Marie G.: Mother of Crystal S.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever else they may be in your opinion, I find it highly offensive that you would refer to Amber and Nay Nay in those terms. Their life is not a glorious one and their choices are being limited more and more by their increased drug use and circumstance. They may be making their choices, but rest assured it is not the life they imagined for themselves as little girls.
I am sure they didn't debs ,but, if it still is their choice it is a shame because the whole world is looking now and that seems to go hand in hand with opinions weather they are educated to the real circumstances and causes. Its a shame that Misty doesn't get the same sympathy and she has yet to be proved a drug abuser.

I am sure they didn't debs ,but, if it still is their choice it is a shame because the whole world is look now and that seems to go hand in hand with opinions weather they are educated to the real circumstances and causes. Its a shame that Misty doesn't get the same sympathy and she has yet to be proved a drug abuser.

There is no allowable "but" when calling someone by an offensive name. There is no justification at all. Animal fixed it and I appreciate that. Misty was not the issue at all. Thanks.

There is no allowable "but" when calling someone by an offensive name. There is no justification at all. Animal fixed it and I appreciate that. Misty was not the issue at all. Thanks.
Sorry I must of missed something. Going to go back and read.:blowkiss:
ETA I see what you are refering to. Cool we can call foul now on inapropriate refrences to these individuals. I need to reread my post to make sure I have not been guilty of this. I try not to be so ugly when posting and if I have (sorry) I am sure my post was deleted(thinking about a certain word I used in refrence to LE and funny thing is I was married to a PO and my sister is a Sargent with my local SO).

From the Misty topic:

Originally Posted by starry eyes
I'm a lurker, but I just happened to run into this article when I was searching for new news on HaLeigh this morning. Hope this helps. It says that Marie and Crystal were there.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/09/lo...awareness.html

back to lurkdom now

:waitasec: wonder what this means? bbm ....Griffis says the search for Haleigh has almost become a full-time job for her family .....

From the Misty topic:

:waitasec: wonder what this means? bbm ....Griffis says the search for Haleigh has almost become a full-time job for her family .....

She explains it:

Griffis says the experience has made her a more angry and worried person. "And I wasn't that person before," she said as tears streamed down her face. "It takes your life and totally flips it upside-down. And you don't know what to do with it. Because she's out there and a big part of your heart has been taken away, and you don't know what to do with it. It's just empty."

Misty is the key because she has some psychogical knowledge as to what happened

I'm sorry, Player, but you will never convince me that Misty has psychological insight into anything. Any knowledge she has is the result of direct observation, IMO. (And really, opinion is all either of us has to offer.)

While you do have proximity to the principals, I think you're off-base. I have a long history both living and working with addicts, too, and can still be fooled. None of us knows what our neighbors do when their front doors close.

I will agree, however, that it appears that "chemical" (let's just say drug) testing for all is in order.

From the Misty topic:

My response copied from Misty topic that you asked the same question on Flossie

I would say that means Marie and her family spend their waking hours wondering and trying to find out where Haleigh is and what happened to her..They are not capable of focusing on much of anything else.. Finding Haleigh has consumed their thoughts, their lives...their existence...
They live and breathe wondering where she is....if she is alive and well, and hoping and praying she will come home...
She is the first thing they think about when they wake up and the last thing they think about IF and when they are finally able to drift off to sleep..Thats what she means...JMO

I'm sorry, Player, but you will never convince me that Misty has psychological insight into anything. Any knowledge she has is the result of direct observation, IMO. (And really, opinion is all either of us has to offer.)

While you do have proximity to the principals, I think you're off-base. I have a long history both living and working with addicts, too, and can still be fooled. None of us knows what our neighbors do when their front doors close.

I will agree, however, that it appears that "chemical" (let's just say drug) testing for all is in order.

Wasn't there something said about testing all the neighbors????? :confused:

Anyone who is close to the truth gets bashed; believe me , I know

Re: this "truth" you and Player have such proximity to: what confirmation have you received that you're on the right track. Is it your assertion that LE is either completely off-base, or deliberately misleading the public for some as yet undisclosed reason?

No one is bashing you; no one bashed Player (and no one "ran him off"). Questions, even skepticism, are not bashing. I haven't even seen bona fide argument--just requests for information.

Chemical test is NOT a drug yest as far as I know. A chemical test simply checks a person for a chemical imbalance. Not related to drug use. JMHO

Hm. Tests for "chemical imbalance." Like, a blood glucose test for, say, diabetes? A testosterone level? Maybe Ron's thyroid is out of whack. Or his hematocrit?

The chemical imbalances that are theorized to result in psychiatric illnesses are not testable at this time. While it's commonly accepted that skewed neurotransmitter levels cause illnesses such as depression, they can't be measured in something simple like a blood test--and if they were, there really is no way LE could compel everyone in a region to undergo such testing. The principals might be asked to volunteer blood/hair/urine samples; I would be willing to wager that Miss Misty and Ronald would refuse. (Of course, this is MOO, and cannot be confirmed.)

If not referring to drugs, "chemical testing" might refer to things such as heavy metals (mercury from fish, lead from soil, arsenic), or other environmental contaminants (Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam vets, chemical or biological agents used in the Gulf, defoliants, etc.)

Hm. Tests for "chemical imbalance." Like, a blood glucose test for, say, diabetes? A testosterone level? Maybe Ron's thyroid is out of whack. Or his hematocrit?

