Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 11m11 minutes ago
Defense witness: A life insurance trust is not intended to be a "windfall or a life upgrade" for the beneficiary.

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 35m35 minutes ago
Important: Estate attorney is testifying that a trustee would not get the money in a trust "free for all." According to the trust docs, #MarkSievers was the trustee & was limited in how much money he could withdraw from the trust. (2 pgs of irrevocable trust) #MarkSieversTrial

EK49Vx0XsAIxLIX.jpg

EK49Vx5XkAA7Rsl.jpg

LPN, per FL DOH:
FL DOH MQA Search Portal | License Verification
FL DOH MQA Search Portal | License Verification For Practitioner Details
MARK D SIEVERS
License Number: PN5153912

Data As Of 12/2/2019

Profession Licensed Practical Nurse
License PN5153912
License Status NULL AND VOID/
License Expiration Date 7/31/2017
License Original Issue Date 06/24/2002

Yes so he was an LPN during the time of the crime and after he was arrested it expired.
We are probably both right, and he referred to himself as an RN. Though I have worked with AMAZING LPNs, nothing against them. And I guess the pay difference isn't as much as I had thought.

Off topic, ASA Ross is firing me up!

I think the RN is only considering those with the RN associates degree. Most RN’s in Southwest Florida are expected to have a BSN. It’s kind of the standard for Lee Memorial. I’d assume they make more.

This chick is annoying. And it's bs. Friend was to get trust of 250k at 35. At 25 her trustees started paying off her credit cards yearly. She ran then up, they paid them off. By 30 she spent every dime. Bought nothing if value and had nothing to show for it. Mark could have lived nicely off that trust

At least we know she really cared about Teresa, and hopefully wouldn't let Mark slide if she could help it. This witness sort of wears her heart on her sleeve, IMO, via her facial expressions.

On a personal level, I like her. She presents as genuine, caring and honest. Maybe not the best at explaining the excruciating details of Trusts, but it's a difficult subject.

Bottom line: the way to get around this is to ask specific questions that can have easily digestible answers (but the defense wants to baffle with bull):
1. How much is in the trust
2. Revocable, Irrevocable, Living
3. Who is/are the beneficiaries
4. What date was it created
5. What dates was it modified
6. Reason/s for modifying
7. When would the latest modification activate
8. How is it handled: Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, a Trust
9. Is it paid out in lump sum
..........There are more, but that's what I've got for now.

I'd love to see a chart - timeline. Again, visuals are excellent tools.
Timeline with Trust dates, Insurance dates, texts, calls, burner phones, dates/names of pertinent communications

As far as the proceeds "needing" to be large enough to buy out the practice if TS died, without TS there was no practice, so I'm not understanding this. I know having insurance on the practice should be large enough to compensate for the death of a doctor business partner's death, but why would MS need or want to buy out a living doctor/business partner's in the event of the death of his wife/doctor. She's the reason the practice exists; it's not like he could step in and take over. I see that there needs to be enough cash to cover her portion of business expenses until things are settled, but that's it.

ASA Ross touching on "liberal, as in exhaust the trust to the benefit of my spouse". Lyons tries to include that it may be a case of a serious illness that requires exhausting the trust. Provisions of the Trust expired during Teresa's life? Lyons answered yes, but it goes on and on. (Personally, I lose focus and don't know what the point is anymore, and I was in benefits administration.) ASA Ross eventually implies that Lyons doesn't perhaps grasp the questions ASA Ross is asking.

MOO, it's a little too in-depth and may confuse the Jurors. It seems like too much.

I thought he was an LPN (licensed practical nurse,) not an RN. There is a significant difference in pay rates between the two. (I'm an RN) I may be wrong and don't intend to argue, but I remember that detail. Perhaps my memory is off!

You are correct; he was licensed in 1995. There was even testimony yesterday that he said would have to take time to get re-certified if he were to go back to work as a nurse.

Here is an article with a timeline of life before and after meeting Teresa Sievers. Wow, I'd forgotten some of this and how his character, or lack of character, is consistent throughout his life.
Included is a section called:
"The whole family is a mess" ----- "Mark the mystery: Troubled early years"

https://www.news-press.com/story/news/2016/06/29/teresa-mark-sievers-murder-saga-why-backstory/85643124/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12