareness of the likelihood of KC's maltreatment of
Caylee, but her authentic denial together with conscious suppression and/or
misinformation and disinformation strengthened her "confirmation bias,"
i.e. reinterpretation of events & information as though it suggested her
daughter's innoncence. I suspect CA experiences enormous guilt over
contributing to events which may have precipitated Caylee's demise;

3. GA has had reasonable clarity about suspicious findings and events
which suggested his daughter's involvment, though he has been almost torn
in half trying to cooperate with law enforcement, yet feeling the need to
protect his wife and behave lovingly towards his daughter;

4. LA's relationship with his sister became distorted during his late teens
when, according to his mother, he suffered a severe illness and couldn't
participate in sports or other peer-related activities. This would have been
when KC was around age 13, a pivotal age in development, when her
normal narcissism would have been heightened, although intensified by
an overly-close relationship with her brother (who may have depended on
her to fulfill his needs) and an antagonistic relationship with her mother. Her
childhood already may have been conflicted in some way, although she had
become adept at tactics of evasion & deception;

5. The cryptic messages between Anthony siblings is reminiscent of the
middle childhood years (ages 6-11) when kids normally have secret clubs,
codes & languages of their own, although the fact that this continued into
the teens & young adulthood with LA & KC suggests their developmental immaturity.
Despite KC's blatant sexuality & promiscuity, I suspect that she has not
fully consolidated adult female sexual and role identification processes;

6. I believe LA has been extremely misguided & confused in his mission to "keep his promise" to his sister on the one hand, yet give the appearance of cooperation with LE. I suspect that LE already
may have threatened LA with obstruction of justice & eventually may charge him.

casey anthony is as guilty as homemade sin.
she was jealous of caylee, angry w/ cindy b/c of the attention she paid to caylee and possibly afraid that caylee was beginning to speak properly and would tell cindy the truth about how casey really lived her life. i believe she killed caylee w/ premeditation.
casey anthony is a common, little sociopath. she can't feel love or guilt or remorse and frankly, she isn't very bright either :waitasec:
i've seen creatures lying on their backs at the bottom of ponds displaying more effective intelligence than casey anthony.
i won't elaborate or go into the rest of the family or i'll still be here when the trial starts.

I posted this on another thread, but would like you to know that this is my opinion. Everyone says (myself included) that Cindy is a controlling person, and I have been thinking about this quite a bit, and never really could put it ito words correctly. So here goes ... Cindy has probably always made all the decisions in the family ... including Casey keeping Caylee. When children are not allowed to make their own decisions (good or bad), or learn to become independent (taking responsibility for their actions), or when their opinions or decisions don't count, they become very immature, unable to cope with life on life's terms, and when confronted with an actual decision on their own, usually can't make one or make bad ones. Casey IMO was just a very angry girl, feeling controlled by her mom and the fact she had a responsibility (Caylee) that her mother insisted she keep, that she really didn't want. I had a very controlling mother and my life was all about pleasing her. Every decision I made was with her in mind. When I finally got out on my own, I was a lost soul. Don't get me wrong, this is NO excuse for what Casey has done. I was NOT physically abused, I was overprotected and babied and unable to cope with life. Not ever feeling good enough. I however, never committed a crime, and vowed to do differently with my girls, but I sure had a hard time learning those lessons. I was on a constant "mother guilt trip" If something "accidentally" happened to Caylee the thought of having her mother angry at her and knowing that she really was all the things that her mom said she was (unfit mother, etc. etc. etc.) could have been enough to lead to the lies and cover ups after the accident. Or maybe Casey was such an angry person and felt so controlled, she took it out on her daughter. Don't get me wrong, I think that Casey has some type of mental illness that has allowed her to justify in her mind what she has done, and she has already forgiven herself. Mental illness is not always something you are born with. It can come from dysfunction in a family. It's too bad the Anthony's did not recognize this before this tragedy happened, there certainly were signs of her instability, but they live in a constant world where they prefer to see what they want to see, instead of reality. Casey however needs to take responsibility for her actions, whether she gave her child to an unreliable baby-sitter, or hurt her. In my heart I know that everyone eventually pays a price for their misdeeds, and whether this dream team comes up with a great defense and gets her off, she will have to answer to someone greater than herself someday. I'm sure Cindy and my Mother did not do this out of malice, you teach what you learn.

