Mark Fuhrman ???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not trying to downplay the seriousness of his perjury, but this was about his past use of the "n" word, not about any facts of the case. Can't blame him for wanting to not appear prejudiced about OJ's race, knowing that this might affect whether or not the jury believed his finding of the evidence. But lying about it was misguided and wrong.
I cannot let him off the hook as easily. IIRC. It was more than using the n word and lying about it. Facts of the case did come into question due to his testimony so it wasn't just about racial slurs, it had a domino effect on the trial and the evidence collection and more!

were you closed to santa monica and it sounds like you know Mark personally? If you lived close to this case you would know that Mark did nothing wrong, this case was lost due to money, politics and threats etc etc etc.

The case was lost because *advertiser censored* F. Lee Bailey, knows how to play dirty. Mark Furhman was the fallguy for [F-LEE]who knew that his client was a vicious murderer. He knew he had to bring in a racial motive to explain away the evidence and give the jury a reason to feign belief that Simpson was framed.

With that said, I think he has found a niche for himself after losing the ability to be LE with his felony conviction. he does serve a purpose that is generally accepted to be honorable as well as productive and he is respected. I think that it is impressive that it did not shut his life down and he was able to go on and reach an impressive standing in the investigative world.
snipped for brevity, but the whole post rocked! :D

ITA! He definetly has the passion and exceptional skills. If something happened to someone in my family and I needed a PI, he would probably be my first choice.

I thought Mark perjured himself didn't he? I am not sure one can say he did nothing wrong, but I will double check. I don't think he was the deal breaker in the case at all, but he did commit a crime IIRC.

ETA: ok I see Kenosha kid posted the link already, thank you.

No hr pleaded the 5th as the way they asked the question, no matter how he answered it would be damaging to him and the case as far as the jury went.

The defense used/abused the "racial aspect of the parties involved", which goes with MF using the "N" word, and that is how the defense won the case period

How could any information that MF has be withheld until trial? It's not as if his statements are privileged, correct?
It does appear that he did an interview with OCSO, but I've never seen anything from MF released in discovery. He's not even on the States witness list. :waitasec:

I hope I don't upset anyone by saying this, but something about MF rubs me the wrong way and I cannot pinpoint what it is. It's not because of anything he did during the OJ trial though. I didn't even follow that trial or really research it.
I do take everything he says with a grain of salt regarding this case ever since he showed up on the scene in the very beginning. I don't know but he makes my hinky go off like crazy.

*snipped*

Terrific set-up post, Leila (of course).

• Here's the Fuhrman interview on Hannity: (link)
  • Here's one of the first Fuhrman reports on Greta 8/6/08 where Mark divulged the date of the shovel being borrowed and the flurry of calls..."tightening up the timeline" and the CSI visit that day: (link)
  • Report on the dryer sheets and garbage bag handle colors, etc. 1/27/09: (link)
  • I recall Mark making the report commenting that the case might swing on the presence/absence of ham and cheese (e.g. the proverbial "ham sandwich") in the trunk presumably related to the contents inside the blue-handled white trash bag recovered from Johnson's Tow Yard dumpster that Simon tossed in from the trunk of the Pontiac 1/28/09 : (link)
  • Mark also did a report 1/30/09 walking through the disposal site that seemed quite odd. He drove from the Anthony's house to the site to show how close they are (but then they cut/edit it losing the impact of the piece IMHO). Markk also shows the Amscot location where the Pontiac was left: (link)
  • If interested you can do a search using "Fuhrman" on the FoxNews Video page (link) and you find most of the Caylee case reports he did. I didn't dig through them all, but, there are more there FYI.
HTH

Thank you for all the links and all that you do here!!! When Tony and Lee were in the car talking , Lee said that he sat with a detective (that was not on the case) for four hours....I immediately thought that was Mark.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBdB3XQE28[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQWwFW6MwX4[/ame]

NO, Actually a lady had taped Mark years ago writing a book and he did say the word exagerating being a cop etc. It should have never been brought into evidence the lady did it for the money from the defense.
Mark himself didnt purger himself on the stand as he pleaded the 5th on how the question was asked, he would not answer the way it was asked and JUDGE Ito would not sustain the question as it was asked.

