Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fraud case has not been litigated. He is not guilty or innocent, so, what can they bring in? Only allegations.

If it had been litigated and he was found guilty, it would definitely go to his character.

Hypothetical: if he has been charged, would it have been kosher to bring that up?

Somewhere, Dr. P said that MS confessed it to him. I thought it odd that would happen, but, if MS was desperate and looking for help from Dr. P's attorney-wife...

I simply cannot believe the business fraud and money problems did not come up. In disbelief, really. This is a huge part of motive. Someone tell me I missed something?
I do not think I could convict based solely on what was presented at trial. Really hate saying that. Like really hate it.
I'm with ya.

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 8m8 minutes ago

A few sighs of relief seemed to come from Teresa Sievers' family members when Mark Sievers announced his decision. #SieversTrial

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 5m5 minutes ago
    Several witnesses who testified in the trial are in the courtroom today, including the lead investigators from the Lee County Sheriff's Office Lt. Michael Downs and Lt. David Lebid.

Myra Simmons, an analyst from the sheriff's office, is in the courtroom.

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 7m7 minutes ago
    Lee Circuit Judge Bruce Kyle and the attorneys for both sides are going through the jury instructions before the jurors are brought out for closing arguments.

Oops - left to go shopping...

Wednesday, December 4th:
*Trial continues (Day 9) (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection, opening statements started on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men, with 2 alternates (1 is a man).
Jury selection 11/12/19 thru 11/19/19 (Day 1-6) & Trial info 11/20/19 to 11/27/19 (Day 1-6) reference post #159 here:
Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

12/2/19 Day 7: State witnesses: Linda Otterstatter (FBI trace evidence analyst). Sherri Fentress (FBI Analyst, conducted Mitochondrial DNA testing on certain items from crime scene). Taylor Shomaker (JJR's now ex-GF). Defense retains Shomaker for recall. Defense said they need her to authenticate the video of herself finding the jumpsuit on the side of the road. State will stipulate that she's the person in the video. Defense will release Shomaker & allow her to leave today. State & defense just also agreed to waive sequestration of jurors during deliberation. Dr. Bethany Mitchell (Life-long friend of Teresa's). Daniele Berardelli (childhood friend of Teresa's). Kimberly Torres (next door neighbor in Bonita Springs). Could be recalled. Dr. Thomas Coyne (Deputy Chief medical examiner in Lee County). State rests. Defense Attorney Micheal Mummert makes a motion for judgement for acquittal for both charges in the case (conspiracy to commit murder & first-degree murder). Judge denies acquittal. Defense has 7 witnesses, but none are here today. Trial continues on 12/3.
12/3/19 Day 8: The morning in courtroom 8A started with concern from a juror. He's worried another juror hasn't been paying attention throughout the entire trial. Judge Kyle brought out that juror in question who assured he's heard everything. Defense witnesses: Kevin Stout (digital forensics unit supervisor with LCSO). Lt. David Lebid (LCSO). Lt. Michael Downs (LCSO). Brief recess, jury out of room. State is arguing video of Shomaker on the side of the

road recovering the jumpsuit is not admissible. They stipulated that it's Shomaker yesterday but not that it's admissible. Setting up video & judge is going to watch then rule on its admissibility. The judge sustains the state's objection to the video previously shown to the judge. That means it won't be admitted into evidence or shown to the jury. After break/recess, Defense witnesses: Lt. Michael Downs (LCSO) back on stand. Defense now questioning Kimberly Van Waus (LCSO crime tech) outside the presence of the jury to determine state objection's to evidence expected to be entered. They are seeking to admit documents from DNA labs of lab testing done by the private lab. Jury back: Defense witnesses: Kimberly Van Waus (Crime scene analyst with LCSO). Myra Simmons (formerly with the LCSO; testified about the cell phone (burner phones) information from tower pulls). Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. Dr. Mark Petrites. Monica Lyons (the Sievers' estate attorney). The Judge will inquire whether Mark Sievers will testify tomorrow morning. The defense will discuss with Sievers between now & then. Closings are after that, 2.5 hours each. Jury sent home for the day. Judge Kyle is now using this time to go through jury instructions with the attorneys. Trial continues on 12/4.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2 has been continued to 2/10/20.

My thoughts on Angela: She knew she married a 5 time convicted felon. She knows he's not a good guy, and I guess she just doesn't have high standards and married him anyway. I think she knew he was going out of town to do something illegal, he said "don't ask, as usual, but get a burner phone if you are gonna want to reach me." After he came back she realized what he'd done so she tampered with witnesses she'd previously complained to him about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735