I think this should be used as an example to promote laws that restrict families from profit off murders and/or missing family member. Families not involved in high profil cases, do not have donations come in from all over the world, do not have the chance to sell pictures to news agency (who disguise the payment as liscensing fees) and have no market to sell missing tshirts and trinkets for profit. An accused member of such family can't hire high profile experts either. A family should not be allowed to make a living off a member of their family through a trust fund like the Anthony's are going to do.

IMO, what this family has done and continues to do is not right. The message they present with their actions to me is how to profit from the murder of their grandchild. They along with KidFinders have cast shadows on legit foundations that do great work.

Media networks need to be held accountable for paying out also. If someone wants news reporting on an event, it should be given freely. Why the need to hid the fact that hugh sums of money is being paid? I think this family was rewarded for the murder of a 2 year old and they plan to make a living off it.

In reference to the last two posts (251+252), so true and added to your points, the way the public schools function in the end that experience can be that the system does all the thinking for the individual. They just do what they are told to do. So if every area of living is dumbing down life, one comes out not able to function well with problems of living. The oppression is insidious and active rebellion ensues. I don't believe it is just the family dynamic. It is the culture that breeds immaturity.

I think this should be used as an example to promote laws that restrict families from profit off murders and/or missing family member. Families not involved in high profil cases, do not have donations come in from all over the world, do not have the chance to sell pictures to news agency (who disguise the payment as liscensing fees) and have no market to sell missing tshirts and trinkets for profit. An accused member of such family can't hire high profile experts either. A family should not be allowed to make a living off a member of their family through a trust fund like the Anthony's are going to do.

IMO, what this family has done and continues to do is not right. The message they present with their actions to me is how to profit from the murder of their grandchild. They along with KidFinders have cast shadows on legit foundations that do great work.

Media networks need to be held accountable for paying out also. If someone wants news reporting on an event, it should be given freely. Why the need to hid the fact that hugh sums of money is being paid? I think this family was rewarded for the murder of a 2 year old and they plan to make a living off it.

My thoughts exactly.

Hi Everyone,

Marc Klaas is very interested in your thoughts on Caylee's case. What do you think?

I would appreciate if everyone would participate. Just tell us your opinion of the case. Marc appreciates how much you all know about the case and respects what you have to say.

Does he want our opinion of how the case was handled, how the case should have been handled, or how we feel about the Anthonys and their involvement in general? How does he want to use this information? Is he planning to pass our comments around to other families of missing children so they'll know how NOT to act?

Here are my thoughts:

All of the Anthonys obstructed the investigation. Their extreme lack of cooperation with Law Enforcement was sinful. They lied to everyone, LE, media, anyone who was in their path. This isn't how a family of a missing child, who wants their child found, should behave.

They disregarded all the guidelines, possibly destroyed evidence, gave misleading testimony, blamed everyone else, and covered up for the perp. How many times did they try to distract from the search with false Caylee sightings, even going so far as posting photographs of unknown children who didn't look like Caylee?

Obviously, the As didn't put Caylee's welfare first, they protected Casey. Who does that when a baby is missing? From the moment Casey was arrested, they went into "protect Casey at all cost" mode, completing and deliberately obstructing the search for Caylee who was lying in a trash bag just down the street!

I won't delve into the insanity of waiting one month to report her missing, not knowing the last date she was seen, or the fact the little girl lived in their home yet they weren't panicking when they hadn't seen her for a few days and they believed all Casey's lies about the unseen, unspoken to nanny who landed in a hospital.

I can't go on. It's all so UNBELIEVABLE!

Oh, my gosh, yes. All that, too.

The players in this case: Arrogance personified. All of the A's and from what I've seen, the defense too.

Based on all we've seen so far, I believe there is no question that Casey killed Caylee with premeditation. So many motives; mental instability, Caylee talking, etc. etc. Initially, I assumed it was some sort of tragic accident. I began doubting this primarily due to the behavior of the family and secondarily Casey's own behavior and became convinced it was premeditated by released discovery. As another poster so aptly put it: If it had been an accident, one would expect some sort of surprised reaction from Casey but she didn't miss a beat or movie night. No reasonable juror will be able to get past the 31 days and there can be no reasonable explanation.