The defense used/abused the "racial aspect of the parties involved", which goes with MF using the "N" word, and that is how the defense won the case period

Robert Shapiro said after the trial "We not only played the race card, we dealt it from the bottom of the deck".

How could any information that MF has be withheld until trial? It's not as if his statements are privileged, correct?
It does appear that he did an interview with OCSO, but I've never seen anything from MF released in discovery. He's not even on the States witness list. :waitasec:

I hope I don't upset anyone by saying this, but something about MF rubs me the wrong way and I cannot pinpoint what it is. It's not because of anything he did during the OJ trial though. I didn't even follow that trial or really research it.
I do take everything he says with a grain of salt regarding this case ever since he showed up on the scene in the very beginning. I don't know but he makes my hinky go off like crazy.

I think a brief narrative was provided by Det. Melich in one of the early doc dumps, that went over some of the conversations MF had with CA. But I could be mistaken.
I can look if you wish, but I am certain it would be in one of the docs dumps before the turn of 2009.

ETA-Found this on a Google result:

Page 2499-2499: 08/07/2008 Mark Fuhrman met with Orange County Investigators: (**NEW)
- 06/17/2008 is the date Mark Fuhrman said George and Cindy stated the gate was open and pool ladder moved.
- 06/17/2008 was date also reported pool supply box was also moved near the pool.
- Mark Fuhrman said this date was very specific yet George could not provide date during his interview.
- Mark Fuhrman also reported that George and Cindy explained Cindy and Casey had arguement on 15th or 16th June.
- Mark Fuhrman also reported Cindy stated she would like to know one way or another if Caylee is dead or alive.

I could not find a full interview in discovery.

Bumping not for the issues pertaining to OJ, but in regards to the things MF stated about this case.

Cindy admitted the fight to him. :fight:

Hearsay I am sure, but I sure wish he could testify in this case in regards to the fight-It has become pretty important as far as demonstrating impetus to carry out a premeditated plan.

I like MF. I think he is one heck of a good detective. He does search and note very little details. But, that's what makes him so good. You know what they say...the devil is in the details. And, if Casey Anthony isn't a devil/demon, I don't know who is. Honestly, she often looks like she is demon possessed. JMO

Is MF on the witness list? Wouldn't anything he have have been released in discovery by now?

Is MF on the witness list? Wouldn't anything he have have been released in discovery by now?

He is nowhere on the list, from what I have seen... and I seriously doubt anything he "discovered" would be put into play without him being put on the stand.

He is nowhere on the list, from what I have seen... and I seriously doubt anything he "discovered" would be put into play without him being put on the stand.

I'm sure it is some combination of the following.

- He didn't uniquely discover anything that was not readily apparent without needing any testimony from him.

- His entire history is one that LE and the SA would prefer being able to avoid in their case and trial. regardless of his own personal credentials, they do not want "the OJ case" being involved with theirs. Unless MF was the one that found the body, there is really no reason to use him.

- Lets not forget that MF was on this scene doing these investigations as a journalist. As we learned from CM's attempts to add KB to their witness list, it requires some very high standards to have a journalist offer testimony in Florida.

LE and the SA simply saw far more potential hassle with virtually no real benefit in anything that MF may have provided them.

:snooty:that wasn't the only reason OJ got off:
Major reasons OJ got off: star-struck jury who refused to convict, the trial should have been held in Santa Monica- where the crime was committed-with a jury of his rich peers, rather than downtown L.A., Darden should never have had him "try-on" the glove in open court, Furhman's tapes should never have been admitted, and Ito should have recused himself because of a prior association with Johnny Cochran!!!
OJ's own attorneys knew he was guilty, but justified it to themselves under "moral cover".

I doubt it, but even if he were, I don't believe he has first hand knowledge or hard evidence of any sort. His best efforts were in getting info out of the Anthonys, but I believe that would be objected to as hearsay.
He also might not be someone the state wants to bring before a jury anyway. I like him very much, too-but not everyone agrees with me due to the things the OJ defense put out about him. That could be incendiary all over again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back