Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooke Shafer‏ @BrookeWINKNews 50s51 seconds ago
    The state is trying to focus on the fact that the trust would benefit the spouse (Mark Sievers). But the estate attorney says it's more complicated than that. No more questions, she's released. #SieversTrial @winknews

Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 45s45 seconds ago

And she's off the stand. Lots of confusion there. Even some tension. Judge Bruce Kyle just announced we're done for the day. #trialtweets #MarkSieversontrial #TeresaSievers #NBC2courtcoverage

she often asked Mark what card she could use when going out for lunch or whatever.

Great point! Manipulative, controlling spouses will do that: control the pennies and keep their naive spouse completely ignorant of facts. There's a huge problem if you have to ask your spouse which card has enough money so you can eat lunch. It's a huge problem for anyone in that situation, even more staggering when you know the amount of money she was bringing in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS may have been "managing", but it wasn't anywhere near successful or even common sense managing. IRS threatening a lien on the home, owing money for the business co-op, committing Medicare fraud - I suppose those could technically be referred to as "managing" finances, an office or a home. No problem paying hotel bills, expensive spa dates, lavish dinners out, social climbing, his gun collection, keeping over $40,000 in cash at the house...

paranoia prompts me to add that this is all my opinion only

Last edited:
Oh boy, Attorney Lyons looks so pained and confused to answer the question if TS's Trust was for her Spouse and her two children.

Finally it ends. Call it a day.

NOT a good ending for the defense! Good Lord!!

On another note, doesn't the State get a chance at rebuttal witnesses?

She's team mark.
I also think that she is Team Attorney Lyons. She wrote the document (based on case law) and has to publicly defend it regarding her client on trial for murder. If she appears to have written something that would benefit him (a killer) it would have impact on her client list I am sure. She has to be Team "Good Trust Lawyer who followed the wishes of her clients" both Dr. Sievers and Mr. Sievers.

It was telling that the defense didn't come out and say MS was a life insurance beneficiary. Letting the prosecution do it was a mistake as it appears he was trying to hide that MS would benefit from the the death, an apparently shifty move.

Great point! Manipulative, controlling spouses will do that: control the pennies and keep their naive spouse completely ignorant of facts. There's a huge problem if you have to ask your spouse which card has enough money so you can eat lunch. It's a huge problem for anyone in that situation, even more staggering when you know the amount of money she was bringing in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS may have been "managing", but it wasn't anywhere near successful or even common sense managing. IRS threatening a lien on the home, owing money for the business co-op, committing Medicare fraud - I suppose those could technically be referred to as "managing" finances, an office or a home. No problem paying hotel bills, expensive spa dates, lavish dinners out, social climbing, his gun collection, keeping over $40,000 in cash at the house...
Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member