Although I defended them to no end at the beginning, now there's no doubt in my mind that GA and CA knew at least from day 31 that Caylee was gone. Deep seated denial was as fictional as the imaginanny, imo and the public statements rarely matched the private with LE. Nor did the alleged denial match their actions, imo. Read again their statements to LE and also read the emails from CA's brother. CA told LE almost immediately that she thought the nanny was fiction and referred to whomever had Caylee at the moment. GA told LE about his silent prayers that it not be Caylee in the trunk as he approached it at the tow yard. CA went back to work where she was encouraged to contact LE. No, she wanted to give Casey a chance to “explain.” Victim families do not refuse polygraphs and do not exhibit the behavior of the A's in general, at least not that I've ever seen. They do not do all in their power to thwart any search efforts, as if they know what will be found and are desperately trying to prevent it. How could they possibly be so sure the imaginanny hadn't harmed Caylee? Because they knew there was no nanny, no kidnapping and that Casey was soley to blame for Caylee's fate. How about lying so much that LE asks her to stop because it's hurting the investigation; and that didn't slow CA down a bit, that I noticed.

I hope LE gets over the A's victim status and charges all with obstruction, perjury, tampering; whatever they can prove. I hope there is a successful conviction, even if it results in a fine or probation but that it prevents them from further profiting off of Caylee's murder. I also hope that LE is able to intercept any funds from “licensing” or whatever to recoup some of the costs to the taxpayers. Furthermore, I certainly hope the respective state legislatures or even the federal legislature takes a look at this case and tightens up the laws regarding perps making money from their crime(s). Yes, including widening the definition. Along with their daughter, CA and GA should not be allowed to make money from this crime, imo. Not with book deals, selling donated t-shirts for a profit or any other way.

I am very hopeful that Caylee's “foundation” will not get off the ground because most of the general public can see these people for what they are. KFN has already been exposed to some degree and I hope they will be out of business soon for the same reasons. Lack of donations now that folks know what and who they are. I think CA has felt cheated and deprived her entire life and latched onto the idea of making money off this case. I don't think she ultimately will, or that it will do her any good. She is not the first grandmother to lose a grandchild at the hands of her own child. Unfortunately, she won't be the last. She may, however, go down in history as the most false. I do not think it will benefit any child to have the A's latching on to their case. They will continue to hurt the credibility of anyone within their sphere of influence. I believe they have already hurt the causes of other missing children and legitimate charities related to missing children.

IMO, whomever coined the phrase 'martyrmom' totally nailed CA. It describes her to a 't' and I think she didn't let anyone forget it for a moment. She would have been quite content to be the martyr- grandmother-victim, had she been successful in pinning the crime on anyone other than Casey. Recall the anger displayed when anyone didn't go along with the fiction she was trying to sell. Is that denial? I think it's bpd. Wouldn't surprise me at all to find the martyrmom is borderline personality disorder. It's also possible that CA's personality is a result of dealing with Casey. It's common with bpd to divide and conquer. BPD's can look one in the face and proclaim one did not just see what one saw with their own eyes. And be quite convincing about it, too. Living with a borderline can make anyone crazy. Living with two could easily result in GA. And it does tend to run in families. Remember the emails from CA's brother and how CA's mother was afraid to speak with her? Sound familiar? How about those jail chats such as with the picture. Is that ZG's apt.? Wait, don't answer that, I know whose apt. it is, so tell me “the truth.” Remember too, how conscious they all were of being recorded during these visits and how Casey would say things to prevent release. BPD overview: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml

IMO, any self-esteem George ever had was beaten out of him on a daily basis. His existence seems to be desperately attempting to curry favor with his family or anyone else and rarely, if ever, receiving it. Instead, it appears to me, that George was constantly falling short in the eyes of his family, reminded daily of his many failures and shortcomings. From my viewing, he would benefit from counseling offered to domestic violence victims. I think GA was 'living a lie' long before Caylee's demise.

