Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for all the information FMW. It's been such a long time since she passed and it's good to see the original information now. Still there seem to be conflicting reports. Some say she accidentally fell out of the car, some say she jumped out of the car and there is still the possibility she was pushed out of the car. I've searched every state on the Doe Network going back as far as 4 years to find MJD and found nothing. It's so frustrating to think no one is looking for this little girl.

I just noticed something in one of the articles. The other girl in the car was from Canada. Could the unknown girl also have been from Canada?

Tania Petersen
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2360dfbc.html

Brianne Ruth Wolgram
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1142dfbc.html

Some other ideas:

Sheila Catherine Egan
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2219dfbc.html

Coral Pearl Hall
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1868dfmi.html

Kimberly Ann Riley
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2301dfoh.html

Racheal Dawn Hayson
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1921dfmo.html

Kristy Jean Rogers
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1883dffl.html

Jessica Lee Cain
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1832dftx.html

Heather Lindsay Silver
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2025dfaz.html

Amanda Gallion
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1625dfwy.html

Yvette Sophia Mueller
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2052dfnv.html

I just noticed something in one of the articles. The other girl in the car was from Canada. Could the unknown girl also have been from Canada?

snipped for space....

I thought Lindsay Dejong was from Washington state???

According to the Maricopa Coroners office they do not know if she jumped or was pushed out of the car. I e-mailed them awhile back and asked them and they told me they didn't know.

In the article, Alonzo claims that after they smoked pot, she started to "babble". I would be curious about what she was saying. What may not make sense to him, could make sense to someone else. I doubt he would be able to give a very good account of what she said, since it happened so long ago, and he was high, but I would like to know if the police who interviewed him have notes on it.

Great to see so much continued discussion on this case-I think the case is maddening because the police have stated, IIRC, that the other folks in the car did not give them satisfactory information regarding what had happened, but they had no reason to hold or charge them. My brain is fried-did we ever find a COD?? I recall that she had a whole lot of road rash which would have obliterated other tattoos and scars, but did she have any broken bones, or seat belt marks or fractured skull?

The COD listed by the news articles is massive head trauma, so I vote for pushed because if she had jumped her feet would have been first, right, or her arms/wrists would have been broken from trying to save her head....help me out with this?

snip
But maybe not, says David Leibowitz, a former Republic columnist and current vice president of Moses Anshell advertising agency.
snip

Let me know if you would like me to try and contact Mr. Leibowitz-I am sure he has copies of his files....

hi, All-

This is what I have learned courtesy of Google Map:

There is no "23rd and Van Buren" as far as I can see. I have found that W Van Buren feeds onto south bound N Black Canyon HWY, which turns into S Black Canyon Hwy which then becomes 23rd Ave. I hope and pray some of you are locals, and can help me figure this out, lol. I was, of course, looking for Ajax Mini Mart, and barring finding the mini mart itself, I have been using the street view to locate pink stucco buildings that might have been the liquor store. i have found a few possibilities in the Pete's Fish and Chips on W Van Buren, the Circle K on W Van Buren-both of them are on the corner of 26th st and W Van Buren and both are across the street from a trailer park that looks as if it has been there for a while.

I am going to post on the City Data forum for any locals who might have gone to the mini mart when it was in existence and see if they can give me an idea of where it was and what it was like.

It's 23rd Street and Van Buren. 23rd is a short block at Van Buren.

FWIW, I asked a friend of mine who now lives in the area and was a door man at some night clubs about that time to look at her pic and see if he or anyone he knows from that time might recognize her. If he gets back to me I'll post.

It's 23rd Street and Van Buren. 23rd is a short block at Van Buren.

FWIW, I asked a friend of mine who now lives in the area and was a door man at some night clubs about that time to look at her pic and see if he or anyone he knows from that time might recognize her. If he gets back to me I'll post.

Thanks Cubby-you should see me with a paper map, lol!!
:blowkiss:

Thanks Cubby-you should see me with a paper map, lol!!
:blowkiss:
YW, He said he might recognize her if she was in the area and trying to get into places underage.

Oddly, another friend of ours fell off the wagon, and was found dead of alcohol poisoning at 24th and Van Buren. I didn't know where he was found until I mentioned the location this gal was found.

I'm really hoping this friend will ask around. Long shot but who knows.

You guys are awesome!!! According to the newspaper reports, the Ajax Mini Mart was frequented by prostitutes and druggies. Of course, the only people who claim that's where she was picked up are the people who were in that car with her. For all we know, that may not even be true. In any case, I wonder if any of the folks who hung out in that area were ever questioned. It's going on 10 years now so seems unlikely anyone who might have known her would still be around. Dang it! Does anyone know if we can get a look at the police report or the ME's report? I don't know if this would still be considered an active investigation. :waitasec:

You guys are awesome!!! According to the newspaper reports, the Ajax Mini Mart was frequented by prostitutes and druggies. Of course, the only people who claim that's where she was picked up are the people who were in that car with her. For all we know, that may not even be true. In any case, I wonder if any of the folks who hung out in that area were ever questioned. It's going on 10 years now so seems unlikely anyone who might have known her would still be around. Dang it! Does anyone know if we can get a look at the police report or the ME's report? I don't know if this would still be considered an active investigation. :waitasec:

That crossed my mind as well. They may have been trying to paint her as a prostitute.

YW, He said he might recognize her if she was in the area and trying to get into places underage.

Oddly, another friend of ours fell off the wagon, and was found dead of alcohol poisoning at 24th and Van Buren. I didn't know where he was found until I mentioned the location this gal was found.

I'm really hoping this friend will ask around. Long shot but who knows.

That sounds very worthwhile to me, Cubby.

This is forbidden by the TOS of the site the article was on. Anyway the info was provided, and that they get the full article or not changes nothing you'll always find people who'd think FTW and I wrote it together as a plot against Websleuths.

