Marilyn Manson Accused of Buying Child's Skeleton, Human Skin Masks

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The NIN video is for Happiness in Slavery. The man was an actor. The blood wasn't real.

Bob Flanagan was born with cystic fibrosis and used BDSM to control his pain. He died a while back. I do remember watching a show about him and him telling why the pain helped him but I don't remember exactly why he said it helped.

..... It's just an act folks. ....

I agree with this 100%. MM's music is not my cup of tea, but he is someone who puts on a show and being shocking is a big part of that. I don't begrudge him his desire to freak people out and I don't take it very seriously.

I have to say it does seem like he had a hard time "growing up" and into a marriage per his ex Dita Von Teese. I don't know much about her either, though.

Manson is a freak and imo one to protect young ear's from.

Well, but there are some who would say young ears should be protected from Laibach too. Some that would say that completely miss the point of what they are doing, (They are satirists, taking all the trappings and imagery the Nazis used, and turning it back on the Nazis as a foil to skewer them with.) while others get the point, and feel that it takes an adult mind to process the nuances. These are the people who say Rammstein is for kids, Laibach is for adults.

Wikipedia's article on the band said:
Laibach's method is extremely simple, effective and horribly open to misinterpretation. First of all, they absorb the mannerisms of the enemy, adopting all the seductive trappings and symbols of state power, and then they exaggerate everything to the edge of parody... Next they turn their focus to highly charged issues — the West's fear of immigrants from Eastern Europe, the power games of the EU, the analogies between Western democracy and totalitarianism. [Wolfson, 2003]

Listen to their Opus Dei (Original Live is Life by Opus), their Das Spiel Ist Aus (Racist, the game is over!) or Tanz Mit Laibach. I'll dig up the sites that discuss/translate the songs also.

Das Spiel Ist Aus translation - I cannot find the online discussion explaining about this song. The bare gist of it is that it was taken from the phrase "Auslander Aus" (ETA: It means "Outlander Out". The way it is said the r on the first word runs into the second word.) and what they are saying when they say "Raus, das spiel ist aus" is "Racist, your time has come." They are saying that everyone has some racist tendencies, and that though they will fight to stay with us (Being a type of "inner demon".) we need to end the tendencies in ourselves. (That's my take on it anyway.)

Tanz Mit Laibach translation

I couldn't agree with this more - and not because he's freaky, but because he is so physically unappealing.

And such pretty women! Rose McGown, Dita (I think she is gorgeous) and now Evan Rachel Wood.

I think he's about as physically unappealing as you can get!!!

What a freak! When I was a teengaer and he first gained popularity the rumor about him was that he had some ribs removed so he could perform oral sex on himself on stage. Does anyone know if that is true?

ooooh I heard that one too, I was disgusted by that. He is just gross.

I think it is very freaky that Evan has turned into a clone of Dita.

Clone, no... looking like a broke down Dita, yes. Since Evan was not presenting herself in the vintage fashion look before hooking up with MM, I think it is safe to assume that MM is influencing her look... which is sad, given that she is a very beautiful girl that should embrace her individualism, and not let some creepo like MM try to turn her into a younger version of his ex-wife.

A lot of people feel sorry for Dita because of how bad things went for her in the relationship... but in my opinion: she is better off.

MM is a performance artist. His persona was adopted out of being a geeky kid. I happen to like some of his music but I realize it's not for everyone. He found a niche and stuck with it throughout criticism of who and what he is, and I find that for that, I have to admire him.

The innards of my house have a gothic castle kind of feel to it, gargoyles and candles everywhere. What's interesting to me may not be to other people who prefer to live in a different decorating environment. Yeah, my house is a little "dark", but it doesn't mean small children should run from me. MM is not the boogeyman. . . he's someone who happens to like weird things. LOL---how many moms still have thier kids' teeth stored away somewhere? Others would think that was weird, while some would understand. Weirdness is in the eye of the person outside your world. And face it. . . we're all a little weird in some way or another.

When I saw the "news" article on this, I had to roll my eyes. Robert Ripley did this too, and now we all go to his museums when we go on vacation.

I'm 42 and I like some of Manson's music too. I think it is all a show too I heard he is actually a very intelligent man a lil on the eccentric side but very knowledgedable.<sp. I also like NIN too I am a music fan as a whole I like all types (rock, country some r&b and some rap too) I think music is only what you make of it and what you like to listen too. I don't box myself into one genre because there is too much out there with value to overlook by not liking certain types of music. I hear alot of bad stuff about Insane Clown Posse and I like a few of their songs too and my son who will be 21 in Feb has seen them in concert.

I don't care for his music but I admire his business savvy. He is a very intelligent man. I think it's all an act.

Personally I love Halloween (and Christmas decor). I like weird, strange and unique things. I would buy some of the things listed, if I could afford them. I do have a real human Chinese skull, a real boar skull and a fake but realistic baboon skull and a few life size skeletons from the anatomical chart company. Starting in August, me and my son start making realistic corpses ( good enough for a movie set)

To have the best and scariest Halloween house in town!
Oh...ok..that makes sense.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was reading about decorations, then the skelton..and I got worried about you for a minute~! LOL

I'm 42 and I like some of Manson's music too. I think it is all a show too I heard he is actually a very intelligent man a lil on the eccentric side but very knowledgedable.<sp. I also like NIN too I am a music fan as a whole I like all types (rock, country some r&b and some rap too) I think music is only what you make of it and what you like to listen too. I don't box myself into one genre because there is too much out there with value to overlook by not liking certain types of music. I hear alot of bad stuff about Insane Clown Posse and I like a few of their songs too and my son who will be 21 in Feb has seen them in concert.

It's funny isn't it, pooky - I'm almost 41 and I LOVE Eminem. Think he's genius and listen to his stuff a lot (but not when my 5 and 7 year olds are around ;) ). I always chuckle to myself a bit when I'm driving around in the burbs in my minivan, blaring his music. I like some of Insane Clown Possee's stuff too. I'm also a huge country music fan. The point is - who knows - there's no accounting for tastes.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of Marilyn Manson's music (I think often he makes a point, and valid social commentary) and I like NIN's music too. I was saying that if I were going to fear anyone from that genre of music, it'd be Trent Reznor over Marilyn Manson. I'd probably manage to scare Marilyn Manson, with ease. I already managed to give one of his fanboys quite the pause, and I think I "traumatized" him. He did a double doubletake at this song, (I woke up this morning...with a bad hangover....and my penis was missing again) and hasn't forgotten it yet. Mwa ha haaaa, kid thought he was gonna shock me, guess I showed him, eh?

He does a great cover of "Tainted Love", but thats the only song I like of his.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back