IMO, Casey spends an extreme amount of time in fantasy. I think she fantasized being the mother of a victim child; the sympathy, etc. she would receive and had been considering how to murder Caylee for some time. She either hadn't gotten around to it or hadn't figured out a 'foolproof' way yet, on June 15th when she felt pushed. 'One more day' may have seen her take flight but it may also have just seen her take more time on her story. I am consistently surprised at Casey's lack of intelligence but believe she, along with her mother and brother, wrongly feel they are very much smarter than the rest of us. Casey doesn't have enough imagination to concoct a story out of whole cloth, due primarily to her lack of intelligence, and that's why it appears there is truth woven into her lies. That's not her intent. Her intent is to lie she's just not smart enough to make it up. Therefore, she claims she is in Jacksonville with someone she barely knew from school, rather than someone imaginary. She claims she has a nanny and based that character on a real Zanny that she found either through Sawgrass records or myspace or both. “Zanny the Nanny” may have originally been Xanax but was fleshed out with real details from a real person's real life. She claims a coworker with the same name of an actress in a movie she recently viewed, etc. etc.

IMO, LA is very odd and creepy. Sure, lots of well adjusted adults collect action figures, etc. but the entire package there is just not something with which I'm familiar. He may also spend a lot of time in fantasy. Could be a coping mechanism he and Casey developed from a young age to get away from martyrmom and dad's passive-aggressiveness.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find the imaginanny perp was a story concocted by LA and Casey; also wouldn't surprise me if CA helped with it. Also want to note that abortion isn't a real option when one is past seven months pregnant. I don't believe CA forced Casey to have Caylee or to keep her. I think Casey relished the attention, for a while.

Finally, poor little Caylee, the only true victim, imo, was such a pawn in this that even at her memorial, it wasn't about her. The teddy bear wasn't wearing lavender, her favorite color according to GA but instead, green with a shamrock for Casey. It was always about the adults, imo. Not about poor Caylee. Poor thing had to take a backseat to her mother and grandmother even at her memorial.

PS: About the protesters, I am glad the protests started and wish they'd happen more often. I think it was a good thing to try to show this family that no one was buying into their delusional stories. I was not thrilled with those that went to cause trouble but I am thrilled with those that went to exercise their rights to free speech to make it clear what they thought about harboring a child murderer in their neighborhood/hometown. I considered joining them myself, until the violence started. We as a society should stand up more often to decry criminal behavior and those that enable it.

The good people and orgaizations that truely do try to find the kidnapped or abducted are only being harmed and disheartened by the term 'missing'. As soon as it is established lies are being told by those close to the victim the media needs to fold up camp and let the law start investigating foul play.

I would hate to see people withdraw their financial and emotional support to organizations that are actually trying to save a child, or an adult for that matter, and I fear that is exactly what is going to happen.

Missing has become just another term-lite for murder cover-up in the same way the term 'person of interst' is term-lite for suspect. We need to call things as they are and get down to the business of saving the still living. Stop giving fame and attention to killers and beating the public into numbness and apathy.

There are still real kidnappings and abductions happening.

Clear the family and friends, track down the preditors and trafficers and continue in rescue mode. All the other sensationalism is only leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of people that could actually help by giving money or time to the cause of saving a life.

I think Marc Klass put his foot down early in this case, along with other good people and organizations, I commend him and them for doing so. The Anthony case is only one more drop of ink in the already murky waters of a diminishing truth.

I believe KC killed Caylee because she is a spiteful b----. I believe CA has such guilt feelings about how she handled the whole situation,that she "cannot allow her conscience to speak for her when her mind cannot comprehend the right words to say." I believe that she at first felt that KC was keeping Caylee from her,for spite ,and passed the point of no return when she called 911. I do not believe that this is the first reportable,but not reported,event that has happened in this family,there is a deep secret here somewhere. I believe that LA was speaking to each of the CMA's at the memorial.I believe that the root cause of all of this is VERY SINISTER,and that we will all be sickened by it.I also firmly believe that if there was info out there to prove that KC was innocent that JB would have,and should be compelled to bring this "evidence",forward now,otherwise isn't this a form of OJ? All of this is just my beliefs,based on the info before me.

PPS:

May God please truly bless those with the heart and strength of character, such as Mr. Klaas, to face the most heart-wrenching evil this world has to offer on such a regular basis and to be able to bring help and hope to those affected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back