I don't know about the TOS at the other site, I apologize if it's forbidden to share, we usually post 10% and then link, IIRC...I guess everyone should just go buy it on their own again. TY..maybe link and info to where you purchased it if needed.

As far as thinking you are plotting against WS, I wouldn't think that, and I don't know many posting here that would think so....the info you have stumbled on is AWSOME, it is an incredible clue :blowkiss: Who is FTW?

This is my first post! Hello, I just joined Websleuths because this case has been haunting me for the passed couple of months, and I just moved out of Phoenix, AZ. I was a resident there for about 7 years (unfortunately, after Doe passed). First, I just want to say that I think you are all doing an EXCELLENT job on coming up with ideas and getting new details on the case! :woohoo: I check everyday. But, I just wanted to share my input on a few things, from what I have gathered about this case so far..

If it is true, that they picked her up on Van Buren, I know from living in Phx that you don't have much business in that area unless you're a prostitute or a drug dealer, are picking up a prostitute, or buying drugs. So, it is a possibility that she was a prostitute, and even greater possibility that she was an underage prostitute (she looks so young!).. and I know a lot of times the young girls work in "rings" there. So, that leads me to believe that perhaps someone in that area could recognize her as a prostitute they may have worked with. However, I know it was only merely suggested that she MAY have been a prostitute..

And if she was a prostitute, is it possible that she got into the car with that man, and he really was going to take her to Miami, FL.. as he said, and she got frightened that her pimp was going to come after her so she jumped out? Isn't it common for prostitutes to be abused and brainwashed?

I just don't see how someone could push someone out of a moving vehicle if they were going 75mph, and driving. But.. I mean, I guess everything is possible when you know nothing.

So that leads me to the girl in the car.. why hasn't she been questioned? Maybe she got mad that her boyfriend had picked another girl up, and they fought, resulting in "the girlfriend" pushing Doe out of the vehicle? Because she was allegedly the drivers girlfriend, right? And she wasn't driving.. so she would have more control.

Gosh.. I really hope something new comes up soon. This poor little girl really deserves a name..

I really wish they knew what clothes she had on, that can say soo much about a person. Surely, she didn't jump out of the car naked.. ?

This is my first post! Hello, I just joined Websleuths because this case has been haunting me for the passed couple of months, and I just moved out of Phoenix, AZ. I was a resident there for about 7 years (unfortunately, after Doe passed). First, I just want to say that I think you are all doing an EXCELLENT job on coming up with ideas and getting new details on the case! :woohoo: I check everyday. But, I just wanted to share my input on a few things, from what I have gathered about this case so far..

If it is true, that they picked her up on Van Buren, I know from living in Phx that you don't have much business in that area unless you're a prostitute or a drug dealer, are picking up a prostitute, or buying drugs. So, it is a possibility that she was a prostitute, and even greater possibility that she was an underage prostitute (she looks so young!).. and I know a lot of times the young girls work in "rings" there. So, that leads me to believe that perhaps someone in that area could recognize her as a prostitute they may have worked with. However, I know it was only merely suggested that she MAY have been a prostitute..

And if she was a prostitute, is it possible that she got into the car with that man, and he really was going to take her to Miami, FL.. as he said, and she got frightened that her pimp was going to come after her so she jumped out? Isn't it common for prostitutes to be abused and brainwashed?

I just don't see how someone could push someone out of a moving vehicle if they were going 75mph, and driving. But.. I mean, I guess everything is possible when you know nothing.

So that leads me to the girl in the car.. why hasn't she been questioned? Maybe she got mad that her boyfriend had picked another girl up, and they fought, resulting in "the girlfriend" pushing Doe out of the vehicle? Because she was allegedly the drivers girlfriend, right? And she wasn't driving.. so she would have more control.

Gosh.. I really hope something new comes up soon. This poor little girl really deserves a name..

I really wish they knew what clothes she had on, that can say soo much about a person. Surely, she didn't jump out of the car naked.. ?

Welcome!!!! Thank you for your input-I for one am starting to feel some energy building on this case, and I think the possibility that she was an underaged prostitute is a good one...way back when we had a possible match for her with a missing Russian girl and we were speculating that the girl might have been snatched originally for the sex/slave trade.

I remember reading in the original interviews with the driver and passenger that they claimed they didn't notice whether or not she had an accent-the detectives were very dissatisfied with this answer.

One of the other pieces of information I gleaned from the articles referenced recently (other than the jewelry-great clue!) was that the male driver picked her up first and then they picked up the other passenger. They all squeezed into the front seat, the article said-my assumption is that Jane Doe was closest to the passenger door.

The way I envision the event is that they took off onto the highway rather than what Jane Doe expected-I have a harder time believing that she took a dive out of the vehicle rather than waiting until they got to their destination...maybe they told her they would be taking her back to the mini-mart and hit the highway instead....I suppose she could have panicked and jumped....but I am more curious as to if she was conscious when she hit the road, only because her face looks pretty good considering the event with the exception of that swollen lip-I wonder if she was hit before she flew out of the car? I would love to know if there was any indication that her hands or feet hit first, which I would expect if she voluntarily jumped....and then there is that issue about her clothes. The clothes have to be holdback information, since we cannot seem to get anything on them and it is not for lack of trying.....

Yes, I read that he picked Doe up, and then the other girl too.

I just don't understand why someone would just "jump in" to a strangers car. That doesn't happen often unless they are used to it from.. soliciting sex.. or something.

And yes, thank you for bringing up the accent.. if she had one, it is so important that they know, because they need to look elsewhere if she can't be ID'd in the US because she isn't a citizen. Also, when they say "babbling".. I wonder if the driver used that context because it was a foreign language?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13