The chemical imbalances that are theorized to result in psychiatric illnesses are not testable at this time. While it's commonly accepted that skewed neurotransmitter levels cause illnesses such as depression, they can't be measured in something simple like a blood test--and if they were, there really is no way LE could compel everyone in a region to undergo such testing. The principals might be asked to volunteer blood/hair/urine samples; I would be willing to wager that Miss Misty and Ronald would refuse. (Of course, this is MOO, and cannot be confirmed.)

If not referring to drugs, "chemical testing" might refer to things such as heavy metals (mercury from fish, lead from soil, arsenic), or other environmental contaminants (Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam vets, chemical or biological agents used in the Gulf, defoliants, etc.)

He answered the "chemical test" question his response was erased but IIRC what he meant by "chemical tests" was Sodium Pentanol, he suggested that maybe someone saw/heard something and can't fully remember what it was.

Originally Posted by starry eyes
I'm a lurker, but I just happened to run into this article when I was searching for new news on HaLeigh this morning. Hope this helps. It says that Marie and Crystal were there.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/09/lo...awareness.html

debs She explains it:

Griffis says the experience has made her a more angry and worried person. "And I wasn't that person before," she said as tears streamed down her face. "It takes your life and totally flips it upside-down. And you don't know what to do with it. Because she's out there and a big part of your heart has been taken away, and you don't know what to do with it. It's just empty."

I think it is wonderful that Marie and Crystal took the time to show up for this event. Do we know if the Cummings or Croslin's showed up?

It is truly heart breaking and I think Marie truly is devastated. My prayers go out to everyone that has a missing child, I don't know what I would do. I do know I would not lie to LE.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/09/local-families-renew-awareness.html

I think it is wonderful that Marie and Crystal took the time to show up for this event. Do we know if the Cummings or Croslin's showed up?

It is truly heart breaking and I think Marie truly is devastated. My prayers go out to everyone that has a missing child, I don't know what I would do. I do know I would not lie to LE.

bbm, jmo, I don't

Her comment was bizarre at best given what we now know :(

Yes, they did show up.

bbm, jmo, I don't

Her comment was bizarre at best given what we now know :(

I don't understand what part of her comments sound so bizarre, and I have no idea what we "know" that would make anything quoted below sound bizarre. :confused:

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, drove from Baker County to attend today's awareness campaign. Griffis says the search for Haleigh has almost become a full-time job for her family and that Crystal has barely cracked a smile since Haleigh disappeared nearly eight months ago.

I don't understand what part of her comments sound so bizarre, and I have no idea what we "know" that would make anything quoted below sound bizarre. :confused:

Maven, in my very humble opinion, I really don't think it's anything "we" know, or in fact, anything that anybody KNOWS, it's what a very small minority of people think. Far be it for me to begrudge someone their theories even though LE is looking at Misty and Ron.
*shrug*

I believe Flossy was talking about Marie saying something along of lines of "looking for Haleigh is a full time job"...
It's kind of hard to "look" for someone, if you already have them stashed somewhere, isn't it? :rolleyes:

*shrug again*

Let me clarify. Not sure if we are allowed to link to the interview to Crystal's father's mother in law that said they did not do any searches in spite of the mission and goods sold at jacked up prices.

Also, my understanding is the HaLeighbug centre closed many months ago, in spite of it being said it would be open 24/7 until HaLeigh was found iirc, which I don't think was ever the case, jmo. Never believed it would be open for long, or that they would stay fairly close by. No way imo

Her statement makes no sense imo. How is the search for HaLeigh almost a full time job for her family? Is she now drawing a salary?

Let me clarify. Not sure if we are allowed to link to the interview to Crystal's father's mother in law that said they did not do any searches in spite of the mission and goods sold at jacked up prices.

Also, my understanding is the HaLeighbug centre closed many months ago, in spite of it being said it would be open 24/7 until HaLeigh was found iirc, which I don't think was ever the case, jmo. Never believed it would be open for long, or that they would stay fairly close by. No way imo

Her statement makes no sense imo. How is the search for HaLeigh almost a full time job for her family? Is she now drawing a salary?

How does what Connie S's mother thinks bear into anything? She is related so tangentially to Haleigh as to be a virtual stranger. Where has she been if what she has to say is so all fired important? Right. Especially interesting is how it is presented that there were no searches done on the Griffis place. There was a well publicized search which turned up nothing.

The HBC closing is no one's affair except of those who chose to open it in the first place. If Ronald can be afforded sympathy enough in his incapability to work, then it should be afforded to Crystal, whose health problems with seizures is often fodder for gossip. Perhaps it is just that reality weighs heavy and having the HBC going is just a daily reminder that the ONLY PERSON RIGHT NOW THAT LE HAS IDENTIFIED AS HAVING ANY INFORMATION IS MISTY. That fact has been unwavering. MISTY IS THE KEY.

Pretty much would seem like a moot point to keep a center open when even LE is pointing a finger at the last person she was known to be with.

As for the last comment, it seems an all day, every day thing for plenty of us, and we're not even related. I'm guessing those that have to walk in it, breathe it in, attempt to sleep in the moments while the thoughts aren't pounding away have a lot more on their plates.

I can always turn off the computer. I can't see how anyone would dare question a grandmother or mother's inability to look at much else than the fact that a child they love is missing. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper