Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let one repeat it because abolitionists are not acutely listening: capital punishment is the most effective detrerrent in the entire universe with respect to the convicted murderer ever repeating his crimes - and THAT'S the most important deterrent of all! NOT what it might mean in Europe or at the Vatican....NOT whether other would-be killers are impressed....NOT whether LWOP will "tend to satisfy" a victim's loved one that "justice has been done".....no, no, a million times NO!.... (A) ONLY WHETHER THE SPECIFIC EXECUTED MURDERER EVER GETS OPPORTUNITY TO REPEAT HIS CRIME (AS A GROWING NUMBER DO!); AND (B) WHETHER THE ESSENTIAL WORTH OF INNOCENT HUMAN LIFE HAS BEEN COMPENSATED FOR. Why do abolitionists only rate innocent human life to simply be on a par with killers' continuing life at taxpayers' expense replete with continuing board & accommodation, medical supervision, conjugal visits for killers and opportunity to progress in various social institutions? I've seen this abolitionist film before: it's called Bambi meets Godzilla. Pious claptrap unlimited.

You failed again to deal with points raised. Why? My Research Study shows that multitudes more innocent lives have been taken by convicted-but-not-executed murderers REPEATING the crime of murder than were ever taken by the State by mistake. It's an ugly fact for abolitionists to come to grips with, granted, but there it sits high on the judicial flagpole. Didn't Tom Huxley once say something about the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact? Exactly so, and this particular ugly fact will not curl up in a corner & stay curled. I'm prepared to list an almost unending list from my Research Study but wonder whether you'd even be interested. Anyways, let me commence with names such as Daved Harry Fisher, Dwight Lucas, Arthur Shawcross, Dalton Prejean, Meva Singh Gill, Thomas Walker on into the abolitionist night. Care enuf to want more? Probably not. And you probably don't care all that much about the next ugly fact that from 1976 till 2000 11.4% of all homicides where committed by inmates with a previous murder charge....in other words 58,409 innocent people were executed at the hands of known murderers! May I lovingly suggest to you that if you care to abolish the vital death penalty for convicted killers that the essential first step be taken by our friends the murderers themselves. If they continue to desecrate innocent human life - whether your loved ones or mine - that they be prepared to forfeit their own lives in commonsense exchange. The Bottom Line in our earnest discussion is that capital punishment SAVES INNOCENT lives, plumb & plain.

The greatest crime in the desert is finding water and keeping silent. I suggest to my North Carolina friend that the greatest crime in the judicial structure is knowing according to the stated record that the death penalty does indeed saved innocent lives and preferring to remain uninterrupted by conscience, rectitude or logic. But then again, I guess pobody is nerfect, right?:boohoo:

Wow great post and I totally agree. :clap:

I see the article was posted (written) on Tuesday, 6/24/08. So Ceasar called his lawyer on Thursday, 6/19/08. Wow, 5 days and it's just now getting out!

I wonder if this means that Ceasar knows that things are wrapping up soon for the extradition back???

Or did he want to clarify that Christina does NOT have to testify??

Good catch Tom'sGirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria and Cesar were mentioned alot last night on the NG show due to another 23 pregnant woman found dead in a motel room in NC. Also, a marine.

I see the article was posted (written) on Tuesday, 6/24/08. So Ceasar called his lawyer on Thursday, 6/19/08. Wow, 5 days and it's just now getting out!

I wonder if this means that Ceasar knows that things are wrapping up soon for the extradition back???

Or did he want to clarify that Christina does NOT have to testify??

Good catch Tom'sGirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria and Cesar were mentioned alot last night on the NG show due to another 23 pregnant woman found dead in a motel room in NC. Also, a marine.

Littledeer,

Meagan Touma was not a Marine. She was in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville.

She had been overseas stationed in Germany for three years and had just arrived at the base in NC two weeks ago.

Can someone email or myspace Maria's sister and tell her to make sure they make Christina testify? Mabye Annie can press her own charges of 'suspicion' against Christina? Is there even such a thing?! I just can't sit here and accept that Christina is totally innocent in all of this and it burns me up to think she may get to walk free and enjoy her little girl when she (more then likely) took that right away from Maria.. She had something to do with Maria and Gabriels death I don't care what anyone says...

Can someone email or myspace Maria's sister and tell her to make sure they make Christina testify? Maybe Annie can press her own charges of 'suspicion' against Christina? Is there even such a thing?! I just can't sit here and accept that Christina is totally innocent in all of this and it burns me up to think she may get to walk free and enjoy her little girl when she (more then likely) took that right away from Maria.. She had something to do with Maria and Gabriel's death I don't care what anyone says...

Sadly the law is the law and by law she cannot testify unless the defendant, her husband, gives her permission to do so.

I am afraid this has opened up a can of worms. Chain of custody is a must. If she cant testify that she is the one who found the notes, then took them to the base, how can they come in? They were left in her home, to her, so that would be privileged information.

Also in the SW again private conversations are revealed that showed parts of their private conversations with each other. Now we find out that those are considered confidential and she cant be compelled to testify to them unless he says so.

And IMO DA Hudson must have known this all along and he tried to back door this information into the public to taint the potential jury pool by revealing her confidential conversations she had with her husband.

McNeil, Laurean's attorney, got a call from Laurean around the first week in June. McNeil seemed very upbeat after talking with Laurean. I wonder what Cesar told him?

imoo

oceanblueyes:

I meant to type Army, but was thinking of Maria and typed Marine instead.

Thanks for correcting my mistake!!!!!! :blowkiss:

According to what I've been reading here, Cesar called last Thursday!
http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=393#comment-7234

interesting....thanks, TG

from the link above:

This will destroy some conspiracy theories out there, and I am sorry, but in North Carolina spousal immunity defaults to the side of the accused. That means that Laurean will decide whether or not his wife can testify.

All the talk that “Christina cut a deal” and “they are not arresting her so she will testify” is bunk.

Suspect in pregnant Marine’s death to be returned from Mexico
By gcarter
Cesar Laurean, 21, who was arrested in Mexico in April, could be returned to Onslow County, North Carolina, within a week, the county sheriff’s office said in a statement issued Thursday. Federal authorities will handle his ...
The CNN Wire - http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
NC officials: Mexican court OKs Marine extradition
Cesar Laurean in custody in about a week. But both the prosecutor and Laurean's attorney say it may be several weeks before he returns. Laurean is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach. ...
Politics | AP | Huffington Post Wires - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/
NC officials: Mexican court OKs Marine extradition
North Carolina officials say a Mexican court has approved returning a Marine accused of killing a pregnant colleague to the US. Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said Thursday he expects to have 21-year-old Cpl. Cesar Laurean in custody in ...
Associated Press News - Salon.com - http://www.salon.com/wires/?source=rss

Thanks for the update, TG! Was it only April that he was arrested? -- It seems like a year ago, at least. Looking forward to his return :behindbar!

Thanks for the update, TG! Was it only April that he was arrested? -- It seems like a year ago, at least. Looking forward to his return :behindbar!
I know, to everyone it seemed so long ago, but everything considered he's coming back sooner than what I had thought :clap:

Now, maybe we get to learn some real details, the Media will be all over this when he hits our soil!

that is wonderful news, thanks for update... I did not see it on the news

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back